MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Abstrakt Instruments - Avalon Bassline
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Abstrakt Instruments - Avalon Bassline
xclark
oliverfenn wrote:
The updated target for shipping is June 15

sad
listentoaheartbeat
revtor wrote:
New Vid released by the man Brian Castro. Another to follow soon with more techie specs etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3SzyhPlYINw

~Steve


Well though-out feature additions, and I like the interface and housing. Definitely a top-contender if I happen to feel like spending money on a desktop synth some time in the future. I do patch up acid basslines on the modular quite frequently, so buying a dedicated 303 synth has definitely crossed my mind.
oliverfenn
anyone had shipping notice yet ?
thesnow
patience oh wiggling one Om
wwinfrey
Brian sent out the following message to pre-purchasers yesterday:

Quote:

This update is being sent to all customers who have pre-purchased the Avalon Synth. We've missed the revised June 15 target due to numerous circumstances. Today was an important milestone as the last issues with enclosures is finally resolved. We will have the parts on hand before the end of the week. The synths are still on hold for a few reasons:

Production Firmware: We're still finalizing the code. We need a few more days to fixed any bugs reported.
Power Supply Units: PSU's are late to port. They were scheduled to arrive by sea but haven't arrived yet. We don't have an exact date for arrival except to say they are already late. Status on these will be updated on the facebook page. We're currently doing FCC verification to qualify the synth w/ another locally sourced PSU as a backup plan in the case the parts are delayed longer than another 7-10 days.
The getting started manual was late and is just being proofed at this time. It'll be printed in the next few days.

We're reluctant to give another revised target as we're day-to-day right now but we have targeted July 8 as a final deadline as our worst case contingency plans will have units ready to ship by then. As soon as we get the enclosures in-house and start getting them boxed up we'll start sending out ship dates for each individual order.

We're still updating the facebook page with details and pics of progress so the state of completion is transparent.


I'm working on a live PA for a festival I'm playing at the end of August, and am currently working with my x0xi0, and the Avalon can't come soon enough. I love the envelopes on the x0xi0 but the sequencer is the pits.
After watching Brian demo the link between the sequencer and the utility envelope in the overview video, I had to change my pants. headbang
icosa
This thing looks great, and I've considering grabbing a 303 clone lately. It's just the price that's not quite there for me. If this was about $200 cheaper I'd be game. Totally understand where the cost is coming from however due to them sourcing local components. I'm on the fence. Post some videos folks!
Modulus
icosa wrote:
This thing looks great, and I've considering grabbing a 303 clone lately. It's just the price that's not quite there for me. If this was about $200 cheaper I'd be game. Totally understand where the cost is coming from however due to them sourcing local components. I'm on the fence. Post some videos folks!


Considering the price of a devilfish, I think this unit is very well priced. Not to mention that it can also be used as a very powerful sequencer to drive a modular. The best thing is that this is actually a real 303 not an xoxbox or clone. If u watch the design goals video, this unit can run with the original 303 chip and has the exact same components and power specs for half the price of the old tb303
sonicwarrior
Modulus wrote:
The best thing is that this is actually a real 303 not an xoxbox or clone. If u watch the design goals video, this unit can run with the original 303 chip and has the exact same components and power specs for half the price of the old tb303

Nope, it uses a BA6110 instead of a BA662 so it doesn't use the exact same components.
Modulus
sonicwarrior wrote:
Modulus wrote:
The best thing is that this is actually a real 303 not an xoxbox or clone. If u watch the design goals video, this unit can run with the original 303 chip and has the exact same components and power specs for half the price of the old tb303

Nope, it uses a BA6110 instead of a BA662 so it doesn't use the exact same components.


ok well I shouldn't have said exact and I'm not an expert at circuits or DIY but my impression and observation from the design goals video is that the Avalon is about as close to the original design as you can get without spending 2k on the original unit. Thanks for pointing that out though. Still very excited nonetheless!
icosa
I watched the design goals video. Impressive stuff, especially running it off the original 303 chip. All those CV outs really expand the possibilities.
Modulus
I got an update from Brian regarding the external clock in capabilities of the Avalon.

Quote:

External gate/clock is not implemented for release but is supported in hardware (using the gate in jack) and may be added in a future update.
You would have to clock to MIDI or DINSync directly or use a clock converter/divider together with the MIDI or DINSync input to successfully clock from a gate input. If you have a modular setup there's many options, if you are strictly standalone hardware the options are limited.

We've had several requests for an additional analog clock-in since the 1st prototypes went out so we designed it in hardware. We're a small team of four and very busy so I don't want to promise a software update but it'll probably happen sooner than later.
xclark
Modulus wrote:
I got an update from Brian regarding the external clock in capabilities of the Avalon.

Quote:

External gate/clock is not implemented for release but is supported in hardware (using the gate in jack) and may be added in a future update.
You would have to clock to MIDI or DINSync directly or use a clock converter/divider together with the MIDI or DINSync input to successfully clock from a gate input. If you have a modular setup there's many options, if you are strictly standalone hardware the options are limited.

We've had several requests for an additional analog clock-in since the 1st prototypes went out so we designed it in hardware. We're a small team of four and very busy so I don't want to promise a software update but it'll probably happen sooner than later.


wow, that is great news and pretty much the only thing I felt like the Avalon was lacking.
thesnow


[/img]
wwinfrey
Avalon Manual was just posted to Abstrakt Instruments' site.

They say they're sending out a shipping schedule for all pre-orders later today.
icosa
Anyone get a hold of one yet? Or are they still working out the kinks with production?
computer controlled
They are slowly starting to trickle out.
xclark
finally, they are making their way out into the world! here's the first couple clips I've found:





sounds great to me! hopefully mine will arrive this week! nanners
Abraxis
I've been getting pretty frustrated by the lack of communication on these and was thinking about canceling my pre order.

That second video though, mmm. Ill wait.
rockreid


You Tube video I just shot with quick iPhone upload. Quick beat put together driven by my brand new Cirklon I got just a few weeks ago. This is one great sounding 303 and so much more! The Mod controls offer so much more than a stock 303.
thesnow
sounding cool.
heckadecimal69
More please! Any of you get a filter cart?
I'm going to order mine tomorrow with the ladder filter cart.
icosa
Hmm sounding pretty damn good. Hopefully Abstrakt will post some official vids soon.
Abraxis
Nice demo.

VanEck
Abraxis wrote:
Nice demo.



Drunken Homer Simpson Drunken Homer Simpson Drunken Homer Simpson Drunken Homer Simpson Drunken Homer Simpson Drunken Homer Simpson Drunken Homer Simpson
geremyf
Man I want one of these!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 3 of 16
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group