MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alternate tuning in a quantizer module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Alternate tuning in a quantizer module
kindredlost
Carlos beta on the new Q172 Quantizer Aid module from synthesizers.com
JohnLRice
I posted the same thing in your other thread about a minute earlier! thumbs up
kindredlost
Thanks John.

I knew you would be the first.

-David
Nelson Baboon
That software has been around for quite awhile, and works. but it is just applying pitchbend to midi notes.
kindredlost
droolmaster0 wrote:
That software has been around for quite awhile, and works. but it is just applying pitchbend to midi notes.

So what's your point?

The use of a stand alone quantizer module for the usual functions, but with custom scales is rather unique - don't you think?

The scale tuning is captured and retained after MIDI is disconnected. The tuning is retained after power down and up. This is a pretty neat trick.

-David
Nelson Baboon
kindredlost wrote:
droolmaster0 wrote:

So what's your point?

The use of a stand alone quantizer module for the usual functions, but with custom scales is rather unique - don't you think?

The scale tuning is captured and retained after MIDI is disconnected. The tuning is retained after power down and up. This is a pretty neat trick.

-David

oh - if the tuning is retained in the quantizer, then !!!!. I started watching the video, and didn't get that far, since it seemed to be simply a look at lmso.

So, to answer your question - that was my point.
kindredlost
Yeah, it might have been clearer if I had unplugged the MIDI cable from the Q172 Quantizer Aid module. Then it would have been evident the module was retaining the data.

-David
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1