MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

last big frac pics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author last big frac pics
Muff Wiggler
well, about to pull out about a third of my system to ship off to dubchild, so I figured I would take some last pics.

the only pics i've ever taken that show all 18 fracs completely full.

eyehue
always loved pics of your fracs...

i remember seeing those ribbon controllers on ebay before. does that guy still make & sell them? do you like them? seemed pretty rugged and eye-pleasing for only $100.
Roycie Roller
Looks like a mad, insane, black science lab! It's hard to get an idea of what 166 modules (is that what you have?...errr, had?) looks like until you see it in the flesh. Have fun packing, and super congratulations to it's new owner! smile
edit- i noticed you hit 2500 posts with this topic. Is there anything in that? u Might wanna check yer speedometer!
smile
Muff Wiggler
so, here's some pics of the 'damage' hihi

after pulling these 32 modules out....

and then boxing them up....

here's how things look for the ol' frac of doom...

not too bad, eh?

here's a crazy thing that I just realized taking these pics... for all the insane number of modules over here still (currently 97 in total), I have, sitting here, unused, 3.5 racks worth of eurorack housing AND power... and... 4 racks worth of frac housing AND power.

Un-used.

kinda scary really. How's that for crazy temptation? All this empty rack space and unused power....hmmm... Guinness ftw!
Moog$FooL$
oh well, all good things must come to pass! or something to that effect??

someone's getting a great 32 module frac rig!! it even has some discontinued & hard to find modules! SlayerBadger!

craziest of all, i think u still have at least one of everything!! 8)

beautiful pics.
Kwote
i'd say put the 300 series in part of that space but then that would be stating the obvious and well i just said it anyway so whatever confused
Muff Wiggler
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
someone's getting a great 32 module frac rig!! it even has some discontinued & hard to find modules! SlayerBadger!

yep! our own forum member dubchild is getting it SlayerBadger!

and it has ALL the discontinued modules. Time Machine, Dark Star, Freq Divider, QuadMix VCA (x2), Final Filtre, Klang Werk, Dual Filter....

in fact, it has EVERY Blacet module EVER, except for Hex Zone, Mini Wave, Window Comparator and Dual Linear VCA (all of which are still in production).

Moog$FooL$ wrote:
craziest of all, i think u still have at least one of everything!! 8)

this is true oops although it would be crazier if I didn't!! Imagine letting go of my last Time Machine?? I've gone from 3 of them to 1, but I'm hanging onto that last one...
Muff Wiggler
Kwote wrote:
i'd say put the 300 series in part of that space but then that would be stating the obvious and well i just said it anyway so whatever confused

hihi lol
Muff Wiggler
Roycie Roller wrote:
Looks like a mad, insane, black science lab! It's hard to get an idea of what 166 modules (is that what you have?...errr, had?) looks like until you see it in the flesh. Have fun packing, and super congratulations to it's new owner! smile
edit- i noticed you hit 2500 posts with this topic. Is there anything in that? u Might wanna check yer speedometer!
smile

i think the peak was 126 modules..... took away 32 but then added 5 immediately.... at 97 now, so i'm not sure if that math adds up, but it was something like that, the 97 is for sure

and i didn't notice at all about the 2500 posts! thanks for pointing that out, pretty cool

it's true, I do post a lot. But, don't forget, I've been posting here longer than any of you guys hihi
Muff Wiggler
the truth is i do feel the need to post a bit, to keep things happening and fresh here. I know you guys are all fine on your own, but (and perhaps this is a false observation and i've fooled myself or am looking for something that isn't there or at a coincidence), but I've noticed that when I don't post for a couple of days (busy busy), the forum slows down. When I make a lot of posts, it speeds up.

I really (like, REALLY REALLY REALLY) like the fact that so many people come to check out this forum every day. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do. So I try to do what I can to keep things moving, give people a reason to come back, start discussions or get them moving or whatever. And always trying to think of new ideas that make another cool reason to come here, like the possible Virtual DIY Workshop. Stuff like that. I sorta feel I owe you guys.
Moog$FooL$
Muff Wiggler wrote:
the truth is i do feel the need to post a bit, to keep things happening and fresh here. I know you guys are all fine on your own, but (and perhaps this is a false observation and i've fooled myself or am looking for something that isn't there or at a coincidence), but I've noticed that when I don't post for a couple of days (busy busy), the forum slows down. When I make a lot of posts, it speeds up.

I really (like, REALLY REALLY REALLY) like the fact that so many people come to check out this forum every day. I don't know why I like it so much, but I do. So I try to do what I can to keep things moving, give people a reason to come back, start discussions or get them moving or whatever. And always trying to think of new ideas that make another cool reason to come here, like the possible Virtual DIY Workshop. Stuff like that. I sorta feel I owe you guys.

well thank you very much for providing, Mr. Muff!
i for one really appreciate your site, after watching for some time i finally decided to register & partake.
this site has been a wealth of info & FUN w00t
this site is probably one of the main reasons i've finally gotten into modular synths (however; slowly).
it's obvious MANY others are happy here & things will only get better.
Muff Wiggler
eyehue wrote:

i remember seeing those ribbon controllers on ebay before. does that guy still make & sell them? do you like them? seemed pretty rugged and eye-pleasing for only $100.

oh yeah, sorry i missed this question! I love them, absolutely great. Lots of fun to ride a voltage up and down, but I'll be honest that my favorite thing to do is trigger drums by tapping them

love 'em.... a steal for the $90 he was asking or whatever. He signed up at the forum here and made a few posts, but has been quiet lately and I haven't seen any new controllers up for sale...
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:

I really (like, REALLY REALLY REALLY) like the fact that so many people come to check out this forum every day....

i need something to do between drinking and beating the kids ...
D/A A/D
ross g wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:

I really (like, REALLY REALLY REALLY) like the fact that so many people come to check out this forum every day....

i need something to do between drinking and beating the kids ...

Straight up...
eyehue
so, anyone got info on those ribbon controllers?
D/A A/D
eyehue wrote:
so, anyone got info on those ribbon controllers?

A dude makes and sells them on ebay.
eyehue
yea, i know. i posted that earlier on this thread. they've not been on ebay for a while. so, was wondering if the guy was still around and if Muff liked the controller.
Muff Wiggler
sorry i've been quiet, in the middle of travelling to Brainerd MN (for those of you that saw the very fine film "Fargo")

i saw the last posts and scratched my head, I SWEAR i remember answering the ribbon question last night. I thought perhaps I had done the 'preview but not post' thing again.

but nope, sure enough, I answered it on the previous page of this thread...

Muff Wiggler wrote:
eyehue wrote:

oh yeah, sorry i missed this question! I love them, absolutely great. Lots of fun to ride a voltage up and down, but I'll be honest that my favorite thing to do is trigger drums by tapping them

love 'em.... a steal for the $90 he was asking or whatever. He signed up at the forum here and made a few posts, but has been quiet lately and I haven't seen any new controllers up for sale...

cheers 8)
eyehue
shit, sorry about that.

does he have a site? anyone else have ribbon controllers? maybe i should start another thread cuz reading around all those fracs of modules is clearly making my eyes crossed.
eyehue
jesus, now i found the old thread too. i swear i searched for this the other day and didn't find it.

d'oh! very frustrating d'oh! very frustrating

i should start drinking again.

Guinness ftw!
Kwote
Muff Wiggler
heh. exactly. I'm living it this very moment.
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
heh. exactly. I'm living it this very moment.

stay away from the wood chipper ...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1