MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Clouds diy... files on the git repository.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next [all]
Author Mutable Clouds diy... files on the git repository.
Egor
Just found that the files for clouds have just been put up on the mutable instruments git repository.

Tried opening the eagle files, and my computer refuses... anybody else tried... is it just my computer or the files corrupted.... maybe he's just being a tease putting them up like that?
C14ru5
The practice with previous MI modules, has been to make the source code public only when enough modules have been sold to break even. I doubt that this has happened yet with Clouds.
designator
Download the 'eurorack-master.zip', you'll find the uncorrupted files there.
adam
Egor wrote:
Just found that the files for clouds have just been put up on the mutable instruments git repository.

Tried opening the eagle files, and my computer refuses... anybody else tried... is it just my computer or the files corrupted.... maybe he's just being a tease putting them up like that?

the links on the front page of github are usually notifications of updates - you need to go into the actual directory - or if you have git installed on your pc you can check out the whole repo

edit - actually, if you look on the right side of the screen you'll see a button called "download zip".

has an unused headphone out and mic in available by the looks
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/pub/Main/DataSheets/WM8731_8731L.pdf
Egor
yeah, the ones in the full zip work better... Cheers for the advice!
sempervirent
Thanks for posting this, I've been waiting for the panel templates.
Sparky
Hmmm...OSHPark doesn't like the eagle .brd file :-( must look at that in more detail sometime.
Egor
sempervirent wrote:
Thanks for posting this, I've been waiting for the panel templates.

cool, I'll grab one when they are ready!

and yes osh park can't find the top layer file.... and I don't know enough about eagle to know the difference
falafelbiels
So if anybody gets PCBs done and has one to spare, I'd gladly buy one.

Seems like a very incredible module...
mOBiTh
I'm also up for this.

Could probably sort out pcbs if it's only 10/20. This just has to be not-for-profit right?
edwinm
I'd be up for a pcb too...
magneticstripper
greetings,
anyone figured out how to fix the error on the osh upload? i wrote their tech support still have not heard back. anyone tried the elements board?
Altitude909
Just run it though Lain's CAM processor, works fine. $74 for 3
pokeyasd
Group buy perhaps?
lamouette/rck
i am ok for getting one, maybe you can order others pcb, and we can also get one each, like clouds, streams, ripples,grids,....
FingerTappin
Very cool module. I may jump on board if this is happening.

What do you all do for panels (besides greyscale if available)? Ponoko?
sempervirent
There will definitely be some new Mutable/Grayscale panels in the near future.

Still working on the graphics for Clouds, but here's one for Frames:

FingerTappin
^ Awesome nanners
lamouette/rck
yup !
Altitude909
FingerTappin wrote:
What do you all do for panels (besides greyscale if available)? Ponoko?

I get them made at CAM expert. I dont like acrylic, 3mm is too thick for the jack hardware to go on right so they barely stay on. The CNC ones work out to be ~$40

mxmxmx
sempervirent wrote:
There will definitely be some new Mutable/Grayscale panels in the near future.

Still working on the graphics for Clouds, but here's one for Frames:

the frames run already happened, i guess? or still going to happen?

anyways, re clouds/elements/oshpark it only seems to work when uploading the zipped gerbers. before i pull the trigger though ... i have some frames boards to trade, in case anyone gets clouds + wants to trade.
Altitude909
just a heads up, clouds uses a bigger MCU which is not supported in the old tool chain, you will need a newer compiler to build
Egor
Altitude909 wrote:
umm... what's Lain? even if you googleate that it comes up with nothing useful....
FingerTappin
Altitude909 wrote:
just a heads up, clouds uses a bigger MCU which is not supported in the old tool chain, you will need a newer compiler to build

As you know, I was about to buy an STLINK v2 to program Braids. Do you think it would program Clouds also, or do I need a different programmer?

And thank for the tip on faceplates. I had heard acrylic can be a bit of a bugger when trying to get jacks secured.

Egor wrote:
Altitude909 wrote:
umm... what's Lain? even if you googleate that it comes up with nothing useful....

From what I gather, Lain is/works at OSHpark. I found some info on the site about the CAM processor. I should let someone who knows more than I do chime in. I will edit this post if I am wrong
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next [all]
Page 1 of 38