MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Depth of Oakley modules?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Depth of Oakley modules?
involver
Hi again,

Tried to search for this but didn't come up with a definitive answer. I am planning a cabinet for an Oakley/MOTM modular and was wondering what depth it should be? I would prefer to keep it as shallow as possible...

Thanks!
Rockin' Banana!
Synthbuilder
involver wrote:
Tried to search for this but didn't come up with a definitive answer. I am planning a cabinet for an Oakley/MOTM modular and was wondering what depth it should be? I would prefer to keep it as shallow as possible...

Modules will not exceed 14cm in depth. Most are a lot shallower. The module pages should have a PCB size listed... although I think some are missing this. Add a couple of cm to this value to allow for wiring and pot bracketry.

However, too shallow a case will lead to physical instability unless the case is firmly fixed to something. My own experience tells me that a free standing double row cabinet should be at least 30cm deep to prevent it from falling over. Been there done that...

Dead Banana

My more recent cases always have a wide base.

Tony
involver
Good point. Many thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1