MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Abstrakt Instruments - Avalon Bassline
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Abstrakt Instruments - Avalon Bassline
bimbom
I know , but I’m around in other places , sold lots of stuff , hopefully trusted.
If these. Get removed I totally understand.
sduck
No, you're not special. The rules apply to everyone here - https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34546
gentle_attack
bimbom wrote:
I know , but I’m around in other places , sold lots of stuff , hopefully trusted.
If these. Get removed I totally understand.

I'm glad you're participating in the FUNKSTÖRUNG thread.

Good stuff in there!
anselmi
anselmi wrote:
anyway...a semi-modular full-analog 303, with BBD fx and 19 filter types will be released by behringer this year for $199 w00t

told ya, guys! hihi hihi hihi

anselmi
anselmi wrote:
anselmi wrote:
anyway...a semi-modular full-analog 303, with BBD fx and 19 filter types will be released by behringer this year for $199 w00t

told ya, guys! hihi hihi hihi

WTF!?!?!?! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQ-aZYA1pN/
Panason
Not really. Looks fun, whatever it is. None of Behringer's synths are really full clones. The D and the Bro-One prototypes are close but neither have keyboards and are much smaller than the originals.
Luap
Panason wrote:
Not really. Looks fun, whatever it is. None of Behringer's synths are really full clones. The D and the Bro-One prototypes are close but neither have keyboards and are much smaller than the originals.

Good lord, really???
phats
Has anyone heard anything about the next os update? I thought I read somewhere it was expected July sometime.
pantalones
Any news?
mdiprima
I just received an email from perfect circuit from LA that they will process a refund from my order from 6 month ago since the company is 'basically out of business'.

What do you guys think?

Should I get a used one or just don't touch it because of no after sales service?
pantalones
mdiprima wrote:
I just received an email from perfect circuit from LA that they will process a refund from my order from 6 month ago since the company is 'basically out of business'.

What do you guys think?

Should I get a used one or just don't touch it because of no after sales service?

Get one, it's still the most amazing 303 i've ever owned and I have a 303 smile

Can you please paste the email PC sent you? I'd like to see the exact text.
mdiprima
pantalones

'The Vendor has been far unresponsive and has finally let us know they're basically out of business. I have cancelled this order for you - and issued a full refund.'
pantalones
mdiprima wrote:
pantalones

'The Vendor has been far unresponsive and has finally let us know they're basically out of business. I have cancelled this order for you - and issued a full refund.'

Thank you for sharing that. How sad. Still, get one.
Friends with Creepy
Damn that sucks. I've been trying to get in contact with that company for months now hoping to get one. Apparently that will never happen :(

Honestly why can't anyone, including roland, make a decent clone of the 303? lol.
ngarjuna
Unresponsive for extended periods...that does sound like Abstrakt. Though I wonder, last fall some folks who spoke to Brian reported another batch of Avalons (for which there still seems to be some demand) and a firmware update were still forthcoming; also that Abstrakt was working on "a new synth." Quite possible that things have changed since then but it also seems plausible that PC just got tired of dealing with Brian. I keep wondering: what does "basically" mean here? If he spoke to Brian then they either are or they aren't or it's not that simple...but "basically" doesn't really demystify anything.

Personally I have hope that said firmware update is coming but we've been waiting so long it's equally easy to believe it's not. Nothing in that update will be world changing for me though I'd welcome a working pattern chaining system (and high C, which I used to not care about...I really miss having that though I've never heard any indication that Brian planned on changing his mind...but this must be one of the most frequent complaints about the Avalon, not that there are many).

Assuming Abstrakt is no more: Is there anybody who is known to work on these things should a fault develop?
cake100
I spoke with him around a couple of years ago now, and he said they had a news synth that was in testing stage which had had positive feedback from those that had played it. It was also filter card enabled he said. He also said a drum machine was on the cards. Spoke with him for about 15 mins on synths and their new stuff. He was very passionate
There is also that gofundme (is it?) thing going on now.

I think the 'basically' shows PC are not 100% sure what is going on.
Panason
So... the only 303 clone maker currently still in business seems to be DINSync. I thought everyone wants a hardware 303. confused
Sir Ruff
Abstrakt is still in business if their kickstarter programs are anything to go by. No idea on the Avalon front though.
Abstrakt
Hi All,

Just to note we are still in business.
(We've been getting emails and calls yesterday and today asking in response to this thread!)
We have had major delays in the 4th Avalon production.
No disrespect towards Perfect Circuit, they have been great. It's simply been a very long time since we've had stock.
ngarjuna
Happy to hear. I'm still pondering a second, personally, I'm still over the moon with my Avalon however many years later.
mdiprima
Abstrakt

Thats great news! I placed the order with PC in September 2018. Can I directly order with you and whats your expected ETA?
Abstrakt
mdiprima wrote:
Abstrakt

Thats great news! I placed the order with PC in September 2018. Can I directly order with you and whats your expected ETA?
I don't want to promise an ETA as I don't know for sure. We don't put them up for order until they are in stock. Perfect Circuit (and SX Pro in UK) get the very first units (they both have a balance of units due) so may be best to keep order with PC.
Snook
Abstrakt wrote:
Hi All,

(We've been getting emails and calls yesterday and today asking in response to this thread!)
No disrespect towards Perfect Circuit, they have been great. It's simply been a very long time since we've had stock.

Great to know!
It's peanut butter jelly time!
Can you give us an update on repair requests (under warranty) and how long it may take to process those? (mine has had 2 fairly serious faults for most of the time I've owned it).

Thanks
scrunday
Snook wrote:
Abstrakt wrote:
Hi All,

Great to know!
Can you give us an update on repair requests (under warranty) and how long it may take to process those? (mine has had 2 fairly serious faults for most of the time I've owned it).

Thanks

Seconded! I have an outstanding warranty claim submitted via email that I hope gets a response at some point.
Abstrakt
Please send a PM and I will get it sorted.
We work on warranty repair units regularly and turnaround time is generally fast but can vary greatly depending on what's going on. I can respond with more details via PM.

Brian.

Snook wrote:
Abstrakt wrote:
Hi All,

Great to know!

Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 14 of 16