MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New OTO Machines boxes.... any word on release?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author New OTO Machines boxes.... any word on release?
rockreid
OTO has not updated their Facebook page in months and the homepage is just a splash screen with no info. Anyone know what is going on? I've been pining for the new Delay that was supposed to be released according to FB but here we are in Feb with no news.
h4ndcrafted
There is another thread with various people asking this for ages. Think we would of seen them by now if it was actually going to happen personally.

here is the other thead by no more info from a brief scan.
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1491447&sid=d38696d6 53fc0b489d4f44ff7b0c14ab
MATSmile
It's going to happened sooner or later, just give man some time.
sonicmayhem
From what i know, the delay unit BIM is like 2 weeks away. I already paid for mine a few weeks back. It was quite expensive, around 400 euros I think. My guess is their first batch of units are already gone but if you want one you should email them. They respond pretty quickly.
grillo
Here's a link to a pdf i found on the page of my local hardware dealer. Bim is indeed listed at 449 and just weeks away.

z3r01
OTO Machine's reply (on FaceBook), to someone who was asking about the release date, yesterday:

We are building the first batch of BIM right now (and we are also preparing a video !). A new website with more infos should be online this month.
sonicmayhem
Here's Denis last email after I asked when they will ship:

"We have all the parts to build BIMs, except the metal casing !
The quality of the silkscreen was bad, and we had to send them back to the factory. We should get them back at the end of the week, and we'll build your BIM as soon as possible.

I'm sorry for the delay (...and I hope you won't be sorry by the Delay !!)"

Ah French humor smile
h4ndcrafted
Ah that's great then, just saw the thread was from 2012.
sonicmayhem
Hey guys

Figured some might be interested.

Denis from OTO had just emailed me that my BIM has been shipped! So i suppose that means they are ready to go. FYI
Barlov
On a completely unrelated tangent I'm pretty gutted that they've discontinued the Biscuit.
Barfunkel
Barlov wrote:
On a completely unrelated tangent I'm pretty gutted that they've discontinued the Biscuit.

I'm under the impression that it's because some parts weren't available anymore.
Barlov
I'm assuming the Boum is supposed to be Biscuit 2 in a way?
MATSmile
Barlov wrote:

It more like distortion pedal then bitcrusher.
soup
MATSmile wrote:
Barlov wrote:

It more like distortion pedal then bitcrusher.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything in it like the 8bit multi-fx engine which is the best part of the biscuit for me. But even though no more are being made I'm pretty sure you can still buy one new from retailers.
joey
I hope these effects use less button combinations. I couldn't deal with / memorize what was where when I had the biscuit.
sonicmayhem
Barlov wrote:

Its not. Bim, is a true Analog Delay.

Here's the original press release text:

BIM - Poetic Repeater
12-bit delay (up to 2 seconds in stereo) with modulation (several waveforms available), separate hipass & lowpass filters for the delay signal and the feedback path, extra FXs (Reverse, Flanger, Dual Head, Distortion,...).
True 12-bit converters, filters, compander & feedback paths are analog for a very warm and grainy sound.
TAP and FREEZE function. Delay can be synced to MIDI Clock.

BAM - Space Generator
Digital reverberator inspired by the early 80's 16-bit units (EMT250, Lexicon 224,...). Several algorithms including Halls, Rooms, Space, weirdos, springs, resonators...
Predelay is up to 1 second. A "Drive" pot let you distort the input of the reverb.

BOUM - Warming Unit
Analog Compressor with tube emulation, octave, soft and hard distortion, followed by a 3 mode-2 pole Biscuit filter.
The compressor have Mode, Attack and Release settings.
An envelope generator (normal or inverse) let's you create envelope filters or envelope levelers.
The distortion circuit is specially designed for synths, loops, drums,...and keeps the dynamic of the signal.
blinosynth
seems a little expensive
although the features of the delay are awesome
Barlov
Compressor, distortion and a filter with envelope. Sold.
Pase
I'm curios to hear/see an official demonstration of these products Guinness ftw!
burnn_out!
Just waiting on boum. Curious about the bam but definitely sold on boum
YellowBlood
Can't wait to try these beauties out! SlayerBadger!
sonicmayhem
Pase wrote:
I'm curios to hear/see an official demonstration of these products Guinness ftw!

Yes i would like have to see hear BAM before i purchased it but i owned one of the very first Biscuit's and its so good that really anything these guys do i'd buy blindly.

However, i think they should market their stuff a little bit better. Pics are fun but since bam is done, there should be a teaser video of some sort. Also their website is pretty much empty. I realize its a niche product but still, creating solid info page on your website is a must, iMO.
bartlebooth
my BIM showed up in the mail today..i didn't get much time with it yet but first impressions are favorable - it seems pretty easy to achieve a wide range of sounds, its built like a tank, and i really like the freeze feature (loops what's in the buffer while live input layers on top). the display/navigation system is a little odd but becomes quick once you get the hang of it. saving/changing/recalling presets is a snap and I much prefer the BIM's soft-touch buttons rather than toggles / stomp switch for bypass or to switch modes. I haven't even tried the stereo features yet but so far i'm impressed.
sonicmayhem

Finally, it has arrived. smile #0019
sneak-thief
sonicmayhem wrote:

Its not. Bim, is a true Analog Delay.

Since when does an analog delay have (12-bit) analog to digital and digital to analog converters?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13