MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pt delay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Pt delay
knows
I just got a pt delay and it is blowing my mind! Great sounding delay!

And how is it I have never seen this section of the forum before?
a100user
PT is a great delay

We have been here for a while thumbs up
tron23
Congrats, you can not regret any Bug device, welcome! Guinness ftw!
indexofmetals
plenty of PT delay use here in all 3 versions the module and all 3 versions of the standalone box. the most used device I own.
VanEck
recently acquired a 2015 edition. really digging on it. definitely my favorite device utilizing the pt2399 chip, and i've owned a few.

my only minor criticisms would be that the delay time knob had a wider range, allowing to enter the glitch territories of the pt chip even without the need of cv. also cv inputs for the feedback, lowpass, and highpass filters, or even the mute switches, would be amazing... can imagine some crazy glitched out rhythms with creative use of gate sequences to trigger the feedback mute switch.
knows
I will surely be on the lookout for more bugbrand devices!
I have been liking the sounds coming out of the drum major box. But it is hard to tell if all the sound is coming just from one box or if people are using more than one or overdubbing or some such.
The modular stuff is great sounding too. I have been digging thru all of the videos and audio people have been posting in here and it seems like a great system!
Teach on people!
BananaPlug
knows wrote:
But it is hard to tell if all the sound is coming just from one box or if people are using more than one or overdubbing or some such.

Well, just to give you another data point, here's something uncomplicated with one DRM and the expander panel. Not doing a whole lot but anything percussive you here is from that DRM. There's echo on the drum and some shortwave (just because) but it's all one pass, just as it came out of the mixer. It's capable of much more especially with the expander but I'm kind of fond of this setup.
Beats and Tweets
sundog
VanEck wrote:
also cv inputs for the feedback, lowpass, and highpass filters, or even the mute switches, would be amazing... can imagine some crazy glitched out rhythms with creative use of gate sequences to trigger the feedback mute switch.

interesting thought and perhaps that could be the basis of a future 'deluxe' model in contrast to the 2015 standard delay?

however for me the lack of inputs plus the excellent panel design and lovely pots/knobs are also making this delay so damn playable. I'm finding that it demands to be wiggled. Perhaps lots of CV inputs could result in 'just another module' (admittedly nanners )
BugBrand
Yeah, I did wonder on the delay time (would be an easy change actually) but I felt you'd lose resolution at the main business end..
The digi-clicks when you have a DC CV (eg +5V) offset - yeah, nice, cluckety-times!

Had def. wondered about VCAs etc - yes, deluxe. (You know this 'Standard' version went through so many prototypes -- it would be much easier to do a new version now after the heavy-lifting design work has been done! Really, the PT chip does need nice circuit wrappings to make it shine and play nicest)

Playable effects.. well.. trying to tweak in another another 'effect staple' design at the moment - this DOES have 2 VCAs and VC for filtering...
knows
I am now experimenting, trying to find what shines in the feedback loop...
ear ear
knows wrote:

A phaser is pretty sweet...
soup
ear ear wrote:
knows wrote:

pitch shifter!
knows
soup wrote:
ear ear wrote:
knows wrote:

pitch shifter!

A phaser is the first thing I tried!
I do not have a pitch shifter anymore so I can't try that.
Filters and eq's are fun as well!
BugBrand
Bump for more in the shop.

I did get tempted to look into phasers last year - an old friend asked about that classic, the Mutron Biphase - did spend a couple of evenings looking over the approaches and thinking how I may do things.. Unfortunately haven't had time to even start on prototypes.
a100user
A BugBrand Phaser would be perfect as I use an old stomp box phaser in the feedback loop of the PT Delay.
tron23
a100user wrote:
A BugBrand Phaser would be perfect as I use an old stomp box phaser in the feedback loop of the PT Delay.

That would be awesome, I use a custom unknown built rack phaser right there but it has no cvs!
/\/\/\/
+1 on a Bug-Phase to complement the PT Delay... makes me think of these lush sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXTf76j3nWg

(dub starting at 3:34)
GryphonP3
We need more of these! Seriously my favorite delay at any price point. Hope to see a 2016 delay we're not worthy
BugBrand
I just ordered another run of panels to use up the last few PCBs I have. (only a handful - will likely do another PCB run in a month or two)

I do wonder about another design with more complexity, but it isn't likely anytime soon given all the other stuff going on.
a100user
BugBrand wrote:

I do wonder about another design with more complexity, but it isn't likely anytime soon given all the other stuff going on.

One day you'll realise that to mess with perfection is time better spent elsewhere!
otoskope
^ what he said - stopp messing around with great stuff, just produce them for a while and rest your mind while inventing that other new great stuff!

[Edit - this turned out to be my 1000th post!]
BugBrand
Bah, I'm not saying I'm going to ditch the current design - but can't get things like twin delays and some VCA bits out of my head! Though will probably realise that side in modular first.
knows
Stereo delay!
T. Jervell
I’ve been without a PT delay for a while (made a stupid decision a while ago), so when I finally got a new one yesterday I had to celebrate. Using the PT-delay as sound source. A simple sequence from a Korg SQ-1 into PT’s CV-input. Audio output from PT-Delay into a Space Case TE-1 cassette tape delay. Sorry about the sound quality and hum. Just moved to a new house, and the electrician hasn’t fixed grounding in my office/hobby-room yet. Had to use an old pigtronix as amp/loudspeaker.... so the the bad fidelity has NOTHING to do with the delays at play. They both sound AMAZING!!!! But you already knew that, didn’t you hihi
hank
Got mine today, tons of fun on guitar!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2