MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY builders for hire
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author DIY builders for hire
sempervirent
Wanted to float the possibility of a thread for DIY builders who are up for building kits for others, doing custom commissions, etc.

Saw a thread from Waz offering services here and remembered the idea:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129782&sid=25ef0c7f1 9df75bc621028dd9f4c44d2

I know there's been some support for this in the past so please post if you want to see this as a sticky, or if you want to build stuff for people.

If you want to build, it's probably not necessary to fill the thread with photos of meticulous point-to-point wiring – just include some brief info about your experience, what formats you like to build in, your location, compensation, etc.
abelovesfun
I build mostly for myself but occasionally for others. My system is 5u, but I have built euro for others. I've been successful building MFOS, Barton, hexinverter, Motm, and CGS circuits.

Here is a link to some builds: http://www.suburbanheroinelectronics.com/blog/blog-full/

And more here:
http://www.suburbanheroinelectronics.com/shop/

Cheers
Altitude909
I've been building for about a decade now focusing mostly on complete devices (synths, drum machines, etc) but recently got into modulars. I have no problem designing cases, cnc designs, laser cutting, whatever... Been doing commision builds for about 4 years

Gallery of my some of my MI builds: http://misw.us/

Out of USA, Michigan
Neutron7
As a maker of a board and panel (orgone accumulator) I am very happy if builders build for non-bulders so they can have a product they could not otherwise not have. i could never build and sell modules myself and still work on new things.
Pfurmel
Good idea. I'm happy to build for non-builders. I am based in Ireland, have a degree in electronics engineering and have been building and repairing synth related gear since '09.

If you look at the facebook link below, there are lots of examples of my work. I can do everything from kits to completely customised panels, enclosures and circuit design.
I can etch both pcb's and panels and I can layout pcb's and get a production run, if required.

It might be worth posting this in the general forum as more people not into diy will see it.

( updated a few details since people asked.)
Drakhe
Not a builder myself, but might need one at some point, so here's a sugestion to builders for hire: do add your location as most folks looking to hire would most likely prefer folks local to where they live. Makes sence to keep transportation costs down, but it's also tons easier to have a guy close by should there be a need to adjust or repair stuff.
beeedy
I am currently finishing up a degree in electrical engineering and have done a few commissioned builds and my entire system is DIY (either from schematics, bought boards, or my own complete designs) so I have seen or done just about all of it. I am comfortable doing analog, digital, and software design and would be interested in doing custom designed implementing any/all of these for anyone needed.

Getting down to it, cost is not a huge thing for me as I just enjoy building and helping fellow wiggles out. Most likely I will offer my service for free if I am already building the module you desire (this is highly unlikely timing wise!) but I am extremely flexible and willing to even do parts/module for service trade.

I am someone that is extremely obsessive over perfection and have access to high end lab equipment so all modules I build are tested and calibrated to high standards.

I am located in the US but have done work for people over seas so am not afraid of international shipping as long as you are willing to pay for shipping!

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I can supply examples of my work of interests, I have built multiple Orgon modules, nearly all of MFOs, nearly all of hexinverter, sprinklings of CGS, and some mutable modules(Among many many more that escape meat the moment)! I really like the idea of this thread being stickied to help those that may not be confident enough in their DIY skills to get access to modules only available as schematics or boards!
beeedy
*Sigh* double post d'oh!
horstronic
Great idea!
I've built a lot of eurorack modules for fellow wigglers all over europe and I would be very happy to gain some new customers! If you search for my username, you should find some feedback about my work.
I'm located in Mannheim, Germany.
Here's a list of modules that I've built over the past few months:

ALM SID GUTS
FC X-Envelope
FC Vogue VCF
fonitronik Controller LFO
fonitronik mh-21 Triple Vactrol Resonators
fonitronik X-4046 VCO
fonitronik 555 VCO
L-1 Quad VCA/Mixer
MA CVP
MA CP3
MA Mixer
MA SVVCF
MT Spring Reverb
MT Turing Machine incl. expanders
MI CVPal
Neutron Sound Orgone Accumulator
RYO Optodist
Synthrotek EKO
Thomas White Quad LPG

I'm pretty sure I forgot about a few.
I'm not restricted to kits, so if you need custom stuff, just ask me.

Edit: Added a few...
rosch
I've built some stuff for others and have had mostly good experiences. Only one time i had to deal with a true asshole prefab Jerk and that's been the case that has ruined the fun for me.

So in future I will make sure if I sell something it will go to a DIYer, and no commission work at all. Have better things to do.

Can't do it? Can't be bothered to learn it? Tough luck. Try Behringer.
valis
Greetings!

I'm located in the US. I build mostly Buchla format modules but I build some MOTM as well. I've built just about every Roman module there is for fellow wigglers. I've also modified many modules to work in a Buchla format. I use good components and give all boards a nice wash. I've had lots of positive feedback!

sempervirent
Nice one valis I almost sent you a PM about a Buchla 216r build but ended up passing it on.

Any other builders for hire out there?
Zergon
I've built eurorack modules, shruthi, etc., I can make some stuff for the people. Located in Slovenia.

Here are some pics: http://zergon.org/
a.b.o.z.
I also build for others, mostly guitar pedals and synth stuff also. Located in Croatia, happily waiting for orders. Cheers!
freestatefx
Services Free State FX currenly provides:

- Module Assembly (MU, MOTM, eurorack, 4U)
- Panel Design and Silk Screening
- PCB Design
- Circuit Design/Modification

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority! Same day reply on all assembly quotes. Free State FX is a full time business not a part time hobby. Hundreds of satisfied customers worldwide.

Contact Jason Fry at freestatefx@gmail.com
For pictures of our latest efforts please visit http://instagram.com/freestatefx
Peake
I'm in LA and will build Roman Buchla clones. I also build on order the Buchla 100 series modules I've made available on my blog, ebolatone.blogspot.com.
elmegil
I'm in Chicago and I'll build just about anything.

I've done several builds for Synthcube, including a few Euro Klees. I've built Shruthi, x0xb0x, various MFOS items, several 5U and Euro modules. My last build was the attached Soundlab Ultimate (including the case), and I have a Soundlab MkII in progress right now.

I've also built a TTSH rev 1, have another to build for someone, and will be building a rev 2 soon as well.
tojpeters
I build lots of Serge panels and can build anything you like.
I do custom panels also.
I use very high quality parts,lots of orange drop and mica caps,5$ op amps where it is useful.
Many mods available for most panels.
Years of experience.
Tube stuff,Hammonds and Rhodes refurbishing and mods.
I can make your Hammond control your synth also with 1v/oct,gate,and trigger out.
References available.
Jon Peters
Mount Shasta,CA
IvanC
I love to build for myself but never seem to have the time. Twice I've commissioned people to build for me; once a handful of MOTM kits, the other time a Sequentix P3. I knew of both the individual's work whom I used so I was happy with the results. I'm VERY picky about how things are done so it has to be someone I trust.

Like a lot of people, by the time I have money for the fun toys, I never seem to have the time. So it is likely I'll commission someone to do this work again. Although I do have a couple of kits laying around that I really want to put together one of these days.
regularjackson
I've built a lot of Buchla format modules and some euro stuff. If anybody's looking to get something built in Vancouver, or i guess anywhere in Canada to avoid shipping over the border, we can talk about it. Can send pictures and ref's.
makers
I'll also build Eurorack modules for folks. I've built the following and have sold many of them with-out complaint.

Music Thing Modular Radio Music, Spring and Turing Machines
Moogah SEM
Thomas White Resonant Low Pass Gate
Ardcore
Serge Resonant Filter
SID Guts
258j
Manahatten Analog CVP, CP3 and VCA
Orbitals
RYO Optodist, VC Sequencer and Trig
Frequency Central System X envelope, Waverunner and Ultrawave
L1 Tube VCA
Steffcorp VCF2612
Tolex covered portable cases
lintfresh
Located in Seattle, Wa, USA

I love building synths and have been doing it for a few years now for many happy customers. Years of professional soldering/assembly/wiring experience before that.

I mostly build in Euro and Serge formats but can do others on request. I've done a fair amount of standalone unit building too. Several TTSH's, Ciat-Lombarde circuits, tons of Euro, Serge/CGS panels, etc, etc...

Some pics here:
http://cargocollective.com/paurlwalsh/CUSTOM-SYNTHS

All builds are guaranteed 100%! If anything breaks for as long as you own it, I'll fix it for free.
b-art
Format: Eurorack
Experience: Intermediate
CV: Resonant Equalizer MKII, Mutant Bassdrum, Mutant Hihats, Mutant Clap, 4MS Quad Pingable LFO, Barton Cv Divider, Barton Analog Drum, Custom Designed 16x8 passive OR Matrix. Custom Designed 4 channel Stereo Mixer (using 2 serge mixer PCB's) and a lot of Multiples grin

Short introduction:

Hi, my name is Bart and i am located in The Netherlands. I am a student at MODLAB which is a soldering workshop / course located in my hometown. I am not a hardcore experienced DIY'r and i have only intermediate knowledge about electronics. However this does not mean i am not fully skilled to solder Eurorack modules! As you can see above i have done plenty of projects already and they all went smooth, fast and without any problems. This is thanks to the wonderful and skilled teachers at MODLAB!

Only recently have i started soldering for others and i am doing so with utmost care and focus. I am cheap tho motivated! My services come with full guarantee and customer care! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need advice about DIY'ing Eurorack modules.

Thanks! thumbs up
appliancide
Edit: not really building for others anymore

You can find more of my work at appliancide.blogspot.com

Moog$FooL$
hey.

i can build & repair a lot of stuff....... right now i do work for a music shop in town & also for others.

amps, pedals, synths & of course modules.

many years experience.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8