MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synth DIY UK 2010
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Synth DIY UK 2010
Godric
I've booked my room for this event, so I look forward to meeting some of you there, with the Jubilee. Maybe Tony will cast an ear over my filters, not quite sure I have the tuning set quite right.

Godric
Tim Stinchcombe
I expect to be there as usual, having attended the last however many years. And I'm also hoping to be able to build something new for this year, having missed doing so last!

Details/room booking for those who don't know them are here:
http://www.njohnson.co.uk/SDIY/roombooking.html
Some photos from last years event (and previous years):
http://www.diy.synth.net/glry/main.php?g2_itemId=1082

It might also be better to move this to 'Music Tech DIY', it will probably get a bigger audience there... (any moderators watching, Paul, Sandy?)

Tim
Godric
Thanks Tim I posted here because mine is an Oakley modular.
Godric
sandyb
i'll move it smile
ignatzthemouse
Is this as fun as it sounds? smile
Godric
With respect Sandy I'd rather it wasn't moved - my target audience is the Oakley mob very frustrating

Godric
Luka
tim are they your photos?

i was just checking through and noticed the picture of Tom Wiltshire's modules. Are they his own or bought? They look a lot like modcan. Does he design for modcan?
Godric
sandyb

Any chance you could put it back where I originally posted - the essence of the message is to say that my oakley will be at the event - this is primarily of interest to the Oakley forum.

Godric
Godric
Sigh thanks a bunch Tim! angry
Tim Stinchcombe
Godric wrote:
Sigh thanks a bunch Tim! angry
Sorry Godric, I didn't mean to steal your thunder oops. But I'm certain you'll get greater coverage in the DIY thread, and if you bring that beauty to Cambridge, you're going to need to plasticoat it or something, as there will be people aplenty drooling all over it! (You could link to this thread from the one with all the pictures in it?)

Tim
Tim Stinchcombe
Luka wrote:
tim are they your photos?
No, they are Paul Maddox's - he is another regular at the event, and indeed I think he helps Neil Johnson out with some of the organisation.
Quote:
i was just checking through and noticed the picture of Tom Wiltshire's modules. Are they his own or bought? They look a lot like modcan. Does he design for modcan?
I think they are probably his own design - here is his website, but I couldn't find them on there after a quick scan:
http://www.electricdruid.net/index.php

Tim
Tim Stinchcombe
ignatzthemouse wrote:
Is this as fun as it sounds? smile
Lots of like-minded synth geeks shooting the breeze, checking out the fruits of each other's labours, tweaking knobs, patching and poking around, and generally making all manner of weird noises. Personally I'm amazed that some people achieve so much: it often makes me wish I could do more throughout the year, and it always inspires and fires me up to try harder for next year!

Tim
Luka
i know of tim's designs, i have some of his vclfos with PM on my desk right now smile
sandyb
and back we go...
Synthbuilder
Luka wrote:

Yes, Tom does some of the digital design work for Bruce. Nice modules.

I should be at Cambridge too - I haven't missed one yet - and it was due to the very first Synth-DIY all those years ago that I started doing all this modular malarkey.

Tony
neil.johnson
Glad to see the word is spreading ... smile

Plenty of rooms in the college.

Cheers,
Neil
Synthbuilder
neil.johnson wrote:
Plenty of rooms in the college.

Which reminds me I should book my room.

Tony
Noiseconformist
I've yet to find out if I can make it this year sad

Enough Oakley here:
Impressions of the past years

Michael.
futuresoundsystems
Awesome! I'll be there grin I was worried I'd miss it this year as I'm away in late July but 9th-11th is great.
neil.johnson
Noiseconformist wrote:
I've yet to find out if I can make it this year sad

Nooooo.... say it ain't so sad banana

I'll be bringing my 3-phase VCLFO along and the all-pass filter too!! Just think of what you'll be missing!!!
neil.johnson
Even more information here:

Event web page

Cheers,
Neil
Synthbuilder
Looking forward to this. I'll be bringing a few of the new modules for people to have a look at.

Rockin' Banana!

Colin Fraser will be coming along too and no doubt he will be bringing along a Cirklon sequencer.

It's peanut butter jelly time!

And I am seriously thinking about not having a curry on both nights this year.

Am I heck... ambulance

Tony
Godric
No one mentioned curry.

I'll have a tarka dhal, brinjal bhaji and mushroom biriyany.

Next night I'll have tarka dhal, bhindi bhaji and chana masala

Godric

BTW is there any beer available?
Noiseconformist
Synthbuilder wrote:

And I am seriously thinking about not having a curry on both nights this year.

hm ... so what's your plan? Noodles? w00t!!
Synthbuilder
Noiseconformist wrote:
hm ... so what's your plan? Noodles? w00t!!

Probably:

Onion Bhaji, Lamb Saag, Keema Rice - Friday

Chicken Tikka, Lamb Dopiaza, Keema Rice - Saturday

Guinness ftw! <- Make mine a Sasparilla.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3