MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

"Banana jack metal studs" for Tetrax
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author "Banana jack metal studs" for Tetrax
VortexRanger
Ciat-Lonbarde wrote:
you can make banana jack metal studs that can be squished by hand to gesture-patch the instrument.

I'm curious about this. I definitely like the banana patch points over the old metal nodes, but this makes it sound like I could maybe have it both ways?
Dirty_Bill
VortexRanger wrote:
Ciat-Lonbarde wrote:
you can make banana jack metal studs that can be squished by hand to gesture-patch the instrument.

I'm curious about this. I definitely like the banana patch points over the old metal nodes, but this makes it sound like I could maybe have it both ways?

yup, best of both:

shortsleeves
Does this work for you, guys? I tried to use a similar solution with my Macumbista Benjolin by unscrewing the metal parts of banana plugs, and connecting them with my fingers, but it barely worked – only one instance (a particular connection) seemed to have any effect, and a very faint effect at that…

Are the CV's in the Tetrax special in any way?

Cheers,
Lukasz
VortexRanger
Dirty_Bill wrote:
VortexRanger wrote:
Ciat-Lonbarde wrote:

yup, best of both:

Did you make those or are they off the shelf?
Dirty_Bill
VortexRanger wrote:

Did you make those or are they off the shelf?

These are just solder banana plugs without the plastic shell, lots of links in the "build your own banana cable" threads.
Dirty_Bill
shortsleeves wrote:
Does this work for you, guys? I tried to use a similar solution with my Macumbista Benjolin by unscrewing the metal parts of banana plugs, and connecting them with my fingers, but it barely worked – only one instance (a particular connection) seemed to have any effect, and a very faint effect at that…

Are the CV's in the Tetrax special in any way?

Cheers,
Lukasz

As with the screw and sandrode connections on earlier gear, the effects vary depending on the signal type and conductance of your fingers. Moist or lotioned fingers can help, and i'be used shaped bits of foil as well..

I got the best effects bridging the triangles out to the grey inputs
VortexRanger
Cool thanks, I'll give this a try.
thresholdpeople
This is slightly off topic, and probably found in a few others posts here, but..

So is it generally okay to stack multiple outputs to one input like this? I've got a Deerhorn, and I've been doing it a little bit, and it seems to work fine.. but is there no wear and tear on the components by doing this?

I think I remember reading in one of Peter's write-ups that this is okay, but I don't remember for which instrument.
jabs
From the Plumbutter Tips N Tricks:

"is it safe to stack more than one output onto an input jack? for instance, two orange CV out jacks onto one blue CV? on some synths it is and and others its not recommended. safe"
thresholdpeople
Awesome. Thanks jabs!
Dirty_Bill
thresholdpeople wrote:
Awesome. Thanks jabs!

Beat me to it, if you look in some of the "Family Jams" videos you'll see some example of bananas stacked 5 high!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1