MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Abstrakt Instruments - Avalon Bassline
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Abstrakt Instruments - Avalon Bassline
sparks
Abstrakt wrote:
Hi All,

Just to note we are still in business.
(We've been getting emails and calls yesterday and today asking in response to this thread!)
We have had major delays in the 4th Avalon production.
No disrespect towards Perfect Circuit, they have been great. It's simply been a very long time since we've had stock.

Glad to hear it! Miley Cyrus
Snook
Hey Brian,

Thanks, much appreciated. I have sent you a PM outlining the 2 issues.

Abstrakt wrote:
Please send a PM and I will get it sorted.
We work on warranty repair units regularly and turnaround time is generally fast but can vary greatly depending on what's going on. I can respond with more details via PM.

Brian.

Snook wrote:
Abstrakt wrote:
Hi All,

Just to note we are still in business.
(We've been getting emails and calls yesterday and today asking in response to this thread!)
We have had major delays in the 4th Avalon production.
No disrespect towards Perfect Circuit, they have been great. It's simply been a very long time since we've had stock.

Great to know!
It's peanut butter jelly time!
Can you give us an update on repair requests (under warranty) and how long it may take to process those? (mine has had 2 fairly serious faults for most of the time I've owned it).

Thanks
Decurion99
Dear Brian

I hope you read this! Any chance to buy the Avalon Bassline in Europe?

When will new shipments be ready, if at all?

Many thanks for shedding some light into the availalibity!

Best
P.
Cedrik Ha
Great to know that there will be more avalon basslines in the near future smile But I'm also curious if retailers in the EU(schneiders?) will stock them again too?
anselmi
thanks god the company is in good shape!

Brian, I wrote you a mail some days ago
bimbom
Decurion99 wrote:
Dear Brian

I hope you read this! Any chance to buy the Avalon Bassline in Europe?

When will new shipments be ready, if at all?

Many thanks for shedding some light into the availalibity!

Best
P.

if you read the posts from Abstrakt on the previous page he comments on this.
vonbeak
Hey, I saw some more people having trouble with their resonance pot, mine is noisey/crackly too. It started after a year or so.

Some people got replacement parts from abstract instruments but their contact section on the website doesn't seem to be working..

Anyone knows how to get in contact with them or which potentiometer the unit needs so I can find a replacement myself?

Thanks!
geoffmar
Whatre the odds i can finally buy one? Been waiting for stock for about 8 months now.

Don't really want to have to settle for a TB-03 but i probably will if i can't find one of these in the next few months
maltemark
Anyone had any problems with a seemingly fucked VCA section issue on their Avalons? This is what happened to mine while unplugged for a few weeks...

I had good help from Avalon HQ a year back or so, when it turned out I had received a unit with a misaligned backside jumper PCB. I got an RMA, could send it to you, an got it back fixed promptly, and it has been working well (aside from OS 1.6 bugs) since then. Took like 3 months for initial response, but much appreciated the help when I got it.

However, as mentioned earlier, it now seems that there is a major problem with the unit. When turning it on last week, I only get the VCA on/off clicks from the headphone and main outs.

When plugging audio cables into the VCO outs, it seems to be working fine. The VCA direct out exhibits the same on/off clicking behaviour.

Switching between the internal filter and a two different filter cartridges doesn't make any difference to the situation.

Turn the VCA mod env depth and the vca decay knobs change the character of the on/off clicks, but still no VCO or filter sounds.

Turning up resonance to max and twiddling cutoff an other controls doesn't make any difference either.

Urgently requesting directions for what other tests I can help you with to provide diagnostics to the problem. It seems that there is something broken between VCO and VCF or from the VCF to the VCA?

I don't seem to make much headway on my own about this, so have tried the (I guess possibly futile) e-mail route us europeans have to use to try to get help with service... But want to know if this is a known issue
stalfosia
maltemark wrote:
Anyone had any problems with a seemingly fucked VCA section issue on their Avalons?

Yeah, I had this exact problem with my Avalon.
I never got a full explanation from Brian, but I had the same experience with the clicks... and VCO/VCF non-response.

I returned my Avalon to California (Brian) and it was fixed. It took a few months... but he got it back to 100% working condition.
I have since sold my Avalon, but the new owner hasn't complained. applause
maltemark
Avalon instruments got back to me, and since my Bassline was upgraded to a later PCB when I had it repaired the last time, they'll send a replacement VCA to see if socketing this one instead of the old one can fix the issue. Hopefully it will click less heavily than this one - I remember the vca being much cleaner (but still with some 303 noise) on the first revision Avalon I had repaired. Surprised at the quick turnaround in the reply!
heckadecimal69
Call me, Brian sad banana
DiscoDevil
Some of the LEDs on mine have started to flicker or go dark periodically. Anyone else experience this?
heckadecimal69
DiscoDevil wrote:
Some of the LEDs on mine have started to flicker or go dark periodically. Anyone else experience this?

Not here. Have you tried changing the dimness setting via the OS?
I have my blues turned all the way down and I can still see them burned into my retinas forever and ever amen.
DiscoDevil
heckadecimal69 wrote:
DiscoDevil wrote:

Not here. Have you tried changing the dimness setting via the OS?
I have my blues turned all the way down and I can still see them burned into my retinas forever and ever amen.

Yeah, I have them turned down. These just turn off completely or flicker here and there. It's sporadic. Sometimes works perfectly for days/weeks and then I'll look at it and all of the LEDs in the lower half of the machine will be off or some will blink in and out. Grrrr
anselmi
all this stories made me to not buy the avalon...a shame, because it´s looks like a great product, but I can´t deal with issues like this from my country
Abstrakt
DiscoDevil wrote:
Hi, this is not normal. are you talking about the step LED's or the other LED's (they're on separate interfaces)?
computer controlled
anselmi wrote:
all this stories made me to not buy the avalon...a shame, because it´s looks like a great product, but I can´t deal with issues like this from my country

The only issue i've had is the noisy reso pot, but that was fixed with some LPS-1.
Abstrakt
DiscoDevilHi,
I posted a reply on the thread. Let me know know details on what's going on with the LED's and I'll get it sorted.

Regards,
Brian Castro
Abstrakt Instruments
DiscoDevil
Abstrakt wrote:
DiscoDevilHi,
I posted a reply on the thread. Let me know know details on what's going on with the LED's and I'll get it sorted.

Regards,
Brian Castro
Abstrakt Instruments

Brian

I appreciate the response. I'll send you a PM with the details. Thanks!
rean1mator
So What's the story on the filter cartridges other than the ladder and SEM?

• R:OTA Low Pass Filter
The R:OTA filter is based on the classic Roland OTA design used in several of the classic SH and JP-series synths. Includes 12dB and 24dB Lowpass modes.
• 4075 Low Pass Filter
This filter is true to the design of the Arp 4075 low pass filter and includes 12dB & 24dB modes.
• Wasp Multimode Filter
An accurate surface mount version of the Wasp 12dB multimode

I've been on the look out for these forever and they just never pop up for sale new or used. wouldn't mind getting my hands on the wasp filter.
heckadecimal69
rean1mator wrote:
So What's the story on the filter cartridges other than the ladder and SEM?

• R:OTA Low Pass Filter
The R:OTA filter is based on the classic Roland OTA design used in several of the classic SH and JP-series synths. Includes 12dB and 24dB Lowpass modes.
• 4075 Low Pass Filter
This filter is true to the design of the Arp 4075 low pass filter and includes 12dB & 24dB modes.
• Wasp Multimode Filter
An accurate surface mount version of the Wasp 12dB multimode

I've been on the look out for these forever and they just never pop up for sale new or used. wouldn't mind getting my hands on the wasp filter.

Only the Ladder, R:OTA, and SEM are available so far. I've got them all. They're great, they're what you'd expect. Much different responses each, some real screeching resonance with the R:OTA and Ladder. SEM is my favorite with the BPF and HPF modes and I really just enjoy that filter sound. With the filter offset attenuverter for the filter frequency and/or tracking control on the Avalon, it really makes the voice quite modular and wide-ranging.
genetix
Im an idiot! While rearranging the studio I plugged the AKAI Force 19vAC cable into the AVALON and now it won't power on very frustrating

Could I have fried the unit or is there a fuse in the unit/PSU?

I appreciate any help in advance!
heckadecimal69
There is a fuse, earlier serial numbers had one that blew more often. Happened to me while using a power inverter in a motorhome d'oh!

Brian replaced it and threw in a spare in case. And newer Avalons have a better rated one.
efexx
Glad that Brian is active again. Love my Avalon. No problems so far.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 15 of 16