MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

temps_utile / 6 x clock generator [build thread etc]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author temps_utile / 6 x clock generator [build thread etc]
mxmxmx

... teensy 3.1/3.2 6-channel trigger generator/clock distributor.

hardware specs:

- teensy 3.2 @ 120MHz, w/ 128x64 OLED
- 16.67kHz update rate, < 100us trigger-to-output latency
- 2 clock inputs (> 100k input impedance; threshold ~ 2.5V)
- 4 CV inputs (100k input impedance, -/+ 5V, assignable to (almost) any parameter)
- 6 clock outputs (5 digital, 1 DAC (12 bit): 10V (GPIO), -/+ 6V (DAC))
- two encoders w/ switch; 2 tactile buttons.
- 14HP, ~ 25 mm Depth
- stupid name courtesy of M. Louis Lapicque

firmware:

6 (independent) channels / 6 modes per channel:

- trigger sequencer/sequence editor
- clock division/multiplication
- LFSR
- random w/ threshold
- euclidian
- logic (AND, OR, XOR, NAND, NOR, XNOR)
- DAC (channel #4 only): random, binary, "Turing", logistic, sequencer/arpeggiator

hardware/software/etc:

https://github.com/mxmxmx/temps_utile-

build guide:

https://github.com/mxmxmx/temps_utile-/wiki/build-it

original post:
Quote:
i can't seem to access any of the older threads, so here's a dedicated one for this thing, too (the one on the right):

ie, the firmware/documentation/build guide is up (sorry i took a little longer than expected):

https://github.com/mxmxmx/temps_utile-/wiki/Temps-Utile

i'm out of boards, so that'll mostly interest people who already have one. (though the gerbers are on github, too). it's a fairly quick/simple thing to solder up.

[....]

i'm not quite sure why i made this; but it's ok fun, it turns out.
ac
Thank you for sharing this, I've been wanting to build something similar with the Teensy.
midirobot
hello mxmxmx

great job you do!!

as the older posts are not working i would ask you here
if you still have eurotrash player board in stock ?

thanks
mxmxmx
midirobot wrote:

as the older posts are not working i would ask you here
if you still have eurotrash player board in stock ?

yes, pm me if interested.
midirobot
hello

PM sent.
mxmxmx
fyi -- these just turned up here. i've pm'd everyone (i think) who said he/she wanted boards.

there's a few leftovers, too. good for practicing SMD, not least; no $$$ parts, mostly just a bunch of 0805s and SOIC; the annoying stuff is through-hole (electrolytics etc)

puzo
hi, are there any boards left, whats the price on them? cheers
mxmxmx

[edit: removed outdated information]
jazzmonster
mxmxmx
I'd like to order 1 PCB if you have any left. PM sent. Thanks!
flab
interested as well ,pmed you
spotta
Will you be putting a blank .fpd up Max?
mxmxmx
spotta wrote:
Will you be putting a blank .fpd up Max?

sure, there is one here : https://github.com/mxmxmx/temps_utile-/tree/master/hard

that's the one in first post, on the right.
spotta
My bad, it was 4xCV that I couldn't see one for.
jazzmonster
Just received the board in the post, thanks a lot! Do you happen to have a mouser cart for it? Thanks
flts
This (and Eurotrash) will be good SMD practise before trying out Braids and Clouds (yikes). The OLEDs arrived already, now just waiting for boards to arrive and some extra funds to actually order all the SMT components. I guess most of the stuff aside the DAC is available from Tayda and the likes.
midirobot
ciao

just received the board,all is allright!!thanks Max!

want to ask to the other pepole who managed to build one,
i saw for the oled on ebay
oled
but they don t deliver to Italia,can we arrange something?
thanks in advance
mxmxmx
jazzmonster wrote:
Just received the board in the post, thanks a lot! Do you happen to have a mouser cart for it? Thanks

i don't, sorry ... the BOM includes a few parts numbers here and there (encoders, switches), but there's no really odd parts involved so most of it should be readily available from other sources (e.g. tayda).

as for the mec switches, the cheapest source i know of is https://www.soselectronic.com/

that's their part # 102166 ( 5ETH935 Multimec Switch to PCB 10x10mm 3,5N (Black))

they don't have the right caps though; minimum order 50 eu, too.

midirobot wrote:
they don t deliver to Italia, can we arrange something?

huh, that's weird. i don't have any left but you'll probably be fine going with some other seller (this looks pretty much identical, for example).
midirobot
great max the one you linked deliver to Italia:)

thanks
mxmxmx
someone asked whether this thing could be used for outputting audio -- i figured that might be of more general interest. so, A: in principle: yes (there's a 4 pole filter placed after the DAC), but i actually hadn't tried with the display; it turns out they work together quite happily *:

(* i was lazy, so for trying it out, i just quickly hacked up the orgone accumulator code; so that's what that is, running at 66.666kHz)
flts
^- That's cool. I've actually wished for a really simple "allround programmable" module for all kinds of audio and trigger gen, looks like I'll have to do some experimenting once the mouser order gets here and I have the time to build the thing.
pld
In case no one else has tried it: the b&w Adafruit OLED seems to work just fine on the board, with either ssd1306 or sh1106 driver. And at 144MHz smile

I'll install the jacks and encoders when I have the panel, but I still have to adjust the panel layout and at least put some "programmer art" on it smile But I've measured pulses on the outputs with a clock input so looks good.
lamouette/rck
No clock multiplier ? only diviser ?
mush
lamouette/rck wrote:

The thing with this module is that it is very easy to code for. Making a clock multiplier isn't very complicated. As you can code it like any arduino, you can just use the "mills" counter between incoming pulses and divide the number you get...
mxmxmx
lamouette/rck wrote:

nope, though it's kind of on my list. it'll need some proper timers going on underneath, not a big deal; i just didn't get round to it. as mush said, it's fairly easy to write code for this kind of thing, add modes, etc. there could be a pattern editor type thing; DAC stuff is very rudimentary, too; someone suggested turing machine; and so on.
mxmxmx
fyi:

courtesy of pld, here's a firmware update for temps_utile; the current parameter settings are stored permanently now, so on start-up things will return to whatever you had dialed before powering down.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 1 of 25