MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

More fun with sequencer syncing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author More fun with sequencer syncing
JohnLRice

In this one I'm using an external MIDI clock source (RM1X) into the M553 MIDI2Clock module to provide master clock and start sync. The M553's fixed clock goes to the M569 sequencer's first shift input and it's variable clock set to 1/4 goes to the Q960's shift input.

The M569 is providing the fast 32 step sequence (simply controlling four MOTM-300 VCO's with sawtooth output run directly to the mixer, no filtering or VCAs etc used! woah )

Rows 1 and 2 of the Q960 along with the Q962 are providing the bass sequence (2 MOTM-310's an octave apart). Row 3 of the Q960 is being used to modulate the MOTM-440 filter one of the MOTM-310 is running through. (the other MOTM-310 is run through a MOTM-485 at just a fixed setting)

The M564 is being used to switch the pitch modulation in and out. Steps 1 and 2 have no input and steps 3 and 4 each have a different bias voltage provided by a couple channels of the M525 reversable attenuator.

The M553's 'Start' output is multed to the Q960's first step input, the Q962's first trigger input, the M569's first reset input and the M564's first trigger input.

The bass and snare sound was created by running some MOTM-101 noise through the Moog 9504A filter. Using the MOTM-730 I divided the fixed output of the M553 by 8 and 16. The /8 output is firing a MOTM-800 EG VCA combo and the /16 output is firing another MOTM-800 which is routed to one of the 9504A's control inputs so it opens up every other time. It was a little tricky to get the MOTM-730 synced back up again if I stopped the whole sequence so once I had it all running I just left it running! thumbs up

There are probably a bunch of details I left out but, I want to go eat lunch! hihi

rezzn8r
MY ASS IS BLEEDING SlayerBadger!
wow, the bass synth line sounds huge
very nice
patchdub
awesomeness!!!
as always very inspiring. thanks for posting!
Scaff
wow, sounds massive!
jenamu6
applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause

Very Fucking Great thumbs up

applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause
pugix
Enjoyed watching and listening. Thanks!
MindMachine
Seriously epic... we're not worthy Excellent work!!! applause thumbs up applause
sduck
Excellent! That was fun! Do it again!
doctorvague
Excellent John!
Your video chops are as good as your modular chops
ya-creep-ya

hihi hihi hihi
sunsinger
Very cool John, the bass sound was as big as Wendy Carlos' piece Timesteps from famous Viddie scene in "A Clockwork Orange"

Hard to get sounds like that. Nice performance. applause
kindredlost
Your best yet John. A pleasure to listen and watch. Supreme patch king! we're not worthy

-David
emdot_ambient
Awesomeness!

Your videos always make me want to start jamming. Great stuff!
JohnLRice
Wow! Thanks for all the fine lovin', guys! I love it! Lotsa Love Hug nodnod

RE Sunsinger: "the bass sound was as big as Wendy Carlos' piece Timesteps"

Man oops, hard to swallow being compared to the great W. Carlos! we're not worthy Thank you so much though! And that's a big compliment to Paul S. at Synth Tech too since that sound is just two MOTM-310 VCO's, one MOTM-440 VCF and one MOTM-485 VCF!
syzygywell
God damn that is huge! not the sound just the cases... hihi yeah the sound and the cases!
JILT
John your modular patching is epic! I love the modular as well and the cool videos you do. I noticed your from Washington as well. I know you don't know me but I would love to watch that modular in action, I'm thinking about going the 5 unit modular style myself.
werock
Another nice video John. Regarding the visuals, what do you use to generate the effects/animation overlays in your videos?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1