MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Komplex!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Komplex!
numan7
woah i thought i didn't any more sequencers.... i thought wrong!

hyper anyone else here pre-order one?

cheers
greydominion
and there is even this new demo video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsNKdx0GmM
numan7
danke schon, greydominion!

cheers
numan7

SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t

cheers
numan7
Now I already have a number of hardware multichannel voltage sequencers in my little studio here, including some that are quite capable of doing a great many things, for example:

- Make Noise Pressure Points (x2), Analog Memories and Brains
- Tip Top Audio Z8000
- Orthogonal Designs ER-101 and ER-102
- nw2s::b
- Wiard Sequantizers (x2)
- Human Comparator CGS Swamp
- Anyware Inseqt

as well as a number of modules that can be patched to function as sequencers. And yet I still can see plenty of room for the Koma Komplex.

One of the ways I most look forward to to using it will be as a front end for the ER-101 using the ER-102's external recording capabilities... And then, once the ER-101 multi-sequence is all set up, adding additional interlocking sequence tracks via the Komplex's CV recording (including sequences going into the ER-102). The ER/Komplex duo will form a sort of double-tandem with the Monome Grid-controlled nw2s::b.

Another likely use, assuming I manage to obtain and build one, will be as a semi-dedicated controller for the Human Comparator TTSH - a vast, vast orgy of LED slider control that will be!

It will be interesting to see how other folks plan to integrate this into their studios and modular rigs!

cheers
ActionMaxVA
I am on the pre order. Personally I am super excited.
I love the return of the sliders, I also like the way the 4 sequencers can work together or control one another.
Mutes for the gates.
I don't mind the large format, I prefer it in such a tactile controller.
They have really thought this one out.
The rack mount option.
I will be putting it to good use!
suboptimal
I'm definitely planning on getting one and just sent an email to be put on the list. I've never connected with the A4 as a sequencer for my Eurorack, because it takes me out of the patch too much. This will be just another module, albeit the mightiest sequencer module imaginable. It's kind of insane how perfectly this fits with my preferred way of doing things.

It also looks like a spaceship command console, which will impress the cat.
dogoftears
i'm on the pre order list, sent them an e-mail as soon as i saw the first video and some close ups.

it's my dream sequencer. all dem cv ins!!!!!!

any how, here's to hoping they can get it released as soon as possible. i almost never get on preorder lists!
numan7

https://www.facebook.com/KOMAelektronik

w00t final layout, soon in production!

cheers
suboptimal
Fairly obsessed with this. Fairly long ago I threw an email to Koma asking to placed on the early order list, but no reply, so I'm guessing they're inundated. I'm hoping to avoid being on the wrong end of the supply/demand equation, somehow . . .
tektoktiktak
suboptimal wrote:
Fairly obsessed with this. Fairly long ago I threw an email to Koma asking to placed on the early order list, but no reply, so I'm guessing they're inundated. I'm hoping to avoid being on the wrong end of the supply/demand equation, somehow . . .

No worries! When you emailed you will receive all information as soon as it comes out and will be able to pre-order as soon as we open the pre-orders... There will also be a limited amount available from our dealers.
suboptimal
Awesome! I figured as much. SlayerBadger!
hadj
These guys should be thanked for thinking so far out of the norm with his product, it's a brilliant design solution for the task.
voidshell
Cant wait until July! Also gives me a bit more time to save the extra $300!

So beyond excited!!!
Eichburger
Does anyone know if the quantiser can be switched off? I really really hope so as this would be a deal breaker for me.
suboptimal
Looks like there are switches to turn the quantizer on/off for each channel in the quantizer section of the drawing numan7 posted (top of the black column).

numan7 wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/KOMAelektronik

w00t final layout, soon in production!

cheers
suboptimal
p.s. I haven't GASsed so hard for a piece of gear in years.
Eichburger
suboptimal wrote:
p.s. I haven't GASsed so hard for a piece of gear in years.

Me too. I weirdly have no GAS for anything else since this came along.

Thanks for spotting the quantiser switches. Very pleased about that.
suboptimal
Preorders opening Thursday. Never maintain cash savings again
tektoktiktak

Rockin' Banana!
sonicwarrior
Unfortunately I don't have the money to preorder now.
flo
It's so beautiful applause we're not worthy
LED-man
New page and (pre)order

http://koma-elektronik.com/new/?product=komplex-sequencer
suboptimal
Just preordered. I can see the bottom of my piggy bank - this was literally all the gear money I had, with no new funds in sight. And it's going to be totally worth it. This is going to make me sound like NIN. Rockin' Banana!

The price was less than I was expecting. You get a huge amount for what you pay.
pulse_divider
Good news!
I hope Koma comes to Knobcon this year and brings it so I can jam on it, NAMM was just way too crazy to spend any time with it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> KOMA Elektronik Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5