MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is this how Blacet typically runs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Is this how Blacet typically runs?
sgnhh
On the 7th of the month I put in a Paypal order with Blacet for a Miniwave+Socket Rocket, Rack, and PSU. I never received a tracking number for my shipment, never even received notification that it had been shipped. I emailed him today to ask when it would be shipped and he said it was shipped on the 17th and suggested I check with the post office. And he still didn't provide a tracking number.

So now I've got to figure out where the fuck it is. If the post doesn't leave a package for me, they leave a note saying they have it. I haven't seen such a note. Does he typically not include necessary information when processing orders? angry
Muff Wiggler
that's how they've always run in my experience. No notice of order received, no notice of order shipped, but typically things are shipped within 24 hours of your order.

And if you do email John, he will get back to you pretty fast to let you know when your shipment went out.

He ships by standard USPS, so it's sometimes a bit slow, and doesn't have tracking. But in my experience always arrives safe and sound.
consumed
i recently received a package for which no card/notice was left for me by the post office on the first attempt. the following week i got my "second" card from the PO.
Kwote
i've never had a problem ever. the only time something was slow was when i ordered the Klangwerk last year. but that wasn't a shipping issue. just lack of parts due to what i'm guessing was too many orders at once. i had to wait two months on that one.

everything else has been shipped within a week or less and i've ordered a decent amount of stuff from them so i'd say that's a pretty good record.
Cybananna
yea, same here. no notification. I did have to wait once because racks were out of stock, but it was only about a week extra.

i'd contact him again. I imagine he has his shipments insured. it can take two or more weeks from ship date if the post office has a hang up. (in the US, I didn't see where you are).

you shouldn' be out cash if the post office lost your stuff.
sgnhh
He sent it to my old address even though I specified for it come to the new one--d'oh! d'oh!

Guess I'm heading back to Ohio this weekend.
D/A A/D
sgnhh wrote:
He sent it to my old address even though I specified for it come to the new one--d'oh! d'oh!

See, that shit right there pisses me off BIGTIME!
Kwote
D/A A/D wrote:
sgnhh wrote:

why? it's a basic human error. the man runs a busy schedule. a rare fuckup is gonna happen to anyone.

here's hopin sgnhh's package is cool. and if not i'm sure John would gladly refund him.
D/A A/D
Kwote wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:
sgnhh wrote:

why? it's a basic human error. the man runs a busy schedule. a rare fuckup is gonna happen to anyone.

here's hopin sgnhh's package is cool. and if not i'm sure John would gladly refund him.

I ship for a living... It can be avoided. I have nothing against John at all.. Just so we are clear, mistakes like this are avoidable - especially when your dealing with this kind of volume. Just saying.
Kwote
that's cool. i'd be frustrated too. but to be really pissed is probably a bit much.

i've been shipping tons of records left and right since may or june. at this point easily close to 300 and 132 up for sale right now. only had a couple minor issues out of all that and it was unavoidable as far as i'm concerned.

s'all good though. what's your job D/A A/D?
D/A A/D
Kwote wrote:
that's cool. i'd be frustrated too. but to be really pissed is probably a bit much.

i've been shipping tons of records left and right since may or june. at this point easily close to 300 and 132 up for sale right now. only had a couple minor issues out of all that and it was unavoidable as far as i'm concerned.

I am the senior web coordinator for a homeopathic medical company.
Kwote
D/A A/D wrote:
Kwote wrote:

I am the senior web coordinator for a homeopathic medical company.

nice. i can see why you would take shipping so seriously. hats off to you sir.
Kent
At least the web coordination aspect is good and productive thing for society at large. I have ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING against you D/A A/D. Nothing at all. I just feel that Americans (which includes myself) need to speak up about matters of the world and we need to stop playing the 'we should all just get along' game.

Critical thought is required in the modern day.

I'm more than happy to take this to the Off-Topic section in order to get the thread on track if needed.
futuresoundsystems
Haha Tim Minchin's great, I've seen him twice now, third time later this year. w00t
sgnhh
Even though this went off-topic, here's an update:

Although it was shipped to the wrong address, I forgot that I filled out a form with USPS to have them forward any mail that goes to my old address to my new one. So I ended up actually receiving it yesterday afternoon.

Miniwave is really awesome, Socket Rocket expansion not so much, although a couple banks are neat. I think I'd rather get that secondary scale quantizer chip.
Kwote
sgnhh wrote:
Even though this went off-topic, here's an update:

Although it was shipped to the wrong address, I forgot that I filled out a form with USPS to have them forward any mail that goes to my old address to my new one. So I ended up actually receiving it yesterday afternoon.

Miniwave is really awesome, Socket Rocket expansion not so much, although a couple banks are neat. I think I'd rather get that secondary scale quantizer chip.

if you do you probably would want to switch out the stock prom for the Socket Rocket so you have the Socket Rocket and Scale Quantizer loaded together.

i can't wait til i get mine so i can stop talkin about it and actually post sounds of it.
Cybananna
good to hear that it made it to you!
scozbor
At first I was a little concerned with blacet's service. Made the payment. Heard nothing for 2 weeks. Emailed him and asked what was going on. Instant reply - "your order has been shipped". That was it!

After 2 large orders were processed and arrived quickly I'm happy. A little communication goes a long way though...
K9Mike
scozbor wrote:
At first I was a little concerned with blacet's service. Made the payment. Heard nothing for 2 weeks. Emailed him and asked what was going on. Instant reply - "your order has been shipped". That was it!

After 2 large orders were processed and arrived quickly I'm happy. A little communication goes a long way though...

Same here... placed my first order on 7/21.. then ... nothing. He posted on the Blacet site that orders may be slightly delayed 'cause of vacation time, etc, so I expected a little wait. Week went by, nothing. By that point I at least expected an order confirmation email. I started to worry because 2 of the 3 things I ordered are the final run and I didn't want to miss out. Finally emailed and inquired if my order was received. He replied almost instantly. Order arrived today (8/1).

Now that I know what to expect, I won't be so 'nervous' about the lack of follow up communication. Although it seems like using a tiny bit more comprehensive e-commerce package on his web site, that would allow a 'single click' "Recieved" and "Shipped" status email would save him more time than to have to reply to all the "What's up with my order?" emails.

However, if it boils down to spending more time sending out order status emails, or designing / building new modules, I think I'd vote for the latter.

- Mike
Kwote
still the fastest service you'll generally get in the modular community as most blacet modules and kits are ready to ship upon order.

if you check up on the site he actually says to wait atleast 2 weeks or a month(can't remember which) before inquiring.

and i always get order confirmation immediately after purchasing. it's automated.
K9Mike
Kwote wrote:
still the fastest service you'll generally get in the modular community as most blacet modules and kits are ready to ship upon order.

if you check up on the site he actually says to wait atleast 2 weeks or a month(can't remember which) before inquiring.

and i always get order confirmation immediately after purchasing. it's automated.

No complaints here regarding the turnaround time... just the initial unknown that was 'scary'.

I do have to say.. I think the web site is a tad convoluted. I did not see any mention of waiting 2 weeks before inquiring... certainly not on the Ordering page.

As far as the confirmation.. that's what I was expecting, and received nothing. Sounds like perhaps the spam filters on my mail server ate it. Although email from John comes through without issue.

Like I said, now I know what to expect. And am definitely looking forward to lots of subsequent orders. smile
Kwote
my bad it's on the order confirmation page and confirmation email

"Thank you for your order!

Although we ship many items in a day or two, please allow up to two weeks to receive domestic orders and up to 30 days for foreign orders, before making inquires. Thanks for your patience!"
Kwote
also Blacet is running out of assembled stuff left and right. good time to do the DIY thing i reckon.
K9Mike
Kwote wrote:
my bad it's on the order confirmation page and confirmation email

"Thank you for your order!

Although we ship many items in a day or two, please allow up to two weeks to receive domestic orders and up to 30 days for foreign orders, before making inquires. Thanks for your patience!"

Whoops.. totally missed that on the order confirmation page.
haricots
Yeah, Blacet's communication is not great. He's ignored a bunch of my emails requesting help or information regarding certain modules - I get the feeling he doesn't have much patience for people with little experience with modulars and DIY building.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3