MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BugBrand compressor in the works?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author BugBrand compressor in the works?
Petur
https://twitter.com/BugBrand/status/552760864122880000

Anyone knows?
BugBrand
Stay tuned for NAMM!

(bad joke)

No - nothing imminent for sure - I've been playing around with several comp designs for a couple of years, but no definites as yet.
ginorobair
A Bug at NAMM? Or even during the NAMM timeframe -- That would be a welcome thing!
BugBrand
No - silly joke - given that it seems our device world revolves around NAMM - but I don't really play that game - boo to me.
Petur
BugBrand wrote:
No - nothing imminent for sure - I've been playing around with several comp designs for a couple of years, but no definites as yet.

Cool, a compressor in the same form factor as your other devices (Cross Over Filter, PTDelay etc) would be ace! Stereo would be a plus also.
qstate
Yes, a compressor and reverb would wrap it up nicely with CoFilter, PEQ, and PT Delay! nanners
ginorobair
BugBrand wrote:
No - silly joke - given that it seems our device world revolves around NAMM - but I don't really play that game - boo to me.

Yeah, I don't think it's bad thing to announce products at other times. Many of the software companies don't even get an official booth at NAMM anymore (Native Inst for example) because they launch new products at other times and then there is less noise on the Internet to compete with.

But NAMM has gravity, in part, because it's basically a big party once you get all the various developers into one room (and the bars afterwards).

In that way, it's actually quite fun. I'd suggest visiting it some time, Tom. And you're across the street from Disneyland, so if you have little ones, it can be vacation time in the warm SoCal weather.
Ginko
Not Available Maybe May
ginorobair
Ginko wrote:
Not Available Maybe May

Exactly.
That's one thing you can say about Bug Brand: when a new product is announced, it's available.
phisynth
ginorobair wrote:

Exactly.
That's one thing you can say about Bug Brand: when a new product is announced, it's available.

More precisely, when it's announced, it was available in the last few minutes wink
Ginko
phisynth wrote:
ginorobair wrote:

Exactly.

More precisely, when it's announced, it was available in the last few minutes wink

Haha I was trying to find similar words hihi
ginorobair
Well, yes, there is THAT.

Ginko wrote:
phisynth wrote:
ginorobair wrote:

Exactly.

Haha I was trying to find similar words hihi
Petur
Oh yes! Seems a BugBrand compressor is brewing!

https://twitter.com/Blawan/status/583583812669595648
glia
that thing is beautiful
BugBrand
Nice Christmas tree but perhaps a bit out of season?!
Petur
Any news on the compressor?
BugBrand
That pic linked above is an earlier iteration. [added some nice bits beyond!]

It is nearly time to produce.. People who've tested have very much liked it!
tIB
Love the earlier version, can't wait to hear what you have done with it!
Petur
Good to hear! Looking forward to it!
a100user
I have put off buying an outboard compressor because this is coming thumbs up

Really looking forward to the release Tom.
glia
a100user wrote:
I have put off buying an outboard compressor because this is coming thumbs up

Really looking forward to the release Tom.
same here

I just want to see/hear it in action...the original foto looked quite playable
BugBrand
Yeah, not entirely sure how best to demo it.. (some testers have made comparison files, but I don't think I recorded anything particular).
It is quite playable for sure! Jamie (from whom the photo came) used it live in a big club immediately and was pretty positive on it!
Most other testers have been more studio based.. Each person has come at it a bit different, really - last test was particularly interesting as it was a Bristol studio with plenty of nice outboard comps - again, nice positive response! [even given the non-rack approach]

As a tidbit - it springs from the (much cloned) SSL 4000 bus compressor but completely rebuilds the insides + adds a few nice extras too.
Cat-A-Tonic
Wow! exciting.
blue_lu
Oh man, that could be a great chain -> EQ+Compressor.

One question remains - is the compressor stereo? the pic suggests 2 ins, 2 outs - so fingers crossed....
BugBrand
Yes, stereo - balanced in & out.
[there's side-chain send/return too now]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4