MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Feedback Console System
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Feedback Console System
_seph
quoted from Facebook~
The Harvestman Industrial Music Electronics wrote:
[posted: Jan 15] The time in Northern Ireland was well-spent. I'm preparing for the production of the Feedback Console system (containing Black Locust, Red Falcon, Homicide Censor). These modules expand upon the original 2008 feedback modules (Stilton Adaptor, Evin 209) with smaller panel sizes and greater expandability. Many other module layouts were completed (Escalation Dominance included). I promise that the first half of the year will be very interesting, instrumentally speaking.

[updated: Feb 25] I've been working with prototypes of these aforementioned Northern Ireland modules. Some will be shown at Musikmesse and the two Japan Festivals of Modular - their production will happen in an order determined by my parts stock and resupply schedule. This month I have been busy getting DA mk.II and some utility modules ready to ship, so the fun part of getting these new things ready will happen immediately afterwards. Escalation Dominance is losing the LED sliders and gaining better-working sliders with nice caps - easier to "play" it that way. I'd like to make some more Northern Ireland modules and have some ideas.

it seems appropriate to have a thread dedicated to these.

please share any/all insight, rumors and updates.
mt3
So, guitar interfaces, correct?
Rockin' Banana!
EarlJemmings
mt3 wrote:
So, guitar interfaces, correct?
Rockin' Banana!

Well, I have the original feedback console, and have never used a guitar with it (okay, once, but I was bowing it so gimme a break)
I use it as a pedal interface/ pedal feedback party. It can also be used to bring instruments or what have you up to modular levels. Been having fun using a shakerbox, and am in the process of building a box with bass strings to bow and run into a feedback cycle.

VERY excited to see just what these others will be (I know homicide censor, but black locust/ red falcon?)
Arbiter
Stillson Hammer reissue?
oneano
I will chime in here.. I have a feedback like system.. not one of the harvest man systems... but I have used mine extensively.

I have a single feedback mixer 4 in 6 out and I have added to the set up three rackmount multi effects, one made in the late 80s, one made in the mid 90s and one made mid 2000's

I am able to get massive approaching infinite reverbs, insane pitch shifting, incredible effects that cannot be comprehended... if these had CV control.. that would be a really really amazing thing.
razzmtazz266
@oneano

which effects would those be? digitech, ensoniq dp 4, and ....eventide?

would love to hear some audio demos of all this.
dropthedyle
Hey Gov, is there an ETA for the Red Falcon and the Homicide Censor ?

I'm in GAS crisis
Never maintain cash savings again
_seph
well, both 2015 and NAMM have come and gone and so to the projected release of the Red Falcon and Escalation Dominance (and I'll just try to forget ever hearing of the Homicide Censor) ...which is disappointing, but the lack of information is perhaps the greater let down, not to insinuate that anyone is entitled an explanation. sometimes deadlines/expectations just can't be met and it is no fault but my own for holding out for these.
mt3
_seph wrote:
sometimes deadlines/expectations just can't be met and it is no fault but my own for holding out for these.

Life of Brian
Industrial Music Electronics saves you money!
johnwynberg
_seph wrote:
well, both 2015 and NAMM have come and gone and so to the projected release of the Red Falcon and Escalation Dominance (and I'll just try to forget ever hearing of the Homicide Censor) ...which is disappointing, but the lack of information is perhaps the greater let down, not to insinuate that anyone is entitled an explanation. sometimes deadlines/expectations just can't be met and it is no fault but my own for holding out for these.

Has anyone seen a prototype of Red Falcon? No leaked images? Wasn't there (at NAMM or Superbooth) a working version or prototype of the feedback console? In a video demonstration of the Stillson Hammer, I managed to see there was a Black Locust in the other case, but it seems there was no interest in showing it. I couldn't see clearly what modules were to the left of it. An Evin? Perhaps someone who was at NAMM or Superbooth managed to see it better? At the moment, all the attention seems to be going to the Stillson Hammer, which I don't doubt it's an interesting and very powerful module, but I already have too many sequencers, whereas a feedback console... This is opening an entire new dimension to me (like a black whole that threatens to absorb all my money).

Wondering about what features the Red Falcon is going to have, compared to an Evin. But since I cannot get an Evin right now, I'm getting a 4MS VCA Matrix. Perhaps is there some info in the new Industrial Music Electronics website? Which I've seen once, but cannot find it again. According to Facebook, they're going to be working on an update to the Stillson Hammer, so I doubt the Red Falcon and the Homicide Censor are going to appear before the summer. One can only hope it will be this year.
mt3
johnwynberg wrote:
Has anyone seen a prototype of Red Falcon? No leaked images? Wasn't there (at NAMM or Superbooth) a working version or prototype of the feedback console? In a video demonstration of the Stillson Hammer, I managed to see there was a Black Locust in the other case, but it seems there was no interest in showing it. I couldn't see clearly what modules were to the left of it. An Evin? Perhaps someone who was at NAMM or Superbooth managed to see it better? At the moment, all the attention seems to be going to the Stillson Hammer, which I don't doubt it's an interesting and very powerful module, but I already have too many sequencers, whereas a feedback console... This is opening an entire new dimension to me (like a black whole that threatens to absorb all my money).

Wondering about what features the Red Falcon is going to have, compared to an Evin. But since I cannot get an Evin right now, I'm getting a 4MS VCA Matrix. Perhaps is there some info in the new Industrial Music Electronics website? Which I've seen once, but cannot find it again. According to Facebook, they're going to be working on an update to the Stillson Hammer, so I doubt the Red Falcon and the Homicide Censor are going to appear before the summer. One can only hope it will be this year.

I can't answer your most pressing question (I am not in a Darkplace), but can help with most others....

Ye Olde New Site
http://www.industrialmusicelectronics.com

Evin
One or two available now in FS/T for under 200 quid. Also a Stilton Adapter...

The Harvestman
johnwynberg
mt3 wrote:
I can't answer your most pressing question (I am not in a Darkplace), but can help with most others....

Ye Olde New Site
http://www.industrialmusicelectronics.com

Evin
One or two available now in FS/T for under 200 quid. Also a Stilton Adapter...

The Harvestman

Thanks. I'm bookmarking the new website, for future reference. I forgot there is nothing much there, yet.

And yes, I did see one Evin for sale in America (missed the other one), but not sure it is worth the try, with international shipping and customs to the UK. I've bought a 4ms VCA Matrix instead, and apart from the fact that I would have to use patch cables to connect it to the Black Locust, I don't seem to be missing anything, by not having an Evin. Am I correct? But I was wondering if the Red Falcon is going to go beyond the VCA Matrix, by including panning, for example. Or is that the Homicide Censor? Time would tell, I suppose.
mt3
Go with what's available now, trade up/down when the new comes out.
VCAm was on my list, quality.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1