MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
Struggle
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Struggle wrote:
Ct5 seems to be in stock and I just ordered one. However, there are still people selling them for up to $800 in Reverb..am I missing something?

They only went back in stock last night/this morning, so many folk won't have noticed/realised. I can't see any for 800USD though. Got a link?

Oh wow, I guess my timing was good for once!

Get it while you can for only $800!!!
unexpectedbowtie
Holy moly.
smetak
This is a one-man gig and stocks vary wildly.

If you want one, really have to keep your eye on the ball - there might be a bit of a wait, but not that long - I, for one, live in the middle of the jungle, and was able to fetch a Ct5 a few years ago.

An interesting effect, but, frankly, nobody in his right mind would pay US$800 - an outrageous amount for a Ct5.
MindMachine
He just announced more are available two days ago.
anomie
It's heartening to see how quickly each batch sells out - it's great that there's a small manufacturer making money out of this - and a little depressing to see how many then end up on ebay or Reverb straight afterwards for multiples of the original price.

The crazy thing is that if it wasn't for the resellers and gougers, it's not that difficult to get one - follow Scott on Instagram, sign up to his mailing list, and be quick when he releases a new batch.
Scories
Let's interpretate these insane prices as some kind of an hommage to the great craftmanship of Scott @ Mtl Assembly. wink
MindMachine
anomie wrote:
It's heartening to see how quickly each batch sells out - it's great that there's a small manufacturer making money out of this - and a little depressing to see how many then end up on ebay or Reverb straight afterwards for multiples of the original price.

The crazy thing is that if it wasn't for the resellers and gougers, it's not that difficult to get one - follow Scott on Instagram, sign up to his mailing list, and be quick when he releases a new batch.

Same reason I've given up on a Cooper generation Loss.

Predatory capitalism hits the niche markets.
thetwlo
MindMachine wrote:

yeah, stopped paying attention/lost interest a while ago. due to this.
MrBiggs
MindMachine wrote:

You see the Chase Bliss Dark World? Half of it's based on the Cooper. A bunch of em on Reverb for $349. There's a few Generation Loss pedals on Reverb currently for $500 right now too. More than I'd pay but not $800 anyways.
wminor
They seem to be in stock a bit more reliably now. I just ordered one applause

https://mtlasm.com/product/count-to-5/
Prunesquallor
wminor wrote:
They seem to be in stock a bit more reliably now. I just ordered one applause

https://mtlasm.com/product/count-to-5/

Thanks, dude. I just scored one as well. thumbs up
dkcg
anomie wrote:

I doubt they're selling that quickly on reverb, especially the ones that are ridiculous prices. I think anyone who really wants one, finds out soon enough that he makes batches of these on a pretty regular basis, seems like 3-4 times a year, I have two and have never waited more than a couple months. The second one I bought lasted a couple weeks before he sold out.
Granny
ordered one which got shipped today. i hope it arrives in germany before xmas Eric Cartman
Granny
my pedal hangs at customs in frankfurt
anyone from germany has some experience with montreal assembly?

i bet it doesn't have a CE mark confused
Slothrop
I successfully got one through UK customs, so it should be okay. It took a while though - I suspected that there was a closet noise-freak in the customs team who got a guitar and amp out and took his time over checking that it was really an effects pedal...
Granny
good to hear!
germans are pretty petty, though Tinfoil Hat
GGW
I was curious about this, so I had a look and confirm that my ver.K does not have a CE mark or anything equivalent. A handy older Boss pedal has a CE mark. I wouldn't have guessed that it was necessary for a low power adapter device, so that was a learning experience.
Granny
i don't want to wake sleeping dogs and i just hope customs don't bother although its officially the rule in germany to have a ce sign

but i must say that if somebody sells something for some years and makes it possible to be bought from europe there should be a ce sign on the model to avoid unpleasant circumstances. if i would have known that before i might not have bought the pedal
smetak
I was to substitute my Count-to-5 for a new Red Panda Particle 2 - but lo and behold, the Particle 2, brand new and right out of the box, is completely dead.....no sound, no blinking lights, no nothing.....so, its heading directly to the manufacturer to see what gives.

Thus, the C-to-5 continues in the same spot on my pedal board for the time being......
Slothrop
So I've got one of these and really like it, but I primarily find myself using modes 1 and 3. Does anyone get much value out of mode 2 - the randomized looper thing - and if so, what do you do with it? I've never really found a context in which it's particularly useful...
Scories
Slothrop wrote:
So I've got one of these and really like it, but I primarily find myself using modes 1 and 3. Does anyone get much value out of mode 2 - the randomized looper thing - and if so, what do you do with it? I've never really found a context in which it's particularly useful...

In mode 3, green mode: When I have a nice overdubbed loop going on, I often switch to mode 2 for some kind of an alternate/randomized version of the loop.
MindMachine
Slothrop wrote:

Crazy stuttering vocals or drums through a reverb wash. Raise them up through a mix channel and then kill it (my mixer has kill switches). A ping pong echo adds to the weirdness.

This pedal is more of an instrument to me than an effect box. I keep it sitting at desk level. I don't think I've ever even strummed a guitar through it or had it on the floor. I am likely missing out.
Struggle
CT5 is $200 right now if anyone is interested https://mtlasm.com/product/count-to-5 Rockin' Banana!
mgscheue
You just cost me $200.
MindMachine
mgscheue wrote:
You just cost me $200.

That is a steal.

Last night I mixed voice and Yamaha Reface CS through it in a blend. Strange. Put my new little Roland TR-08 into it and made some great rhythms.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 15 of 16