MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

video sampling
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author video sampling
parome
I have no experience with video modules at all, so excuse my probably ignorant questions.

I wanted to do something video that integrated with my eurorack system in some way. I'd be most interested (to begin with) something that would essentially be a video sampler. Are there any video modules that are the equivalent to make noise phonogene but for video?

Something that has the ability to load or record a clip and then manipulate it manually or by the use of cv?
Matos
Nope. Nothing like that currently exists. Best thing I can think of is a cv to midi module controlling software.
parome
Bummer. I don't know how technically difficult it would be to design something like but seems like a neat idea.

A 'videogene' with similar controls but video instead of audio would be amazing.
lizlarsen
We'll be developing something pretty much exactly like what you're describing later on this Summer. It should be really fun, especially recursive/feedback effects between input and output!
timtam
lizlarsen wrote:
We'll be developing something pretty much exactly like what you're describing later on this Summer. It should be really fun, especially recursive/feedback effects between input and output!

we're not worthy Dead Banana we're not worthy we're not worthy Dead Banana MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Cat-A-Tonic
Matos wrote:
Nope. Nothing like that currently exists. Best thing I can think of is a cv to midi module controlling software.

well...
Korg Kaptivator, and Edirol P-10 cover parts of what the OP is asking for,
but not with CV.
ObfuscatedVisuals
lizlarsen wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!
ObfuscatedVisuals
lizlarsen wrote:

any updates on this?
Nino
wow missed that one. excited now hyper
nerdware

I guess it's been in development for a while. Mr. Green
ObfuscatedVisuals
nerdware wrote:

I guess it's been in development for a while. Mr. Green

That's cool.. guess I'm still hoping for some kind of actual "video sampler".

I recall coming across someone else's open source plans for a modular video system last year that had plans for a moving video buffer..
nerdware
If you want a full, multi-frame sampler, I can recommend the Roland/Edirol P-10. You can still find them on eBay.
ObfuscatedVisuals
nerdware wrote:
If you want a full, multi-frame sampler, I can recommend the Roland/Edirol P-10. You can still find them on eBay.

I have one.. imo it's really only best for prepared clips rather than sampling on the fly (partly because the quality of what it samples is pretty bad) and of course it's not CV friendly
nerdware
Yeah, I'd love a proper sampling module. Even a CV-controlled SD card playback module would be great. E.g. CV-controlled start and end loop points, speed etc. However, I don't yet feel a need for sampling within the module. YMMV, of course.
ObfuscatedVisuals
nerdware wrote:
Yeah, I'd love a proper sampling module. Even a CV-controlled SD card playback module would be great. E.g. CV-controlled start and end loop points, speed etc. However, I don't yet feel a need for sampling within the module. YMMV, of course.

I guess I could just give in to the use of laptops and probably accomplish live video sampling that way.. d'oh!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1