MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY builders for hire
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY builders for hire
sempervirent
Wanted to float the possibility of a thread for DIY builders who are up for building kits for others, doing custom commissions, etc.

Saw a thread from Waz offering services here and remembered the idea:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129782&sid=25ef0c7f1 9df75bc621028dd9f4c44d2

I know there's been some support for this in the past so please post if you want to see this as a sticky, or if you want to build stuff for people.

If you want to build, it's probably not necessary to fill the thread with photos of meticulous point-to-point wiring – just include some brief info about your experience, what formats you like to build in, your location, compensation, etc.
abelovesfun
I build mostly for myself but occasionally for others. My system is 5u, but I have built euro for others. I've been successful building MFOS, Barton, hexinverter, Motm, and CGS circuits.

Here is a link to some builds: http://www.suburbanheroinelectronics.com/blog/blog-full/

And more here:
http://www.suburbanheroinelectronics.com/shop/

Cheers
Altitude909
I've been building for about a decade now focusing mostly on complete devices (synths, drum machines, etc) but recently got into modulars. I have no problem designing cases, cnc designs, laser cutting, whatever... Been doing commision builds for about 4 years

Gallery of my some of my MI builds: http://misw.us/

Out of USA, Michigan
Neutron7
As a maker of a board and panel (orgone accumulator) I am very happy if builders build for non-bulders so they can have a product they could not otherwise not have. i could never build and sell modules myself and still work on new things.
Pfurmel
Good idea. I'm happy to build for non-builders. I am based in Ireland, have a degree in electronics engineering and have been building and repairing synth related gear since '09.

If you look at the facebook link below, there are lots of examples of my work. I can do everything from kits to completely customised panels, enclosures and circuit design.
I can etch both pcb's and panels and I can layout pcb's and get a production run, if required.

It might be worth posting this in the general forum as more people not into diy will see it.

( updated a few details since people asked.)
Drakhe
Not a builder myself, but might need one at some point, so here's a sugestion to builders for hire: do add your location as most folks looking to hire would most likely prefer folks local to where they live. Makes sence to keep transportation costs down, but it's also tons easier to have a guy close by should there be a need to adjust or repair stuff.
beeedy
I am currently finishing up a degree in electrical engineering and have done a few commissioned builds and my entire system is DIY (either from schematics, bought boards, or my own complete designs) so I have seen or done just about all of it. I am comfortable doing analog, digital, and software design and would be interested in doing custom designed implementing any/all of these for anyone needed.

Getting down to it, cost is not a huge thing for me as I just enjoy building and helping fellow wiggles out. Most likely I will offer my service for free if I am already building the module you desire (this is highly unlikely timing wise!) but I am extremely flexible and willing to even do parts/module for service trade.

I am someone that is extremely obsessive over perfection and have access to high end lab equipment so all modules I build are tested and calibrated to high standards.

I am located in the US but have done work for people over seas so am not afraid of international shipping as long as you are willing to pay for shipping!

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I can supply examples of my work of interests, I have built multiple Orgon modules, nearly all of MFOs, nearly all of hexinverter, sprinklings of CGS, and some mutable modules(Among many many more that escape meat the moment)! I really like the idea of this thread being stickied to help those that may not be confident enough in their DIY skills to get access to modules only available as schematics or boards!
beeedy
*Sigh* double post d'oh!
horstronic
Great idea!
I've built a lot of eurorack modules for fellow wigglers all over europe and I would be very happy to gain some new customers! If you search for my username, you should find some feedback about my work.
I'm located in Mannheim, Germany.
Here's a list of modules that I've built over the past few months:

ALM SID GUTS
FC X-Envelope
FC Vogue VCF
fonitronik Controller LFO
fonitronik mh-21 Triple Vactrol Resonators
fonitronik X-4046 VCO
fonitronik 555 VCO
L-1 Quad VCA/Mixer
MA CVP
MA CP3
MA Mixer
MA SVVCF
MT Spring Reverb
MT Turing Machine incl. expanders
MI CVPal
Neutron Sound Orgone Accumulator
RYO Optodist
Synthrotek EKO
Thomas White Quad LPG

I'm pretty sure I forgot about a few.
I'm not restricted to kits, so if you need custom stuff, just ask me.

Edit: Added a few...
rosch
I've built some stuff for others and have had mostly good experiences. Only one time i had to deal with a true asshole prefab Jerk and that's been the case that has ruined the fun for me.

So in future I will make sure if I sell something it will go to a DIYer, and no commission work at all. Have better things to do.

Can't do it? Can't be bothered to learn it? Tough luck. Try Behringer.
valis
Greetings!

I'm located in the US. I build mostly Buchla format modules but I build some MOTM as well. I've built just about every Roman module there is for fellow wigglers. I've also modified many modules to work in a Buchla format. I use good components and give all boards a nice wash. I've had lots of positive feedback!

sempervirent
Nice one valis I almost sent you a PM about a Buchla 216r build but ended up passing it on.

Any other builders for hire out there?
Zergon
I've built eurorack modules, shruthi, etc., I can make some stuff for the people. Located in Slovenia.

Here are some pics: http://zergon.org/
a.b.o.z.
I also build for others, mostly guitar pedals and synth stuff also. Located in Croatia, happily waiting for orders. Cheers!
freestatefx
Services:

- Module Assembly (MU, MOTM, eurorack, 4U)
- Panel Design and Silk Screening
- PCB Design

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority! Free State FX is a full time business not a part time hobby. Hundreds of satisfied customers worldwide.

Contact Jason Fry at freestatefx@gmail.com
For pictures of our latest efforts please visit http://instagram.com/freestatefx
Peake
I'm in LA and will build Roman Buchla clones. I also build on order the Buchla 100 series modules I've made available on my blog, ebolatone.blogspot.com.
elmegil
I'm in Chicago and I'll build just about anything.

I've done several builds for Synthcube, including a few Euro Klees. I've built Shruthi, x0xb0x, various MFOS items, several 5U and Euro modules. My last build was the attached Soundlab Ultimate (including the case), and I have a Soundlab MkII in progress right now.

I've also built a TTSH rev 1, have another to build for someone, and will be building a rev 2 soon as well.
tojpeters
I build lots of Serge panels and can build anything you like.
I do custom panels also.
I use very high quality parts,lots of orange drop and mica caps,5$ op amps where it is useful.
Many mods available for most panels.
Years of experience.
Tube stuff,Hammonds and Rhodes refurbishing and mods.
I can make your Hammond control your synth also with 1v/oct,gate,and trigger out.
References available.
Jon Peters
Mount Shasta,CA
IvanC
I love to build for myself but never seem to have the time. Twice I've commissioned people to build for me; once a handful of MOTM kits, the other time a Sequentix P3. I knew of both the individual's work whom I used so I was happy with the results. I'm VERY picky about how things are done so it has to be someone I trust.

Like a lot of people, by the time I have money for the fun toys, I never seem to have the time. So it is likely I'll commission someone to do this work again. Although I do have a couple of kits laying around that I really want to put together one of these days.
regularjackson
I've built a lot of Buchla format modules and some euro stuff. If anybody's looking to get something built in Vancouver, or i guess anywhere in Canada to avoid shipping over the border, we can talk about it. Can send pictures and ref's.
makers
I'll also build Eurorack modules for folks. I've built the following and have sold many of them with-out complaint.

Music Thing Modular Radio Music, Spring and Turing Machines
Moogah SEM
Thomas White Resonant Low Pass Gate
Ardcore
Serge Resonant Filter
SID Guts
258j
Manahatten Analog CVP, CP3 and VCA
Orbitals
RYO Optodist, VC Sequencer and Trig
Frequency Central System X envelope, Waverunner and Ultrawave
L1 Tube VCA
Steffcorp VCF2612
Tolex covered portable cases
lintfresh
Located in Seattle, Wa, USA

I love building synths and have been doing it for a few years now for many happy customers. Years of professional soldering/assembly/wiring experience before that.

I mostly build in Euro and Serge formats but can do others on request. I've done a fair amount of standalone unit building too. Several TTSH's, Ciat-Lombarde circuits, tons of Euro, Serge/CGS panels, etc, etc...

Some pics here:
http://cargocollective.com/paurlwalsh/CUSTOM-SYNTHS

All builds are guaranteed 100%! If anything breaks for as long as you own it, I'll fix it for free.
b-art
Format: Eurorack
Experience: Intermediate
CV: Resonant Equalizer MKII, Mutant Bassdrum, Mutant Hihats, Mutant Clap, 4MS Quad Pingable LFO, Barton Cv Divider, Barton Analog Drum, Custom Designed 16x8 passive OR Matrix. Custom Designed 4 channel Stereo Mixer (using 2 serge mixer PCB's) and a lot of Multiples grin

Short introduction:

Hi, my name is Bart and i am located in The Netherlands. I am a student at MODLAB which is a soldering workshop / course located in my hometown. I am not a hardcore experienced DIY'r and i have only intermediate knowledge about electronics. However this does not mean i am not fully skilled to solder Eurorack modules! As you can see above i have done plenty of projects already and they all went smooth, fast and without any problems. This is thanks to the wonderful and skilled teachers at MODLAB!

Only recently have i started soldering for others and i am doing so with utmost care and focus. I am cheap tho motivated! My services come with full guarantee and customer care! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need advice about DIY'ing Eurorack modules.

Thanks! thumbs up
appliancide
Edit: not really building for others anymore

You can find more of my work at appliancide.blogspot.com

Moog$FooL$
hey.

i can build & repair a lot of stuff....... right now i do work for a music shop in town & also for others.

amps, pedals, synths & of course modules.

many years experience.
Don T
Well, I guess I'll hang out my shingle also...

I live in the Atlanta, GA area, and I'll gladly take on building jobs. I have worked as a repair tech at Audio Atlanta, and Modular Electronics (an authorized Bang & Olufsen Service Center).

Some examples of things recently finished, or in progress:

A Korg PolySix replacement CPU Board, built, tested, and calibrated:

One of Roman's 266 S.O.U. boards (in progress), and my Moog transistor matcher:

And a Topobrillo Buchla dual 281 board, ready to be wired to the panel and tested, and two ARP 2600 modules, 4019 and 4020. The two ARP modules are completely built from scratch. I redrew the board art based on the original drawings, etched, drilled, and stuffed the boards by hand. I have most of the rest of the 2600 built as well:

And the built-from-scratch control panel for my Minimoog clone. 1/3 of the knobs and all the slide switch covers I made myself from casting resin. The panel overlay I had printed at Kinko's:

Rates vary by how polite you are, and how many spare parts you have that I need! 8_)
qp
What started as a way to buy more gear has turned into a company.

Also, I'm resurrecting Shruthi (and eventually Ambika). I'll be selling PCBs, preprogrammed chips and cases. Hoping to have everything ready in a couple weeks.

Plus some DIY eurorack modules coming and an extensive Werkstatt Mod DIY kit.

Check it here: Laurentide SynthWorks
mattrick
Oh hello. I'm an experienced builder in New Mexico. I have a degree in Musical Instrument Technology and building synths is my full time occupation. Many satisfied customers and my work is guaranteed.

You can see photos of my work, and examples of pricing of finished modules at http://www.sanpedrolabs.com
davebr
I've done electronics repairs and restorations all my life but once I retired from Tektronix I started doing more as requested. I also restore vintage Tektronix equipment at the vintageTEK Museum. I get vintage electronics and synths from all over the world although my most fun restoration was a three cabinet circa 1968 Moog synth. I've done a number of Aries module repairs and I've been asked to do 5U and Eurorack builds, finish builds that were beyond the skills of the individual, and lately have been doing a lot of Buchla module builds.

I consider this a hobby so only like to do it part time but do have a business. I also help people troubleshoot via email and have half a dozen people at any one time on email conversations. I tend to document my repairs and builds on my ModularSynthesis website to aid others.

This photo is one of my favorite disasters that somebody sent me to restore.

Dave

LektroiD
Happy to build for non-builders. I'm based in the UK.

Of course the fee would be dependent on the complexity of the project
Paul Aner
Hello Everybody,

I am based in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and I am happy to offer a build service, worldwide if needed.

I can build kits provided by you, I can buy kits on your behalf, or start from bare PCBs, source the components and deliver the finished product to you.

This not only applies to Eurorack modules, but also to any other kind of analog (or hybrid, as far as I'm concerned) synthesizer, the likes of Mutable Instruments, etc.

Rates are of course based on the amount of work needed. For building a kit provided by you I would charge EUR 25.00 per hour - This is based on standard, through-hole mounting kits/parts.
For sourcing all parts and components, etc., the fees will be higher, based on the project.

Of course, feel free to send me a private message for any further information you might need, rates and quotes and expected delivery time (and delivery costs).

Cheers!
ThecureForSin
I'm almost always willing to build if anyone needs it; especially if it's something I don't have (gives me an excuse to build one for me at the same time screaming goo yo ).

Kits, PCB/Panel, or just PCB are all fine. Either mail them to me or I can just order them directly.

Feel free to drop me a PM.
Poldenstein
I am based in north of Italy and willing to build for hire (ship worldwide).
Not exactly an expert, as my portfolio consists just of 15 euro builds (all successful - a few didn't work at first power up, but all got troubleshoot).
I have an oscilloscope and an Ersa I-con pico digital soldering station, and can be backed up by some clever EE mind if need arise. I can source parts.
Seen that I'm starting out, will apply a discount fee.
PM if interested.
tubehead
I'm in NE OH and have been building + designing synths and other audio electronics for over 15 years. By day I'm an aerospace electronics designer but audio is what I like to do most. LMK what you have going on...
Mindarp
I'm going to go ahead and Shanghai this thread for a moment to give super props to "Waz", who build for me my xoxheart plus pacemaker, and an MA discrete filter.
I found myself in the middle of a move and had no time (and limited skills) to complete these two babies. So I sent them to Waz.
He was totally professional, his rates were totally reasonable, and his communication was superb. This last point really impressed me. He kept me informed as to where he was in the project. And solved a few issues that presented themselves along the way.
Before shipping my completed modules home, he sent me videos of him putting them through their paces so that I could see that they were functioning as described.
10 out of 10.

Thank you Waz.
raccoonboy
Any guys in Glasgow, Scotland? or anywhere nearby?
Paul Aner
raccoonboy wrote:

If The Netherlands is not nearby hihi I think somebody from UK already posted in this thread?
Do you want to meet your builder in person?
cleaninglady
I'm based in Melbourne , Australia.

I'm up for Builds in Euro , Serge or Buchla formats.

Have built 8 panels of Serge format stuff , many dozens of Euro modules (including the Source of Uncertainty) and have done a AC-423 boat full of Buchla.

I also do general repairs and Mods to Synths , Modular Synths , Drum Machines and Modules.

PM me or hit me up here :

https://www.facebook.com/undeadsynthrepairs?ref=hl
raccoonboy
Paul Aner wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:

If The Netherlands is not nearby hihi I think somebody from UK already posted in this thread?
Do you want to meet your builder in person?

Yes. In person. Found some folk though got a PM grin
Waz
I would like to offer my services for DIY and troubleshooting/repair of gear and DIY projects. I am based in Detroit, but I ship worldwide. My rate is $25 per hour of work. I also charge a one time flat fee of $25 for sourcing projects (basically one hour's worth of work). I focus on Eurorack DIY, but have experience with other formats (MU, 5u). I also have experience in recapping high-end studio mixers and SMD soldering.

Send me an email;
waz.synth@gmail.com

I have a vast assortment of pictures showcasing all of my projects. I can show them to anyone upon request.
Skimmo
I'm giving a very positive reference for Waz's service. He built an Orgone Accumulator for me just a couple of weeks ago.

Pro-quality in all respects: prompt and responsive communication, frequent build status updates, provided a working proof video before shipping finished module, and ships finished product in a thoroughly packed box. Waz even got the BOM together in the beginning. Highly recommended thumbs up
ronski
Happy to build for needy people wink

I've build about 15 modules now (all worked at first startup)
(plus some MFOS stuff, guitar pedals and the too big thing on my profile pic)
I can source parts if needed.

Living in London

Ronnie
crsynths
Hey everybody, I was a synth builder most active from 2008-2011, and I've constructed tons of MFOS synths - including soundlabs, wsgs, soundlab ultimates, 16 step and 10 step sequencers, and full modular systems. I do my own enclosure construction and woodworking. Prices reasonable.
http://www.crsynths.bigcartel.com
LektroiD
Been working in PCB assembly since 1989. Neat and tidy work, clean soldering.

Happy to do both through hole and SMD assembly. I don't print panels or make cabinets, but if they are provided, I can assemble.

I have built both 5U and Eurorack systems for my personal use.

Based in Scotland, UK.

boops
I build ,repair for french musician and Europe.
I ve done Complete restoration of obx 8 voices,memorymoog,cs 50,Arp odyssey jupiter 4 ,ms20 ,SH 101 ..etc
All the the 200 r buchla cloned done.
9090/xoxbox brian Castro/Mb 6582 etc

Build a 296 r

Daughter boards

SOLDER THE MÃLE CONNECTORS BEFORE SLIDERS...

15 mm high

Led not too high

CLEAN AND GLASS !!!!!

The 296 of my son ,3 years old ...fun.

GraeT
Based in Melbourne Australia

Have been building DIY modular since 2007 - MFOS, Elby, CGS/Serge, 4ms, TTSH, etc

Also do woodwork for cases

Willing to build for others

PM me thumbs up
samuraipizzacat29
Oh, yeah, I do this too.

Would much prefer to build custom rigs than in a specific format.

Eastern PA, USA.

any method of contact is acceptable.
julian
Available for: Kit assembly work / Panels
Not available for: Badly put together kits, needing parts sourced, etc.

Basically, assembly work / calibration etc. is one thing at one rate, whilst a board, a load of random bits, and half a schematic....

This i would count more as development. I'm not your man for this, at this point in time, I'm afraid.

(best to be clear from the outset, even if it does make me seem unwilling!)

Portfolio:

etc.

(youve seen it all before)
mikecameron
Somehow I missed this thread entirely until I saw it mentioned.

I am happy to build for people. I have assembled a good majority of the projects that have come through here the past few years, as well as doing assembly for STG Soundlabs and now, Synthcube. I have built hundreds of modules in Euro and MU.
andrewwalnycki
Hi, i'm not sure this is the best place to post this but I'm after a ' 5+5 pin 0.1 inch Power Header' like the one in the image, dose anyone who where I can get one from?[/img]
sduck
Wrong thread - you want that in the Parts trade thread
cutterfiltoff
Hey friends!

I'm happy to build out any kit you'd like. I even have access to a CNC machine for making custom faceplates and enclosures.

As a former builder at Malekko, I've built more than 1000 modules and pedals. I love soldering, and my rates are very reasonable! Don't hesitate to PM me with any questions or ideas. SlayerBadger!
midirobot
ciao,
active d.i.y builder here,if you need something let me know,
i would be glad to help you !
located in Italy.

list of succesfully builded project:

mutant drums
turing machine
shruthi (all of them) also xt
midibox gm 5x5x5
cvpal
peaks
4ms Rcd
and many others:)

feel free to leave me a mail.

see ya
adnauseam
Hey there,

I'm a builder in Canada. I can solder together full kits that you've bought at a reasonable rate. I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba and have soldered about a dozen kits or more with lots of non-kit DIY on my horizon.

So far I put together a Music Thing Radio Music for a fellow wiggler as my first DIY build for another.

epwhorl@gmail.com
cleaninglady
I'm based in Melbourne AU.

I've built :

TTSH and modded it.
MI stuff : Ambika and Anushri
8 x Panels of DIY Serge/CGS.
Dozens of Different Euro Modules : Roman, L-1, J3RK,MA etc
DIY Buchla modules.

I service, repair (and Mod) Analog Synths and Drum Machines too.
SMD repairs not a problem.
PM me for quotes.
References available. thumbs up
neilbaldwin
I can build pretty much anything:

- Euro from kit or boards, pre-existing panels or panel design and manufacture
- Same for Serge and Buchla: loads of Serge experience
- Studio/outboard gear: compressors, processors etc.
- Tons of standalone synths: built my 16th Ambika last week!
- Some repair work undertaken but it's not something I'm keen on doing
- Acrylic panel/enclosure design and manufacture - I have my own laser cutter with a 600 x 300mm bed

Based in the UK but have worldwide clients. Years of experience, plenty of reference available. All of my work has a 12 month workmanship warranty.

http://marmotaudio.co.uk or find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/marmotaudio
tonymatte
I think this is a brilliant idea.

I've built several kits, as well as sourced parts for pcbs, all with success. I'd be happy to build for other people looking to save some money, but can't build themselves!
Ambriant
I've been building my own 5U modules. I have started etching my own pcbs. Lots of YuSynth modules. Single sided pcb traces on YuSynth site have been most useful and generous to have been shared. I'd be open to build for others. Here's my projects portfolio. I'm open to new projects or designs as well.

I'm in NorCal.

Projects
cane creek
I'm curious how much builders charge ?, just wondering if its worth my while throwing my hat into the ring.
elmegil
I think that's wildly variable, not only from builder to builder, but also project to project. I typically will quote a price to a prospect based on the scope of the project. One module? Relatively cheap. A system? An enclosure? Something by Ray Wilson that will take a lot of effor to wire? ;-) More expensive.....

I would suggest deciding what your time is worth, throw your hat out there, and if nobody will pay you that, don't sweat it; if too many do, raise your rate smile.

(note that my tongue is a tiny bit in my cheek there).
Edenmononym
If anyone needs a build please PM; Recently resigned from bemi, I have some extra time This is fun!

Being said in all humbleness, some experience branches from testing/assembly of amazing electronic instruments - designed by the genius Don Buchla.

With open arms for more projects, I am available for diversities ranging from software demos, sound design, programming, recording services, and much more.
snaper
I can help anybody in Hungary if interested.
alsosprach
Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone who could help me design the PCB of a simple project. Please PM for details.

Thank you.
fragletrollet
Hello!

I built a Mutron Quadriphase a while back, based on the Bareille pcb`s (http://m.bareille.free.fr/biphase/biphase.htm).

I got the LFO board and one of the phaser boards working. On the last phaser pcb, I can only get one half working (and it works just as it should). The second stage is dead silent.

Anybody up for some service-work? I thought I could send you the board to have a look at. 6 vactrols makes it hard to give up!
Hazium
I have some DiY projects that I have hit a wall with and am wondering if anyone would be up trouble-shooting them for me and possibly give some feedback/advice on how to fix them. I'm willing to pay of course.

The two units in question:
Erica Synth Wogglebug
Synthrotech Echo

Edit: I'm in the US.
the bad producer
Where are you based Hazium?
elmegil
same question from the opposite side of the pond, where are you at?
lcf
Deleted.
fragletrollet
Nobody up for a challenge? cry
Altitude909
I think there should be s distinction between builders and repair-ers, I've taken the "please fix my fucked up DIY project" job before and as a wont ever do it again. The time it took to track down all the mistakes and problems came to 3x the time it would have taken to build it from scratch, thanks but no thanks.
samuraipizzacat29
^ what he said. I will PURCHASE your mistakes from you, usually for slightly less than the cost of parts.

If you're in the DIY forum, chances are you're cheap (like me) and won't want to pay for the cost of the repair. If you can not fix it yourself, it might be best to just move on. The cost of the repair and shipping both ways is highly unlikely to be worth it for a diy endeavor
fragletrollet
I totally see your point. Ironically, after reading your response, I went over the PCB one "last" time before considering salvaging it for the parts; and there was an un-soldered point. My Quadriphase is now fully functional we're not worthy applause nanners
davebr
fragletrollet wrote:
I totally see your point. Ironically, after reading your response, I went over the PCB one "last" time before considering salvaging it for the parts; and there was an un-soldered point. My Quadriphase is now fully functional we're not worthy applause nanners

I find that on 70% of the DIY I repair it is unsoldered pins that are the issue. I tell people to use a magnifying glass and look at each and every pin. They send the board to me and I find the unsoldered pins and solder them. Washing a PCB helps greatly to find bridges and shorts that hide in the flux. The next biggest issue is using the wrong size capacitors and resistors on a single sided PCB. Without the component firmly on the PCB surface the runs below will lift and crack. I fix a lot of CGS boards with the wrong size resistors. Too large of parts also hide links, jumpers, and other parts that are missing but not visible. It is very rare that I replace and actual part on a DIY project.

Glad you found it.

Dave
plugugly
fragletrollet wrote:

Troubleshooting is a skill set that has to be developed, often through dumb luck. Congrats on the success, and many more.
negativspace
And often the best troubleshooting tool is a second pair of eyes. (Even if they're internet "eyes.")
warnton
looking for someone in Vienna, Austria, to help me out with different DIY projects... anybody around?? thanks
warnton
really nobody??
negativspace
davebr wrote:

I find that on 70% of the DIY I repair it is unsoldered pins that are the issue. I tell people to use a magnifying glass and look at each and every pin.

Every single board I build, when I think I'm done, I hold it up to my desk light and check for any "leaks" that shouldn't be there. Usually that reveals any unsoldered pins.

70% seems high, I've only ever done that a couple times among the thousands of PCBs I build. Managed to send a unit to a customer a couple months ago with one, though... the lead was jammed into the hole enough that the module even passed calibration and testing, but clearly wiggled loose in transit as it was delivered DOA.
warnton
o.k. more specific request. anyone would build me a TKB with minijacks??
(PJ3410 jacks was mentioned to me by davidh)

there is his build blog (in french)
http://www.infinitesimal.eu/synth/article79/serge-tkb-hc

thanks
Jarno
negativspace wrote:
davebr wrote:

I find that on 70% of the DIY I repair it is unsoldered pins that are the issue. I tell people to use a magnifying glass and look at each and every pin.

Every single board I build, when I think I'm done, I hold it up to my desk light and check for any "leaks" that shouldn't be there. Usually that reveals any unsoldered pins.

70% seems high, I've only ever done that a couple times among the thousands of PCBs I build. Managed to send a unit to a customer a couple months ago with one, though... the lead was jammed into the hole enough that the module even passed calibration and testing, but clearly wiggled loose in transit as it was delivered DOA.

I had a recent case, a layout I did for the Fritz 5-pulser, it didn't work. I poured over all the schematics I could find. Everything was at it should be. Frustrated, I put it in a bin. A week or so later, I inspected it with a loupe, a single unsoldered leg of a resistor, I even clipped it, which I do after soldering. Soldered it and BOOM! instant waveshaping gnarlyness.
I use one of these:
davebr
negativspace wrote:
davebr wrote:

I am saying 70% of the dead DIY boards that people send to me to repair are due to an unsoldered pin. Had they gone through and examined every pin they would have found them and saved themselves postage, repair cost, and time.

Dave
mnml
Need a builder? Chicago-area modular enthusiast looking for projects of any complexity. Got my first oscilloscope 40 years ago. Did some DIY audio, then maintained my own STS/Serge system for 20 years. Also produced several CDs and performed live gigs.
brock0791
Synthesizer repair shop here with lots of build experience in Toronto, Canada. Very good rates due to our slumping canadian dollar vis a vis american money.

TTSH for $700 usd labour
Yocto for $300 usd labour

Most euro module builds $60-100 but feel free to pm for quotes

We warranty all our builds
AC-130U
I am also willing to build for others. I have experience with both thru-hole and SMT electronics, as well as mechanical builds.

I may also have access to electronic test equipment on occasion, it's part of my job description because I maintain the test fixtures at work.

On-location builds may be negotiable in the future (largely depends on how much time off I have) but I am open to it with adequate planning, in the States (Utah and Colorado primarily).

AC-130U
seanbonner
In Los Angeles. Lots of soldering experience, open to help if schedule allows.
NU
(oops)

d'oh!
haceka
i can build for Canadian user Guinness ftw!
Conjure
DIYer for hire in New Jersey, USA.

I've built tons of things. 100% success rate with Mutable modules (over 20 built now), etc.

PM me smile
Siri
Hi there!

I'm available for building modules for people, my DIY setup is 4U (mostly CGS) but I can do eurorack stuff too!

I'm in Montreal (QC) Canada.
ETP
warnton wrote:
looking for someone in Vienna, Austria, to help me out with different DIY projects... anybody around?? thanks

I don´t know builders in Austria, but have good experience with bulders from US and UK.

BTW is there a "rate the builders magic" thread?
samuraipizzacat29
Actual ratings could get out of hand. Though a "builder's experiences" thread, just like how we have in the FS sub, might do nicely... Then you could just click the "all" button, wait for your browser to catch up, and then see how unhappy everybody is with samuraipizzacat29 hihi
dalhasumai
Hit me up for some Build/repairs in Lyon / FRANCE smile
papz
I use to service synths, specialized in EMS gear with a large experience of many Synthi A, Synthi AKS and VCS3, I also took care of Synthi E, Synthi 100, DK keyboards, KS, TKS, Universal Sequencer, Sequencer 256, modules...

I'm well experienced in building 208 modules.

Feel free to contact me for any EMS repair or modification or 208 module / 208 ToolBox build (I no longer build other modules).
I offer one year full warranty on all builds and interventions.
I'm located in Belgium and able to give official invoice, I'm VAT registered.

Thanks
CopperHydra
California builder, ventura & goleta, 805 area code in general.
Mostly experienced in motm, 5u, and circuitbending drum machines.
Please try to gather all required parts beforehand as this will reduce the time I take on your build or repair. Thank You thumbs up
eelburn
hi! i build kits (4ms, synthrotek, MI, MFOS...) and custom circuits for eurorack as well as standalone utility-type boxes (for converting between different kinds of signals/formats, sync purposes, etc). also do some repair on non-diy gear (korg, mpcs, 4-tracks, fx, random other stuff). working out of berlin and sometimes rhode island.
wall3y3d89
Looking for a DIY builder for my Moog Werkstatt. I am using laurentide synth works terminology but I want a standard mod. If one is able to do a full modificaion for a good price I am open to discussion i guess. I am happy to ship it if you are outside of California but if you are in LA even better.

Here is a link to laurentide synth works werkstatt which is my reference for what I am looking for.

http://www.laurentidesynthworks.net/werkstatt-der-pfaumlhler.html

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
sduck
Look up user qp here - he can do it for you, as he's Laurentide Synthworks.
wall3y3d89
ah! thanks but i have already spoken with him and he is not taking projects at this time.
P8ntbrush
I love this idea! Some times I'm dying to solder but have nothing to work on so helping out someone who may not have the tools to build a kit sounds like a lot of fun to me! I'm located in Buffalo, NY and this is also my first post! (Long time reader finally broke and made an account) I have a small eurorack system and am just starting a dotcom rack both with diy and purchased modules. zombie
Ranstedt
Looking for someone that could build me this euro module:
http://modularaddict.com/befaco-rampage-kit

h4ndcrafted
Looking for an experienced UK builder to build me a Yocto.

http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/yocto-kit/43-yocto-v10-half-kit.html

Waiting for stock availability atm.
corpusjonsey
I have some free time and would be willing to build for people. I'm a computer/electrical engineer and I build test fixtures for a semiconductor company here in Colorado USA. I have built many projects including:

Shruthi
Anushri
CVpal
DIY Braids
MA VCA
Serge Res EQ MKII
NLC mixer
NLC Phase / Flange
NLC Squid Axon
DIY cases/power supplies
other various CGS boards
MFOS stuff
Pedals for guitar (mostly fuzz type stuff)
DIY MIDI host
Fonitronik Cascade
Music Thing Turing Machine and Radio Music
Pulses and Volts TM Expanders
L-1 Quad VCA, L-1 Tube VCA

Working on:
West Coast Mini Synth
CGS MSU

Let me know what you want built and we can negotiate price/trade for work.
matcsat
Hi !

I wanna share my happyness for the good job that midirobot did for me with fonitronik PS3100.
Btw: great module.

bye

Marco.
smirky
[Edit] - All set, ignore for now.
richie
h4ndcrafted wrote:

Have you tried Neil over at http://marmotaudio.co.uk?
ETP
richie wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

Agree. He is a magician thumbs up
didahdrieghe
I've built a LOT of modules and projects for people and customers have always been positive about my work.

Some of the things I've built:
L1, Random*Source, 4MS, Neutron Sound Orgones, Nonlinearcircuits, Ambika, DIY MI, Music Thing Modular,..
I can do SMT projects!

There's some pictures of builds here, will update:
https://www.instagram.com/didahdrieghe/

Let me know what you need and we can work something out.
(Based in Antwerp, Belgium)
NekoNeko
I'm a builder available for hire, infact it's my day job along with building pro audio gear and repairing synths (Nekotronics).

Built a ton of modules for folks. Always open to requests/quotes and keep a good stock of some i like.

I'm based in Manchester UK but ship world wide regularly, Even Peru is not too far hihi

PM me here or on Facebook for a chat

https://www.facebook.com/Nekotronics/
warmtape
Hi, I'm looking for someone to perform a Juno-66 mod in the NYC/NJ area. According to tubbutec, it takes them about one hour to complete (but they know the mod intimately, obviously).
https://tubbutec.de/juno-66/
Please PM if you'd be willing
h4ndcrafted
richie wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

Doing so now, ty for headsup Miley Cyrus
TrueFallacy
I am looking to have a mini mixer similar to the chandler for powered summing with switchable output tranny options. I have a few ideas but mostly looking for a designer and or builder. Anyone have experience in something like this?
ObsoleteModular
[deleted]
Fiddlestickz
Great thread, posting to subscribe...
AC-130U
> 20 years in the electronics industry.

I can build boards from SMT all the way to mechanical assembly cases, workstations, computers, etc.

Currently in the Provo UT area but have an eye on moving to the Denver CO area before wintertime.

PM me to work out arrangements.

Jack
L!mbo
Got somebody working on it.
Section956
A quick note that I can highly recommend the work of corpusjonsey. I assembled a Penrose but it wasn't working. He agreed to help. Communication was outstanding and he diagnosed and fixed the problem within 2 days of receipt of the module. I couldn't be happier.
Footkerchief
corpusjonsey built 2x Fonitronik Cascade for me -- super fast, good price, would do again!
BlackCrowSounds
Hello,

I am happy to offer my soldering, testing, designing, building and occasional front panel making services to anyone in need. I am pretty much willing to construct anything for anyone. But a summary list of what I prefer to do.

5U,eurorack or effects pedals, however may except other formats on a case by case basis.
Will happily perform modifications youve heard of or design my own for you.
Will design modules from scratch for you or build no longer produced modules from scratch.
Will convert between formats (Eurorack to 5U and vice versa).
Love strange and challengin projects.

Also on every single piece of work I do I offer a lifetime warranty with no questions asked, so if anything my soldering iron has been near breaks for whatever reason I will fix it. No matter what caused it to stop working (Poured beer over it, sure. Connected the wrong power supply to it, yep. Set it on fire in a fit of showmanship, of course. Anything else you can possibly do, 100% OK). You can either send it back to me or I can help you fix it yourself over the internet.

Prices are calculated the following way: I charge a modest 10p per solder joint, plus £15 to get the thing working, £10 base fee and any component costs plus +25% finders fee.

Either send me a PM or reply in this thread if there is anything you might like doing or would simply like to ask questions.

Sorry about the wall of text.
L!mbo
Just wanted to praise Dave B from modularsynthesis.com. Helped me fix a project I was stuck on and is very professional. Highly recommended.
shreeswifty
i would be interested in having an ornaments and crime built if someone has the skills and inclination and tools that tim outlines in his post.
Thank you
kdmr
just getting my toes wet in synth, but have been building amplifiers and effects for about 6 years.
bigfatslob87
corpusjonsey did an awesome job building a Turing Machine and Radio Music for me in just a few days. Great communication, fair pricing, excellent work - highly recommended!
L!mbo
Looking for someone to do a small fix on my radio music board. For some reason I can't desolder the teensy and the pins for it and it's been sitting on my desk for a month. I'm too busy at work to spend the time to do it unfortunetely.

Wouldn't mind funding someone to fix it and get my module working. I'll ship the micro sd card with it. PM me if you're interested.
ron12
Is there any body out there in the Seattle, Tacoma, Portland Area that could
Help me mount my 6U boats into a Halliburton case? I am a little too nervous to pull the trigger myself, as I want everything to be aligned properly. Please please hit me up.
L!mbo
Just got my radio music module back from CorpusJonesy and it works great. I'd trust him to help me out if I make a mess again.
erstlaub
Dropping by to give some praise to gbiz who carried out an SMD repair on a cooked module for me.

Great communications, super quick turnaround, top quality repair work and a really decent price.

Definitely give him a shout if you need anything sorted in the UK and see if he can help you out.

thumbs up
warmtape
posting again looking for someone to execute a juno-66 (tubbutec) midi retrofit for my juno-60. I'm in NYC, but am willing to travel in the tri-state area with it for a decent price.
nevetsokyeron
Hello Hello!

I am just getting started building for folks. I am located in Austin Texas USA.

A few years back I got started soldering a bunch of MIDI controller stuff while building a crazy art project. This lead to hanging out with the folks at LIVID Instruments and doing a little bit of repair work on their MIDI controllers. I managed to take a handful of otherwise broken or not working boards and make them working controllers again.

And now I'm back soldering again with modular. smile

Modular stuff I've built for myself (and others) so far:

Music Thing Radio Music (2)
Music Thing Turing Machine (V1 and 2 V2s) + Voltages, Volts, Pulses, and Bytes
Music Thing Mikrophonie
GSMN! Pure Power
GSMN! Pure Sine VCF
GMSN! Pure LFO
Mutable Instruments Kinks
Mutable Instruments Links
Mutable Instruments Warps
Mutable Instruments Braids x2
Mutable Instruments Elements
Befaco Rampage
Ornament + Crime (8x)
TempsUtile (3x)
ZeroScope

EDIT EDIT - Building Ornament + Crime and TempsUtile on request - get in touch if you're looking for one of these.
J3RK
I thought I'd pop in here as well. I prefer to only build my own designs, so if anyone's looking for one of my projects, I'm happy to build it for you. The reason I'd like to stick to my own is that I'm quite used to them, and more or less have a system down for all of them. I'm happy to build in just about any format. Just let me know what you're looking for, and we can figure out details. One last thing. I prefer not to build 258J or 291J. They were my first real projects, but I've really moved on from there, and prefer not to work on clones these days. I also have a lot of projects that I've never put out publicly, so if you're looking for a particular function, by all means run it by me. I can also do custom designs from the ground up depending on the scale, definitely happy to chat about such things.

w00t
virtualcrimes
I am looking for someone to try and repair two euro modules i have. One is a Ryo optodist that i believe i fried.

The other is an MFB-seq 02 that turns on and works but i tried replacing the leds and that didnt go so well either, a button fell off along with an smd.

I am located in Brooklyn, would be awesome if i could meet someone locally to show me what i did wrong with the optodist. I tried diagnosing the optodist with a meter but i do not know enough yet.
Crashlander42
I'd like to throw my hat into this as well!

I've been building DIY Synthesizers for 10 years. I've done plenty of repair, modding and servicing on vintage and modern keyboards as well.

I have plenty of SMD experience as well as a reflow station and other necessary tools.

I can also do custom laser cut/engraved acrylic panels if needed.

My current modular setup -

Here's an Imgur gallery of some of my panels -

http://imgur.com/a/u2Yhd

I'm located in Winter Park, Florida.
Simonm
Hi, looking for someone in uk to troubleshoot my thonk Turing machine mk2. Cheers
Thermospore
Crashlander42 wrote:

I've been building DIY Synthesizers for 10 years. I've done plenty of repair, modding and servicing on vintage and modern keyboards as well.

I have plenty of SMD experience as well as a reflow station and other necessary tools.

I recognize that setup! I might I have seen your Youtube chanel? Sean Pendleton I think? What a coincidence to see you somewhere else on the internet!
sowari
Great thread!

I am glad that there are some people in the UK that are happy to do this kind of work.
daynehacks
Located in CANADA I build all sorts of electronic stuff from R/C planes/cars/boats/quadcopters to amplifiers/DAC's/tube hybrid headphones amps to guitar stompboxes/low watt tube amps and now synth things for mostly personal use.

This past winter I was commissioned to assemble some prototype circuit boards consisting of around 100 passive 0402 SMD parts each and many IC's including a BGA PIC micro controller.

Located in CANADA, 5 minutes from the Washington boarder makes postage to and from the USA a lot cheaper as well.

Shoot me a PM if you're looking for a builder, or someone to finish your unfinished projects! Example photos also available on request.
xbted
If you're in the EU, and you need something built for reasonable prices, hit me up. See my offer in Sales and Trades about the NAVA too!!!

Ask me about Ornament and Crime! 235 euros shipped worldwide.
Caseyjholmes
In Washington, USA.

Can build surface mount and through hole modules.
Ornament and crime, mutable instruments, etc.
have made Thomas Henry VCOs from scratch, as well as the rest of my modular rack. Im even about to release my first fully self designed SMT eurorack module in a few days. Happy to help those in need. Let me know! smile
-Casey
Synesthesia
I'm in Ireland,

I've build a lot of things - euro modules, x0xb0x, CGS \ Serge style modules and full panels.

I've build a Buchla 208 and 218.

I am doing some SMD, but this is relatively new to me ( i do have a hot air station )

If you need something done, hit me up - i might be able to do it, or know the best person for the job wink

Marc
Crashlander42
Thermospore wrote:
Crashlander42 wrote:

I recognize that setup! I might I have seen your Youtube chanel? Sean Pendleton I think? What a coincidence to see you somewhere else on the internet!

Yup, I think the Youtube is Crashlander42. Occasionally I get bored and post crappy videos. hihi
Pal+
Hi fellow Wigglers,

I started a small business called Volt Factory. Here at Volt Factory we build anything you want. We also offer repair services and we can source electronic parts for your builds. We do thru hole and SMD soldering.

Our FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Volt-Factory-258483367905039/?ref=page_intern al
mike.synthesizer
I can build just about anything and also offer consulting services. I'm located in Chicago, IL USA
tempo63
I recently moved to Chicago. I can build both through hole and SMD stuff. Mostly have done Euro stuff, but i've built some standalone gear as well. I love doing it.
This is fun!
sempervirent
Glad this thread has grown, thanks guys
bastian23
anybody located in Germany, who could build a uBraids or two? (for a reasonable price)
xbted
Hi, I'm Ted and I have pneumonia. The pneumonia bacteria would like to say that I am able to offer 2nd class service for 3rd class prices. Pneumonia sucks.
micamic
I can build custom wooden suitcases for synths or rack cases for very reasonable price.
welhamc
Located in Bristol, Uk and can offer a range of DIY services for a very reasonable price!
welhamc
Also not sure if its a good place to advertise, but can also offer Technics servicing for very competitive price
Very Little Fun
Well this is embarrassing... I just received my Jasper (Wasp clone) kit in the mail today. After looking over the BOM, I realized that I in fact bit off more than I could chew.
very frustrating
Is there anyone or anyway to get this thing assembled? I would of course pay for the parts and labor and shipping.

Thanks... (hides)
Michael
Silicium
Hi *

I'am located in Berlin and i may build your DIY module for beer and a second module.
geecen
How much are you all charging for building stuff for people by the way? Just wondering what the going rate is and whether it's worth getting into. Everyone says reasonable prices, but as I've never paid for someone to build something (or gotten paid to build something) I've no idea!

Thanks. cool
atari5200
I build stuff here in the US.
Built lots of O+C's and Turing Machines, as well as other bits- Serge Res EQ, Temps Utile, Radio Music, RYO stuff, Sloths, blah blah blah, but I can do pretty much whatever.

This is a little sideline for me, I have a normal day job and I'm in grad school so it gives me a way to continue to funnel a bit of money into my eurorack black hole without feeling too bad about it.... w00t

Happy to do custom builds too. Plenty of good references and unless the project involves unusually expensive parts I don't take any payment until everything is done.

Shoot me a message if you want something built Guinness ftw!
Metatronic Mods
Hey all, builder and repair tech of 5 years here. I'm equipped for through hole/wave soldering, IR, and hot air. Lots of experience sourcing parts (half of my time is spent repairing vintage gear with discontinued parts I have to find equivalent replacements for). My shop is located in Asheville, NC US, and rates vary by job/assembly process. Contact me through my website linked below for a quote. SlayerBadger!
Metatronic Mods
geecen wrote:
How much are you all charging for building stuff for people by the way? Just wondering what the going rate is and whether it's worth getting into. Everyone says reasonable prices, but as I've never paid for someone to build something (or gotten paid to build something) I've no idea!

Thanks. cool

I think a lot of that depends on where you live. At least for walk in customers it certainly does. I don't do a lot of work through the mail, but I have a few customers in NY and LA who always send me stuff because I'm so cheap. And then I've had people from small towns outside of Asheville, where I live, refuse to pay because I "overcharged" them.

I also tend to be pretty fluid about my rate in general. If it was an easy assembly process, if I enjoy working for someone, if they made the job pleasant and easy and I want them to come back, I charge less. If they were an asshole, making ridiculous demands, or asking for the nigh impossible to be done, or email me twice a day asking "when will it be ready/tracking number yet??!" then I tend to charge more than normal.
ceymore
Hi guys,

Just to chime in - I work in an EMS factory as a project manager, so if anyone needs something built in 100+ pcs I can send you a quote. SMT / THT assembly and all the applied processes. Located in Bulgaria (Eastern EU)

I would love to work on an Eurorack project in the factory! Will do the best I can price-wise and quality-wise.

smd.tremol.bg
cocco88
looking for someone that can solder me some smd for a Rings
won't risk with the smaller ones
r3y3s
amazing work guys. Im new to the forum. looking for someone in london to help with building a small 4 channel mixer. thanks
JJHMusic
Not sure if this is allowed - but any of you builder guys want to give me a price for a Turing machine? I'm UK based of that helps. Thanks amigos! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Acidizer
hi, not sure if this is the right place, but i can't post a new thread as a new member...

i am looking to maybe change the colour of the LEDs in my system-8. that green just burns my ass every time i turn it on. so fucking ghastly.

would someone be able to do it for a price? or what is this best course of action? i'm guessing they are SMT. i can solder, but not SMT.

cheers.
orangehexagon
Acidizer wrote:
hi, not sure if this is the right place, but i can't post a new thread as a new member...

i am looking to maybe change the colour of the LEDs in my system-8. that green just burns my ass every time i turn it on. so fucking ghastly.

would someone be able to do it for a price? or what is this best course of action? i'm guessing they are SMT. i can solder, but not SMT.

cheers.

where u located?
Acidizer
orangehexagon wrote:
Acidizer wrote:

cheers.

where u located?

UK/scotland.
DayZ
ronski wrote:
Happy to build for needy people wink

I've build about 15 modules now (all worked at first startup)
(plus some MFOS stuff, guitar pedals and the too big thing on my profile pic)
I can source parts if needed.

Living in London

Ronnie

Hey mate , do you think you could help me with a project , i have 22 modules with populated pcbs and panels and all necessary parts , i completed wiring 2 modules but one did not light up and the other started to emit smoke, I am Kind of nervous with continuing with the rest as i am a beginner .
I am more than willing to pay or even give you some of the modules if you can help a hopeless audiophile

Dead Banana
DayZ
sad banana
ronski
Hi mate, wrote you a PM!

deadbanana wrote:

Hey mate , do you think you could help me with a project , i have 22 modules with populated pcbs and panels and all necessary parts , i completed wiring 2 modules but one did not light up and the other started to emit smoke, I am Kind of nervous with continuing with the rest as i am a beginner .
I am more than willing to pay or even give you some of the modules if you can help a hopeless audiophile

Dead Banana
wigwig
Writing to recommend corpusjonsey who built a R*S Serge Res EQ for me.
Nice work, quick turnaround, clear communication, fair price.
thumbs up
musicalfungus
Hello my fellow Wigglers

I am looking to get into 4U to expand on my current Music Easel/Euro setup.

Hoping to find someone with some knowledge who could possibly be commissioned to build a basic 4 panel boat. (259, 281c, 292, 265/66)

Thanks!
Don T
musicalfungus wrote:
Hello my fellow Wigglers

I am looking to get into 4U to expand on my current Music Easel/Euro setup.

Hoping to find someone with some knowledge who could possibly be commissioned to build a basic 4 panel boat. (259, 281c, 292, 265/66)

Thanks!

I've built all those before. Where are you located?

Also, for that particular set of modules, you'll need a 5-space boat, as the 259 takes up 2 spaces.
musicalfungus
Don T

Located in California. Thanks for looking out on the boat size!

I know I can easily acquire the parts. (pcb's,panels,knobs,and boat) and I was actually surprised with the relatively low cost of the materials. However I have very limited soldering experience and no real testing equipment to assure everything is in correct working order. I guess I am looking for a quote on what the actual assembly costs would be. Feel free to PM me if want. Thanks for replying!
Tiri
Hello all,

ive been lurking for a while and finally made an account to write as well.
Recently i got the assembled PWM Mod kit from Fred Vecoven and thought that i could easily install this in my MKS70.
But when it arrived i had to realize that its too complicated for me and i would rather have it installed by someone who knows what he does smile

im in Berlin but can ship the synth in germany or even europe.
Please message me if you are skilled to do this: https://supersynthprojects.com/vecoven-pwm-kit-fitting/

Any hints for technicians are also welcome.
boops
Hi,I am in Europe
I build buchla modules and cases ,my link below
I have build a ton of diy projects too,yocto,9090,ucapps sid ,seq p3 ,synthi phutney
I ve done repair or complete restoration of all the analog synths on the planet wink
Memorymoog
Prophet 5 rev2
Jupiter4/6/8
Synthi aks
Cs 50/60
Obx 8 voices etc
Cheers
Thermospore
I'm based in Anchorage, Alaska. I can do anything from multiples to Mutable Instruments modules
drane2
I'm starting to make myself available for builds/repairs/mods. I'm a degreed electrical engineer that has been paid to make ASICs, smart phones, and synthesizers (for whatever any of that is worth) and used to muck around with circuit bending back in the day. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Feel free to PM me to discuss your needs, I might be able to help.
Hrduncan
Hello,

Im an electronics repair specialist operating out of Chico, California. I wanted to offer my services in repairing eurorack modules. DM if you are interested. I've spent the last two years micro soldering and repairing apple logic boards and have lots of experience in diagnosing problems with electronics.
shadmock
Hello Fellow Wigglers-

I have professional experience as a builder/assembler and Quality Control Tech at Fulltone Musical products as well as 7+ years as an Audio Tech for VER in Glendale, CA.

I have built modules for personal use in Euro and Frac Rack formats and have systems to test both. I have a Dotcom Portable 22 system, so 5U is an option. I also have my PAIA 2720 (which is running like a champ) so those modules can be tested as well.

I'm open for builds of Theremin kits and any PAIA kits, as the 9700 was the first system I successfully built in 2002.

Specialty audio cables are also something I've built, so custom patch cables are also something to be considered.

My rate can be discussed as it varies from project to project. You supply the kit(s), I do the building.

I offer a 2 week (14days) warranty on my work after project is picked up by client. This is to ensure the piece(s) get inspected & operated by the client in a timely fashion.

I am located in the Glendale/Eagle Rock/Highland Park area of Los Angeles.

I love old & new school experimental/ electronic music and the machines that make it possible.

Give me a call for your electronic musical instrument kit building needs!

-In Sonic Trust-

-Sean
323-717-1349 (call or text )
shadmock@yahoo.com

Scolbio
Hi, is there anyone in Chicago that can troubleshoot my CGS DUSG build?
It's fully built but not functioning, I've read through every thread here and still can't figure this thing out. PM me if interested and approximate prices.
Thanks!
rustedimac
If anyone within 1 1/2 hour distance away from Bloomington, IN need some soldering jobs done, I'd love to help you out!
peachfuzzmcgee
Anyone with experience with CGS stuff wanna tackle a big build. I have a serge quicksand panel that I have populated some of the boards but I have found that I have less and less time to complete it so I was hoping to find someone that might bag out this thing.

I have all the boards, and pretty much most of the pricier materials aside from the power supply. Thanks!
guestt
I have done enough DIY over the last three years, know my work is of high enough quality (based on what other professional builders say about my work) and sold enough of it with absolutely no complaints to be able to now offer a build service for those UK/EU wigglers who would like DIY modules but haven't got the tools/patience/skills to build their own.

I am currently out of work so this is a great way for me to keep the wolves from the door and help out a fellow wiggler or two.

I am about to place another order with Thonk, so, this is a general call out - would anyone like any of the kits built from Thonk?

Everything is always thoroughly tested.

I will always help in the unlikely event that anything goes wrong with your module.

Rates are very reasonable smile

Please PM for more details and to place your order!
Scories
I'd like to hire a technician for a little STS Serge modification/implementation.

I have a single panel that consist of two M-Class modules: Creature and Audio Interface. I'm fine with this setup but I am short of a pulse division options.
I'd like to see if it could be possible to implement a ÷N mini module* in the obelisk of my panel.
* voltage-controlled pulse divider

Something that might look like this:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32295&highlight=

...with half of this module:
http://randomsource.net/docs/RandomSource_Serge_NCOM.pdf

(because if we add an extra comparator, it might get a little too cramped I guess).

If you are familiar with STS Serge and are confident about doing this mod pretty easily, please send me a message. Thank you.

P.S Located in Canada.
audiohawk
atari5200 wrote:
I build stuff here in the US.
Built lots of O+C's and Turing Machines, as well as other bits- Serge Res EQ, Temps Utile, Radio Music, RYO stuff, Sloths, blah blah blah, but I can do pretty much whatever.

This is a little sideline for me, I have a normal day job and I'm in grad school so it gives me a way to continue to funnel a bit of money into my eurorack black hole without feeling too bad about it.... w00t

Happy to do custom builds too. Plenty of good references and unless the project involves unusually expensive parts I don't take any payment until everything is done.

Shoot me a message if you want something built Guinness ftw!

Hey guys!
Just to put a good word for atari5200 building skills...
Recently built me a O_C, a TempsUtile and 2 FMOgres. Couldn't be happier!
It all went smooth... From my custom inquiry to the dealine requested by me.
Recommended!
Corbeau
A few weeks ago I sent both my Shruthi and Anushri kits to didahdrieghe to have them built by someone who knew what they were doing. I had an excellent experience with him, and the instruments were built in a very timely manner with a lot of attention paid to getting them calibrated just right. He was very upfront about any issues encountered during the build, all of which were resolved.

Can't recommend him highly enough if you're looking for a builder in the EU. He even got me curious about getting my feet wet in the Synth DIY scene! Still have a long way to go but he was very helpful in offering advice.

Thanks again Didah!
NewEnglandAnalog
Hello all,
I am available to do builds, mods, custom work for people. I have been building modulars since the early 90's. I have the equipment to build and troubleshoot any modular gear out there. A little about myself:

EE degree

25+ years of electronics building experience, including dozens and dozens of cloned analog modules.

Have owned an analog synthesizer repair business and repaired hundreds of analog synths (Former owner of New England Analog). Also worked for Kurzweil as a hardware engineer and sound designer.

Experienced with PCB design, schematic layout, electronic design, embedded programming

Panel design skills using 2D cad

Can complete custom electronic projects from concept to completion, including panel design, construction, etc.

Can modify any analog synth to do whatever you want it to. (Within reason of course! I can't make a bad design good.)

All of my builds are professional quality, and no job is too difficult. If you have a project that you'd like me to take on, please PM me. Thanks!
-Rob
www.RetroaktivSynthesizers.com
kallamash
Rob. That is some impressive CV! I am in the same direction of expertise, but only for 8 years. I have fixed and modded hundreds of devices, but only 1/10 are synths etc. Have been working for Bastl and soldered over 500 modules.
Stationed in Brno-Czech republic.
Rex Coil 7
Paying someone else to build it for you isn't "DIY" any longer .....

.... it's PSETBIFY (paying someone else to build it for you).

That's funny. I'm funny. Damn I'm funny. So damned funny. meh

lol lol lol lol
Nihlathak
Hi im searching for someone who could build for me clouds, rings and O&C
my plan is to get those three toghether and get a cool deal.

let me know if anyone is up to
ZZ Ardoz
Nihlathak wrote:
Hi im searching for someone who could build for me clouds, rings and O&C
my plan is to get those three toghether and get a cool deal.

let me know if anyone is up to

I can make you an O and C, but the Mutable stuff is a no-no. Against the wishes of Olivier.
Reese P. Dubin
I am looking for someone in the USA to construct an ELEMENTS PCB only, flashed with the firmware. Basically I need a complete board with no hardware for a big banana build.
I can and have built nearly anything through hole but dont have the time on this to get my SMD up to snuff just yet.
I know there are some "rules" concerning these modules and I dont want to step on anyones toes, but a scan of BST makes it clear there is a cottage industry in making them for yourselves and then selling and doing it again. I dont want a branded paneled finished module, just a flashed/complete PCB.

If this is a total no no please delete this post!
ZZ Ardoz
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
I am looking for someone in the USA to construct an ELEMENTS PCB only, flashed with the firmware. Basically I need a complete board with no hardware for a big banana build.
I can and have built nearly anything through hole but dont have the time on this to get my SMD up to snuff just yet.
I know there are some "rules" concerning these modules and I dont want to step on anyones toes, but a scan of BST makes it clear there is a cottage industry in making them for yourselves and then selling and doing it again. I dont want a branded paneled finished module, just a flashed/complete PCB.

The point of him allowing people to openly build his stuff is to learn how to do it. Totally worth your time to do, and not all that hard to do, with plenty of tutorials and advice to be had. I'm happy to help you if you have any questions on the process, but can't make you his original modules

If you're just looking to get a budget Elements, then it is a no-no. He's not going to spend the time to do anything about it, but it isn't what he wants.
s-p-o
Hallo everyone!
I am currently searching for a builder to hire for a MFOS Ultimate.
I am located in Italy and my search is restricted to EU countries.
Please email me if interested.

Many thanks
SB-SIX
Out of curiosity, what would a shakmat bishops miscalleny cost including build and shipping to the netherlands? It is listed as full diy kit for £110,- at thonk.
moremagic
ZZ Ardoz wrote:
Reese P. Dubin wrote:

The point of him allowing people to openly build his stuff is to learn how to do it. Totally worth your time to do, and not all that hard to do, with plenty of tutorials and advice to be had. I'm happy to help you if you have any questions on the process, but can't make you his original modules

If you're just looking to get a budget Elements, then it is a no-no. He's not going to spend the time to do anything about it, but it isn't what he wants.
i think the poster was looking for bananas, not budget, which seems like itd be fine. i know theres a buchla port of some mutable modules and ive never heard olivier naysay it.
ZZ Ardoz
moremagic wrote:
i think the poster was looking for bananas, not budget, which seems like itd be fine. i know theres a buchla port of some mutable modules and ive never heard olivier naysay it.

It's an interesting line. Is jack replacement enough to call it a separate entity? Or would it have to be an entirely different form and pcb? I think it is enough on a fence to just not go there. But others might be cool with it. Bottom line is Olivier will never do anything about it, so it's up to the builder what is right and wrong.
dp
Hello I'm looking for someone to build me a Triple Sloth v2 eu/uk.
please pm me thanks
jamesdl
Hi all-

FYI this is my first post on MW, but I've been reading the threads for a long time now.

I am looking for someone to build a Thomas Henry SN voice in MOTM format. I already own the PCB for it and would mail it to you. I do not have a panel yet.

I would like to either use the bridechamber panel available at synthCube or a custom panel if some of the mods are incorporated that are outlined here: http://www.birthofasynth.com/Thomas_Henry/Pages/SN-Voice_mods.html

The choice between custom or synthCube panel depends on how more the mods and custom panel would cost.

Please PM me with a quote and delivery time-frame if interested.

Thanks,
James
Eric the Red
Good Morning / Afternooon everyone - I just got my hands on a Ming Mecca World Core and Control Core...

Part of the building involves “Flashing an IC” <— please correct me if that terminology is incorrect, is it Program?

I’m looking for someone that will be able to help out with this. Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks,

Eric
StateAzure
Hi. Looking for someone to build me a Fonitronik Cascade asap for my first modular setup. Pm me pls. Looking for someone in UK preferably.
SeatedFigure
Anyone can build a Dubldeca in Europe please message me
the bad producer
@SeatedFigure - I wouldn't mind one of those too, but it looks like PCBs are sold out... Would happily make one for me one for you if we could find the PCBs!
warmtape
hi, looking for someone (ideally in nyc area) who would perform the macumbista res-4 individual output.
Here's the thread about it:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146237&start=50

might consider shipping it/driving it a distance, too.
dp
Looking for someone to build me a quadra expander in 2 or 4 hp
thanks
futureman
I'm a maker outside Detroit. I've got a lot of woodworking experience and would be willing to build cases to your exact specs. Access to decorative figured woods, CNC, Laser, and commercial 3d Printers.

My day job is as an electronics technician working with scientific instrumentation. I haven't designed synth in particular, but I have very good soldering skills and know how to read a circuit diagram, so I'd also be open to doing kit assembly for those who are not comfortable soldering.
Modulart_JP
raccoonboy
Any DIYers in Scotland/UK/EU who could make me a Hexinverter Liquid Hats v1.4 for Eurorack? Probably with one or two mods.
letitbleep
I'd like to commission a builder to do a latest-revision Plague Bearer (maybe 2 of them). is this the right place to ask? should I post in the PB thread? new to the DIY forum smile

I'm in California

thanks
neil_kerr
I have 2 LXRs at present, both of which aren't working properly. I bought both from different sellers, 1 worked fine for about 6 months, the other didn't ever even power up.

I am in the final stages of an EP which is due to go to vinyl pressing in January but I am unable to finish off 2 of the tracks due to the LXR packing in.

The unit that was working started crashing a few months back and has gotten worse and worse, to the extent that it will no longer read the SD cards.

I really need to get one of the units fixed asap, does anyone know of any UK based synth techs who would have a look at it?

Thanks
modraw
Hey guys, I'd like to thanks lasesentaysiete for the µo_C he just built for me.
Very clean stuff and good prices, can't recommend the guy enough if you look for an european tech wink
Thanks!
beliefsystemrecords
Hello there!

Im a builder in Switzerland. I can build you almost everything. Can ship to EU for € 12.-- and worldwide for $ 22.--.

Currently in stock:

Plancks, micro Braids, Temps Utile, uClouds, Frames
ProducerMatt
Hi! I have chronic pain that keeps me from having a job, but I recently discovered I can solder just fine! I’ve been building a number of different things and I now feel comfortable offering my services. I’m very excited to do so since, as I mentioned, I have a tough time finding work I can handle.

I’d be very happy to do through-hole work most of all. Right now I haven’t done any SMD or point-to-point yet, though I bought an SMD practice board that I’ll use to figure out my technique. For doing point-to-point, I’d need to find a “helping hand” that is easier to open and close, with the dream being one thar’s opened by a motor and I can just press a button.

I’m currently building an MOTM Oakley, but I’m happy to take any format, including standalone.

Cost would be for all parts, shipping, and then a reasonable charge for how complex it was to build. We cripples work for cheap! smile Also, I’m in the US so no VAT!
Midiot
I'll tackle someone elses' project.
I'll try this one time.... here goes....

I love soldering and using quality components. I upgrade components that are essential in my own builds and this build.
Payment would be, you paying for one extra board and components.
In other words, I would build two identical modules....you get one, I keep one. You pay all materials.
No extra labor costs.
Time... less than one week for parts delivery to me, then 48hr max for build and shipping off to you.
(tested, because I'll have an identical build)
sines
I have a bunch of stuff that I don't have the capacity or luck or patience to fix.

Korg VolcaKeys: power inlet needs replacement.
Korg Monotribe: same as above.

Euro:
** Intellijel uVCF **
missing 1 diode, 2 resistors, 1 Zener Diode, all SMT. Replaced multi turn 50k trimmer [side] with 50K single turn [top], can reverse this.

TipTop 909 Clap: Envelope not working at all. acts as if it's a roaring crowd of applause, which is cool, but not quite what I'm going for.

Division 6 dual sequencer : lifted pads and reinstall TL431 & L4931CZ50 Regulator. Worked until L4931CZ50 got damaged somehow.

Delptronics Thunderclap: lifted pads by power. Can no longer tell what’s what.

HexInverter NeinOhNein Snare: barely makes sound

Synthrotek Deluxe Power: lifted pads near power inlet, +5V rail never worked

Ryo Ampmix: Help all over. Never made / passed sound. First DIY build, been sitting around for a while.

STG / Magic Smoke Mankato: chopped down from frac to Euro size. Most components there except tempcos. Seriously no idea what I’m doing on this.

STG Wavefolder: stuffed minus ICs. 4 lifted pads on diodes D1-D2, D22-D23.
Orange
Hi,
I am looking for someone (Europe) who can build the uO&C for me.
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....
ZZ Ardoz
Orange wrote:
Hi,
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....

If you haven't yet, pm a couple of the above Europeans in the thread - one will certainly be able to sort it out for you.
Orange
ZZ Ardoz wrote:
Orange wrote:
Hi,
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....

If you haven't yet, pm a couple of the above Europeans in the thread - one will certainly be able to sort it out for you.

Thanks for your help, found a builder Rockin' Banana!
ZZ Ardoz
Orange wrote:
ZZ Ardoz wrote:
Orange wrote:
Hi,
Plz pm me.
Thanks in advance....

Thanks for your help, found a builder Rockin' Banana!

Result! Rockin' Banana!
steffie268
Hello,

After many months of market research and contemplation I have decided that I want a hardware sequencer to be developed and built according to my exact specifications (at least in terms of front panel layout, functionality and workflow).

I am not an electronics engineer nor a software developer myself so I am looking for one or more people whom I can work with.

I am not sure if all of my ideas are feasible, but for now I must assume that there are no limitations to what can be done and I expect a similar attitude from the people i'll be working with.

What I am quite sure of though is that it is very unlikely that this project will be limited to a single, one-off unit... wink

For now I'm writing a "make believe" user manual for this device with future use as a development tool in mind...

A box with lots of controls, a modest display, some ins and outs, a power supply and a ridiculously powerful CPU with a matching OS and in return fame and fortune will be bestowed upon you! (pinky swear)

Please DM me if this sounds like something you might want to be a part of in some way or another...

best regards
balbibou
Hi there !

I have built several electronic devices (diy kits) from multiple manufacturers over the time for friends and me including :

Shruthi (XT or classic)
Many LXR sonic potions,
A shitload of effect pedals (mostly das musikding)
Jasper clone (WASP) from Jason and CV/midi interface
Oakley power supply...
Modules
Various stuff (midi gear, stripboard modules, sequencers...)
Preen FM2
Mutable module tester lastly

I'm not a technician but a builder, soldering is an addiction...

SMT stuff sometimes but I find it boring... (and it's mostly 402 size at work... Dead Banana )

I'm working into electronic production.

So if you don't have time for your next DIY kit or whatever i can help you with that !

I'm from Lyon, France

SlayerBadger!
julien
Hi,
I'm looking for someone un Europe who can build a uBurst for me.
Let me know
Thanks
Switchzik
EDIT: No need anymore Guinness ftw!

Hello.
I'm look for someone who can build a DOBOZ TSNM3U http://doboz.audio/tsnm3u/ and could estimate the final cost of the assembled module.

I know that the module is out of stock but if someone is willing to get one and could build 2, I'm happy to buy you the second one razz

Please PM if interested, Thanks !
sam_schorb
Hi, i'm for someone to build a Strakal Brulu

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/touellskouarn-strakal-brulu-full-kit-batc h/

Please PM me a quote if you if you are interested. Thanks smile
sduck
The title of the thread is "DIY builders for hire". If you are looking to get something built, first scroll through the thread, look for people in your area and try them BEFORE posting here. And if you still have to post, let us know where you are located!
elcoco
Hi everyone, Just offering my services in the UK, I've built about 20 perfectly working modules for myself which are all still around about a year later, still chugging away the same way they did the first day.

I'm able to do smd and through hole so if you need something built in the UK give me a shout thumbs up
100microdots
Just had three modules built by Altitude909. He did a great job and I would highly recommend his work.
pcfrg
I’m looking for someone in the EU, preferably in Sweden, to build me a couple of MI modules. I got my hands on some complete kits with components and all but dont feel that i have the right tools/knowledge to do the job.. pm me!
sduck
sduck wrote:
The title of the thread is "DIY builders for hire". If you are looking to get something built, first scroll through the thread, look for people in your area and try them BEFORE posting here. And if you still have to post, let us know where you are located!
aabbcc
pcfrg wrote:
I’m looking for someone in the EU, preferably in Sweden, to build me a couple of MI modules. I got my hands on some complete kits with components and all but dont feel that i have the right tools/knowledge to do the job.. pm me!

Hi, I'm located in Sweden (Stockholm). Have built +5x each of:

Nava
Yocto
RE-303
SY1 clone (THC)
A number of various kits and pedals.
guestt
Little update, I am now building the TSNM for anyone interested - wicked touch plate keyboard, arpeggiator and sequencer - it's really rather good!

bishopmagicdonjuan
I have two of these PCB sets: http://www.reredredsynth.com/ladbrokeGroveVCOarray-intro.htm

I'm looking for a builder that could make them into one 8MU panel.

I'd like to use Philmore-style Verniers for Tuning, or Spectrols if they aren't cheap enough.

I'd also like to use some Cliff K1C knobs to make this into an EMS Synthi/VCS3 style module.

Let me know if anyone might be interested, and feel free to send me a DM so we can talk further.

Cheers,
Keith
sduck
sduck wrote:
bishopmagicdonjuan
sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:

Thank you sduck, as you can see by my post count, I'm still fairly new to the site as well as all of it's In's and Out's. I thought that I had made my location clear in my post but i'll have to double check. If it bothers you that much, I'd be happy to take my post down.

Let Me Know,

K
lapdog
Hi,

Is anyone willing to build me a Dubldeca?
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-dubldeca

I'm good with soldering, but am not in the mood right now smile
Based in Norway, so someone here would be great, but EU is fine too.
Thanks.
cmrshl
Hi there,

Melbourne AU based builder here. Have built the following modules and happy to do SMD down to 0603.

PM Foundations ADSR
PM Foundations Fatkeys VCF
PM Foundations Dual VCA
PM Foundations uVCO/LFO
PM Foundations 3080 VCO
Timo Rozendal CEM3340 VCO
NLC BOOLS
PM Foundations S&H
PM Foundations Buffered Multiples
PM Foundations Clock Divider
PM Foundations Clock
PM Foundations Attenuverter
Elby Designs Precision Ref Board
Elby Designs ES02 Preamp
MTM Turing Machine
MTM Spring Reverb Mk II
MTM Spring Reverb Mk II Expander
MTM Turing Pulses Expander
Erica Synths MIDI - CV II
Mutable Instruments Ripples

Give me a shout if I could be of use..
lapdog
cmrshl wrote:
Hi there,

Melbourne AU based builder here. Have built the following modules and happy to do SMD down to 0603.

Thanks, will get back to you if I can't make it in the EU.
lapdog
will go with the CV.OCD instead, so this post is resolved. is there a way to remove it?
thanks.
BillLynes
Built and sold many Turing Machine Mk II modules.

I have all the parts in stock including both silver and black front panels. I also have a good selection of knob colors available. I have completed modules ready to ship. Just let me know what front panel and knob colors you need.

Turing machine Mk II - $180 plus shipping
Pulse Expander - $75 plus shipping
Volts Expander - $75 plus shipping

I have built many other modules and will consider building any DIY modules for the cost of parts plus approx $25 per hour for my time.

I am in Everett WA, USA. But I will ship anywhere.

PM me for more info
j_dowe
Is anyone able to make "floating ring" cables?

Like these: http://controlvoltage.net/expert-sleepers-floating-ring-cable-2m/dp/14 91

But 10 feet long.

*I'm in central illinois, usa, if that matters.
sduck
sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:
Gregor Dys
sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:

/done, didn't find anyone?

I'm looking for someone to build a custom powered eurorack lunchbox case (~4U/40hp)for me:
I am located in Berlin/Germany.

This could be a start:
https://www.thomann.de/de/flyht_pro_wp_safe_box_3_ip65.htm

Cheers
levelhead3
In general on these "DIY" builds do the builders prefer to work from complete kits or get just the panels and pcbs and the source the parts themselves? Or does it vary from project or project? I could see a lot of value in the experience of knowing where to get better quality/rare parts - or maybe even having such on hand.
AlX0298
-off topic, deleted-
sduck
Please, start a new thread for this. This is totally off topic for this thread. If you are unable to start a thread, use one of the introduction threads in the top level forums to make a few posts, then you can start threads.
Davesax1965
UK based builder - Eurorack, no 5U at the moment. Through hole only.

Based in Macclesfield, 3 years DIY experience.
jersupereq
I'm looking for someone who would feel confident building a Serge WAD clone from CGS. It currently just has resistors and a few other parts. I don't feel knowledgeable enough to source the rare chips and not break them during installation. I'm usually more confident than i should be but the WAD is a bizarre build. I can provide a panel for it to be built into as well as semi populated board. I'm located in San Francisco California. Please PM me if you are interested
annawang
Hi everyone! I love my Make Noise Rosie—expecially the crossfade/cue ability but hate that it crossfades between two mono channels instead of two stereo ones. Wondering if anyone here could basically build me a Rosie with two stereo channels, OR modify my Rosie?

I am located in the US(Madison, WI). Thank you!
sduck
sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:
Numinous880990
I'm seeking a builder to do mods on the following: (1) Korg ms-20m (I'll detail more if you pm me, almost all the mods I'd like done have patch points indicated on the circuit board); and, (2) adding cv jack for resonance on a filter that doesn't have resonance cv. Thanks for your time!
leehume
Hi Wigglers,

I'm looking for a UK based builder for a Syncusscion clone kit I have (PSYCOX).

Any suggestions very welcome.

Many thanks
sduck
PLEASE read this.

sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:
sduck wrote:
j_dowe
maybe there could be a separate pinned thread for "seeking DIY builders"

?
Jaytee
Maybe finding people to “do it for you” should just be considered off-topic in the “do it yourself” forum...
CaptainKlark
Jaytee wrote:
Maybe finding people to “do it for you” should just be considered off-topic in the “do it yourself” forum...

Imma keep it real with you chief,

This ain’t it.

-in all seriousness though, as someone who has bricked a few kits and has tried my best to learn to solder, I trust literally anyone else when it comes to non-manufacturer assembly. There’s lots of cool stuff that’s only available diy and there’s no reason to further restrict access to that artificially.

But yeah maybe the thread should be reserved for the builders to post not the people looking to post...
j_dowe
Jaytee wrote:

wouldn't that make this whole sticky off topic? isn't this essentially a 3+ year thread of "doing it for others?"
sduck
j_dowe wrote:
maybe there could be a separate pinned thread for "seeking DIY builders"

?

Yes there should be such a thing. I'll start one if no-one else does. Maybe not immediately, but soon...
Jaytee
j_dowe wrote:
Jaytee wrote:

wouldn't that make this whole sticky off topic? isn't this essentially a 3+ year thread of "doing it for others?"

That’s the joke, yes.

Edit: But on a more serious note, I’m just pointing out the same problem the previous couple of posters have pointed out. This thread is meant to be a place for DIYers to offer their services to those who are unable to DIY for whatever reason. People begging to nobody in particular to have stuff built for them isn’t really germane to this topic, and drowns out the comments from people who are actually trying to use this thread as intended.

I’m honestly not sure how I feel about a thread dedicated to asking people to build things for you. Judging from how this thread has ended up, it seems like it would be something of an echo chamber. Are any builders actually going through this thread actively looking for projects to take on?
sduck
Here - try this one: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207251

And yes, it has the potential to be kind of a black hole, unless people who can actually build things and are willing to do so check in there once in a while. We'll see how this works out.
synthetek
Jaytee wrote:

I’m honestly not sure how I feel about a thread dedicated to asking people to build things for you. Judging from how this thread has ended up, it seems like it would be something of an echo chamber. Are any builders actually going through this thread actively looking for projects to take on?

I have responded to people that were looking and have ended up building things for them, they just never post that found someone or aren't looking anymore. seriously, i just don't get it
GroundGrown
Hi Everyone!

I would be happy to build modules for people. Both of my modular systems are nearly completely DIY. I am very comfortable with both thru-hole and SMD. Provided the board and BOM, I can even source parts if needed. I also have experience troubleshooting/repairing a large variety of synths.

Located in Pittsburgh, PA.
breadman
Might as well throw my hat in the ring here! Been building for about six years, comfortable with SMD and through hole, happy to source parts.

I have built a lot of Random Source Serge stuff in the last year so I know my way around those quite well.
oppositaer
if you need experienced builders in italy or southern europe then you can ask to me..
i am building since three years DIY eurorack modules, arduino based synths, pedals, LED projects and so on..

as far as now my eurorack builds :
SSSR LABS Kotelnikov
Erica Synths Polivoks EG, VCF II, Swamp, VCO II, Midi to CV
EPIPHAN
I'm based in Bochum, Germany and I've collected quite a bit of experience in the last few years conbsidering analog circuits.
Currently I'm only able to build through hole stuff but soon I'll upgrade my set up to do SMD.
Later I will post about a build I'm building at the moment.
Doublecoolbossman
Anyone interested in building a rasteri sc1000 for me? All of it..

Located in US.

https://github.com/rasteri/SC1000.

Holler
sduck
try asking here... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207251
bhmcc
Just wanted add to the praises for corpusjonsey. He fixed my X0X Heart in just a few days. Great communication, great price and now the module sounds awesome! Highly recommended!
Jaytee
I am open to building through-hole projects for anyone looking. (I don’t mind occasional SMT when an otherwise all-THT project demands it, but I’m not looking to build stuff like Ornament and Crime or MI modules.)

Have built big stuff like TTSH, MB-6582, GILBERT, along with other various smaller projects for my personal gear collection. Can provide reference on request.

Located in Massachusetts USA.
Edouard
Hello experienced builders,

I've sourced and soldered all the components on a Branches PCB, and I have successfully compiled the firmware and bootloader using the Vagrant Mutable Instruments development environment virtual machine, but I haven't been able to upload the bootloader and firmware on it.

My Olimex AVR ISP MKII was recognized by both AVRFuses on Mac and Atmel Studio 7 on Windows, and I had used jumper wires to convert the 10-pin ISP port to the 6-pin one used on the Branches PCB. The problem is just that it cannot connect to the Atmega88p, whether the board is Eurorack-powered or not.

While I've successfully built dozens of DIY modules, this one was the one with the most SMD 603 so I can't be sure that the soldering is perfect or that I haven't damaged some component with too much heat.

I've compared the voltages captured by my multimeter with the ones planned on the board schematic and could not find an unwanted bridge. I've just noticed that the two electrolytic capacitors, the one at +12V before the voltage regulator and the one at +5V after the voltage regulator get quite hot on the side very quickly after powering the board, I'm not sure if it's normal.

I've lost enough time on this thing to let it go, so I'd like to hire someone, if possible in Europe for easy shipment, to fix my panel and most importantly let me know what my mistake was.

Waiting for a charitable soul help
climbingtyler
Hi everyone!

I work for WMD (5-years and counting) and am looking for extra work to do on the side to help me catch up on some debt and get back on track.

I have tons of experience from WMD doing through hole and SMT (down to 0402 size) and am confident in my building skills. I also do all our repairs and troubleshooting so if you have a project you need help with I am always willing to give them a shot.

Kits I have built so far:

73-75 homebuilt
NAVA
uJove
Bastl grandPA
x0x heart
Gilbert

Cheers!
-Tyler
vladosh
. sorry deleted
nicholasgreen
I'm currently building a bunch of R*S 4x4 right now for myself and would be happy to build any of those for SF Bay Area wigglers. Specifically I'm in Oakland

nicholasryangreen@gmail.com
SampleGrinder
great idea!!! cool resource for finding someone in your country or even region
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 11