MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge Modular by RandomSource [DSG goes XL...]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Serge Modular by RandomSource [DSG goes XL...]
nordlead
UPDATE: new Serge modules available (limited stock!) - see this post

====================================

... coming soon ... It's peanut butter jelly time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fycD-vVaq_4
weinglas
You are killing me! This is a perfect teaser video we're not worthy
nordlead
weinglas wrote:
You are killing me! This is a perfect teaser video we're not worthy

Guinness ftw! Thanks, weinglas - much appreciated!! Guinness ftw!
MechaSeb
Great teasing indeed.
Looking forward to seeing the whole modules !!
nordlead
Thanks, MechaSeb! thumbs up

Here's a pic of the first one - Dual Slopes + CV-Pro (also exploring a new color scheme here...:

wavecircle
Wow, fully custom panels once again!

Are you going to have everything?
nordlead
wavecircle wrote:
Wow, fully custom panels once again!

Are you going to have everything?

Thanks! thumbs up This will happen step by step and development / prototyping / testing takes time, so there will not be everything at once. But hopefully soon enough for some serious Rockin' Banana! w00t
sundog
I know RS already produce diy serge....so just to confirm...are these new panels going to be sold assembled?

btw great video
dan_p
This looks very interesting, as above, are these to be ready assembled?

That XL boat looks great too, hmm, pair of those loaded with Serge goodies would be super nice!!
Scories
I'm pretty sure I'll buy you some modules eventually. I just love the overall concept.
I hope you will get the SSG/QVCF combo and a X-fader VCA + NComp/pulse-divider, eventually...

I'll be in touch! thumbs up
Soviet Space Child
Excellent! Very much looking forward to seeing more about this.
mothertongue
Awesome! This is fun!

Great video, although I have to say that I am still saving for your current products. Can't wait for the new things! The People's Synth, yeah!

Totally righteous.
Soviet Space Child
Will these boats be compatible with STS power supplies? Also, for the purpose of rack mounting, is it possible to have the power connectors be located in the back of the boat?
Federico
This is killer.

One thing us Serge users really need is a midi to cv converter and a quantizer for our TKB's. Please make those!
Kernelkunt
Very exciting! I would also like to know if these are going to be sold assembled.

Also, if they are to be sold assembled, which price range will they fall into?
Soviet Space Child
Federico wrote:
This is killer.

One thing us Serge users really need is a midi to cv converter and a quantizer for our TKB's. Please make those!

Yes please! I have a small Modcan system which consists of a MIDI->CV, Quantizer, Lopass Gates, and other modules which compliment my Serge system. It would be nice to consolidate all of this functionality into one format.

Also, as long as you are iterating on the look of these modules, would it be possible to source panels with inverted graphics, i.e. black plates with aluminum text? I've always wanted a black Serge. nanners
Gringo Starr
Federico wrote:
a quantizer for our TKB's. Please make those!

I second that. That would be awesome.

A kick ass quantizer as versatile as the Modcan 55A in Serge format would be absolutely incredible. But I'd be happy with any quantizer that could take care of the TKB.
Soviet Space Child
Gringo Starr wrote:
Federico wrote:
a quantizer for our TKB's. Please make those!

I second that. That would be awesome.

A kick ass quantizer as versatile as the Modcan 55A in Serge format would be absolutely incredible. But I'd be happy with any quantizer that could take care of the TKB.

The Random*Source facebook page has a 2d raster image of a Clee Quantizer, so maybe we'll get our wish.
nordlead
Thanks for your feedback, guys! Guinness ftw!

There've been quite a few requests regarding complete modules and that's the plan. w00t

The DSG will be the first board in SMT (made in Germany with some fancy parts and nice details) and will be offered as either a kit (front panel + pcbs) or a complete module. Prices are not determined yet, but for a complete working module we aim at around EUR 500 / USD 500-550), which would translate to about EUR 2000+ / USD 2200-2400 to fill a panel (= 4 modules). The kit will not include pots, switches, banana jacks etc. but should allow someone with a bit of soldering experience to assemble a module in 1-2 hours. The kit price will therefore be lower, of course.

The next modules are already in the pipeline :-)

Not everything will be SMT from the start, though - so some modules will be Through-hole and will be offered as DIY kits and ideally also as complete modules in a limited number.

Either way, quality is crucial and we are not willing to cut any corners to be able to ship anything sooner, so please hang on a bit.

Re the RandomSource boats: the XLR cutout is optional, each boat also has a round cutout in the back for rack mounting or alternative access. Moreover, depending on your rack, you might be able to use a 90 degrees / rectangular Neutrik-connector even in a rack - that connector needs appr. 1" of space (works here). Boats are fully compatible with any existing Serge panels (STS). To use the XLR with our PSD, however, please check module depth / space - the PSD solution is really intended to be used under one of our shallow modules (with component pcb).

Got quite a few requests for the Clee Quantizer - the Clee quantizer front panel will be included in the next set of panels that go into production. screaming goo yo
The panel is designed for Craig's pcb (version 2, should also work with version 1) and has to be hand-wired - there will be no component pcbs due to space constraints. I'm not very familiar with the TKB so I don't know if there are any special requirements and to what extent the Clee version covers them. The quantizer panel will be offered as front panel only (or together with Craig's version 2 pcb to facilitate shipping). Price will be around EUR 35 for the 4U panel alone and around EUR 60 for front panel + quantizer pcb v2. If definitely interested in the quantizer panel, please send me an email - that makes planning much easier. thumbs up

(let me know if I forgot to answer any question!)
phisynth
Awesome work thumbs up

Nice to see a solid European alternative for the serge fans applause
Vsyevolod
Beautiful work Ralf!

This is a most amazing job you've taken on and if the quality remains as high as your previous offerings, this will be a serious contender to STS, especially since it's priced much more reasonably.

Stephen

sersch
These look awesome – respect!
sascha.victoria
This stuff looks great!

My request is for a voltage controlled Res EQ!
Scories
An obelix replacement with extra processor would be swell as well, and potentially a popular option.
nordlead
Thanks for your kind feedback, guys! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

I'm very interested in what you'd like to see next. Guinness ftw!

Have to add a bit of a disclaimer, though: as our resources are limited, we won't be able to do everything (and especially not everything at once).

(... but there are some surprises ahead ... It's peanut butter jelly time!)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5