MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

timewoarp
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author timewoarp
Kwote
http://www.kwotemusic.com/timewoarp.mp3

nuts

scozbor
bastardo! thats great!

i'd really like to know why blacet stopped making these. seems like loads of people will still buy one or 2! me included...
Kwote
scozbor wrote:
bastardo! thats great!

i'd really like to know why blacet stopped making these. seems like loads of people will still buy one or 2! me included...

too hard to source the parts. just like everything else that gets discontinued.
Cat-A-Tonic
That is a great sounding delay!
Nice demo as usual. Sequenced on the Hex?
Thanks for posting so much audio Kwote. It really helps out with consumer decisions, patch ideas, and general inspiration.

Quote:

It really is too bad that he can't just raise the retail price to make up for the scarcity of parts. It would probably keep the price down on the used market too. On the other hand, maybe it is good for business to have a couple of retired products that are difficult to get so that it bolsters your name for the products you have available now and in the future.

I am really hoping that the Super Quad VCA isn't the only new module of 2009. He also mentioned a possible VC Digital Delay. It would kick ass to have a competitor to the Tyme Sefari in Frac, but I am sure Blacet's would be really different anyhow. 8)
.....I wonder if it is possible to modify the EH 16 Second for CV?....
johnnymad
nice demo kwote. i know these are discontinued, but how often do they pop up for sale?
Kwote
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
That is a great sounding delay!
Nice demo as usual. Sequenced on the Hex?
Thanks for posting so much audio Kwote. It really helps out with consumer decisions, patch ideas, and general inspiration.

Quote:

It really is too bad that he can't just raise the retail price to make up for the scarcity of parts. It would probably keep the price down on the used market too. On the other hand, maybe it is good for business to have a couple of retired products that are difficult to get so that it bolsters your name for the products you have available now and in the future.

I am really hoping that the Super Quad VCA isn't the only new module of 2009. He also mentioned a possible VC Digital Delay. It would kick ass to have a competitor to the Tyme Sefari in Frac, but I am sure Blacet's would be really different anyhow. 8)
.....I wonder if it is possible to modify the EH 16 Second for CV?....

i have mixed feelings but i still would like a simpler homebrewed modular delay and time machine inspires that so i'm cool. i'm gonna source the chips pretty soon and start brainstorming from there. as it stands now the TM is so highly coveted and valuable to me that i probably wouldn't take it out the studio. and also as i touched on in my other thread i prefer simplicity for certain applications.

if i manage to diy a modular delay, i'll be doing atleast a few of them and will have no problem taking one out to jam or on stage. that's why a half space delay would be so sicc. if i could cram that into a 4u case and toss in a simple wave mult i'd be totally fuckin killin it on the turntable.
Kwote
johnnymad wrote:
nice demo kwote. i know these are discontinued, but how often do they pop up for sale?

not often. last year when i first was wanting one(and this is almost exactly a year ago) they were poppin up atleast once a month and were still close to what they sold for before Blacet pulled the plug. as time has gone on though they pop up less and for more. i'd say once or twice every two months tops and usually for close to or over 500 bucks. i was lucky as i made an offer that is below current market value and the dood sellin it said no problem!!
johnnymad
crap. sometimes i wish i would have gotten into modulars earlier. there's all these cool modules that are discontinued due to rarity of ics and i can't afford to drop big bucks on any of them right now.
Kwote
johnnymad wrote:
crap. sometimes i wish i would have gotten into modulars earlier. there's all these cool modules that are discontinued due to rarity of ics and i can't afford to drop big bucks on any of them right now.

yes but you're a budding diy cat. you'll be just fine. that's part of the joy of diy. knowing you can create your own custom gear once you start mastering your craft. my advice is if you can't afford to drop heavy on mods just start droppin as often as possible on any through hole parts you think you'll have the slightest chance of using right now and in the future. then when through hole starts falling off the face of the planet you'll be in the perfect position.

that's basically my plan.
johnnymad
yeah. i think i'm diyed out though. i've built 12 modules since late may/june. i think i'll take a break for a while. Coffee Addiction FTW
Kwote
johnnymad wrote:
yeah. i think i'm diyed out though. i've built 12 modules since late may/june. i think i'll take a break for a while. Coffee Addiction FTW

oh yeah. i'm not saying be 100% DIY. but you don't have to build what you buy. just stockpile it all. then when you feel the itch you can just dive right back in.

i've put off the dual chime for ages even though i have basically everything i need. too many good prices for used modules coming up and i've been all over that shit.

but i can't wait til i've gotten all my kicks out of assembled module land. then it'll be all about diy. if i get bored i've got plenty of other things to keep me busy. like.. actually using my modules. hihi
felix
Wow that's awesome. Do you know what the maximum number of BBD stages that has, or the max delay time?

I really like the Doepfer A-188-2 that I picked up recently, but it doesn't have a very long max delay time...not unless you want to hear the BBD clock in with your signal.
Kwote
felix wrote:
Wow that's awesome. Do you know what the maximum number of BBD stages that has, or the max delay time?

I really like the Doepfer A-188-2 that I picked up recently, but it doesn't have a very long max delay time...not unless you want to hear the BBD clock in with your signal.

i believe it's 2 seconds.
felix
DAMN! And it's analog!?! Or is it digital?
futuresoundsystems
Whoa, I can see why so many people are after this module... I love my delays too. confused
Kent
This is a GREAT time to be into modular synthesis! The choices are mind-numbing. SlayerBadger!
Kwote
felix wrote:
DAMN! And it's analog!?! Or is it digital?

analog!! i don't think it would be worth what it is if it wasn't. probably would still be in production. but there's rumors of digi delay coming out from blacet within the next year.

honestly 2 seconds is too much for my tastes but still very frickin cool.

okay i just double checked the manual,

"Sophisticated tracking filters allow variable bandwith delays from 10ms to 2 S"

http://blacet.com/TMmanualBasic.pdf
Kwote
Kent wrote:
This is a GREAT time to be into modular synthesis! The choices are mind-numbing. SlayerBadger!

we're in the golden age as muff so greatly put it.

get em while they're red hot or die trying. SlayerBadger!
johnnymad
Kent wrote:

i think so too. i'm sure all the discontinued modules will be replaced with better ones..hopefully. there's just a few modules that seem really cool but might be nearly impossible to get a hold of...unless selling first born children is involved. eek!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1