MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fuck YEAH - Wiard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Fuck YEAH - Wiard
chamomileshark
Nelson Baboon wrote:
my new joystick controller arrived yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to play with it last night. Quite striking in appearance, it is indeed.

The color is lighter than my other modules though.

My controller (old type) is darker than the other modules. The world is indeed full of suprises.
drumsofd00m
rico loverde wrote:
Welcome back Nelson? Did you get a 300 system?

Hah, and guess whose! Save for your Omni, which I happily own now as you know.

@Nelson - welcome back!

Some surprises indeed, lately.
m0rb1d
Have you started the Wiard Zen Exercise aka navigating the old yahoo group? Tons of great information buried in there.
Nelson Baboon
ah - good idea. I noticed that it appeared to be dead now, but didn't actually read any of the posts. I do have a copy of the 'tips and tricks' which I think came from there originally (?).
thesnow
Look forward to hearing what you do with your 300 system NB
Nelson Baboon
me too. I'll post something here when I get something I like. Just pretty much rudimentary experiments thus far. The little deformer works very well with it. I'm also thinking (if I have enough spare $) of getting an overstayer saturator to dedicate to it.
Nelson Baboon
but I feel very lucky right now - to have picked this up recently, and to have scored the fenix 2&3 a year or 2 ago. I don't even think about these other systems anymore. And + ciat lonbarde....ah. things are just getting better.
carygrace
chamomileshark wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

The color is lighter than my other modules though.

My controller (old type) is darker than the other modules. The world is indeed full of suprises.

Unfortunately anodised colours are practically impossible to match between batches anyway, and the 311C panels were made by my new vendor in England, while the module panels I'm still using were manufactured in the USA. My understanding is that in addition to the differences caused by variations in dye and process from vendor to vendor and even from batch to batch, different batches/types of metal stock affect how the colour takes, and this is something that not even the anodiser has much control over.

Theoretically, new stuff I manufacture from now on (excluding the old panels which I have not yet used up), should be more consistent with the colour of the 311C, but I'm afraid I don't have a magic solution to make everything match perfectly between batches. I think it is ultimately worth a little bit of shade variation to continue to make everything blue though ! :-)
Nelson Baboon
oh, believe me, it isn't a problem. I just was curious about it. The module looks great!
carygrace
Nelson Baboon wrote:
oh, believe me, it isn't a problem. I just was curious about it. The module looks great!

Glad you like it!
freeyerheel
im not sure it matters what synth you use, everything ive listened to of yours seems like it has your stamp regardless. seems like you could make it work with just about any synth. i understand the ergonomics of an instrument and the feel of how it patches ect... layout, all important things of coarse- but what counts is a hearty welcome back! looking forward to hear some new sound clouds or recordings of whats been cookin in yer basement!
thesnow
different hues add some character

m0rb1d
Mmm you are so right, that's beautiful.

Here's a good place to start on the Yahoo group Nelson, it's all of Grant's posts on there.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wiardgroup/search/messages?advance =true&am=CONTAINS&at=email:grantrichter2001@&dm=IS_ANY&fs=false&count= 10
drumsofd00m
thesnow wrote:

Agreed. My system (spanning 15 years) looks like a worn-in blue jeans plus a couple patches. I like it.
Nelson Baboon
drumsofd00m wrote:
thesnow wrote:

Agreed. My system (spanning 15 years) looks like a worn-in blue jeans plus a couple patches. I like it.

yeah. the effect is nice. it is 'anti-corporate', much like the sound
plord
Nelson Baboon wrote:
ah - good idea. I noticed that it appeared to be dead now, but didn't actually read any of the posts. I do have a copy of the 'tips and tricks' which I think came from there originally (?).

It did, 100%. I attempted to capture every patch description or "how this works" info from Grant.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2