MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BEMI 218 arpeggio hold ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author BEMI 218 arpeggio hold ?
papz
Hi

I'd like to modify a BEMI 218 keyboard in a way it will hold the played keys in arpeggio mode when the keys are released.

Any suggestion on how to do this ?

Thank you
Knarzwaltz
You can Latch with the Iprogram card.
papz
Maybe my question is not clear ?

I'd like to modify a BEMI 218 keyboard in a way it will hold the played keys in arpeggio mode when the keys are released.
Several keyboards can hold the notes without iProgram card, I wonder if it is possible with the 218 and how.

I have no iProgram card, no iThing and no intention to purchase any of these items.
Knarzwaltz
Ok...just thought I would mention it since it exist. But maybe its possible to modify a patchcard to latch.. since it works on the Icard. Wouldn't that be a better option then to modify the 218? (sorry if the english is not so good).
papz
I don't think it is possible to do this with a normal program card.
The latch on the icard is probably some kind of memory or midi routine.

I'd prefer to modify the 218 anyway and be able to control other modules than a 208 with the arpeggio.
doepferiano
just guessing:
do you still have MIDI IN access to the 218 ?
If yes, you should send the sustain msg and reverse engineer the latch signal

(if the sustain is the correct midi signal accepted!)
papz
I have no midi either w00t
darrenji
it is possible with a very simple mod to the board, but requires a new firmware version to work. Stay tuned...
askthedust
Knarzwaltz wrote:
Ok...just thought I would mention it since it exist. But maybe its possible to modify a patchcard to latch.. since it works on the Icard. Wouldn't that be a better option then to modify the 218? (sorry if the english is not so good).

Sorry that you got barked on for taking the time to write an answer that was insightful. Your English has nothing to do with this.
Clemdu
Hello hello,

Bringing that thread from the dead...
I'm thinking about adding a switch to fake the sustain in on my BEMI 218 (with DIY 208 and case)
in the 218 manual (link below) it seems like just using a simple SPST between pin 6 (sustain in) and pin 5 (ground) should be enough to fake a sustain signal and therefore keep the arpeggiator on.

(look for I-O connections to a 218e in other housings: The 6-pin SIP header)
https://buchla.com/guides/218e_FCrd_208CDblr_Guide_v1.8.pdf

Anybody tried that yet? It would be a super easy and extremely useful mod, I'm gonna try it when I get the chance to open the synth.
Clemdu
Alright, found some good information here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162121&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=25
Drillionaire
I've performed this mod for people a number of times. Works great. It's a bit more work to get it working on a Rev1 218, but still doable.
REcDeso12oi
Drillionaire wrote:
I've performed this mod for people a number of times. Works great. It's a bit more work to get it working on a Rev1 218, but still doable.

Drillionaire, Very interested in this mod, I searched Muffs and the web and couldn't find any more info. Is there a thread or some pics or a description on how to perform this mod?

Thanks!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1