MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LFO Two and Delta VCF modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author LFO Two and Delta VCF modules
megaohm
Just finished a batch of these and couldn't resist sharing now. I wanted to get my site updated with the info but, alas, I must sleep.

Just a quickie:

Delta VCF - $255 - modeled on the 4 OTA stage VCF from the Korg Delta. It departs drastically from the original. Nice independent VCA included. Normal scheme leads to good things.

-panel has cosmetic flaw so I subtracted the price. First batch are $230-

Check my site for sound samples (it will be updated with current pics and info later tonight. Samples are still valid) .

LFO Two - $165 - dual LFO module. Simple
top - LFOrg - is based on the MS20 circuit with a sync circuit. Mult'ed slope output and pulse out. Extended range. Down to 4 min. in LO.

bottom - LFOrp - based on ARP Odyssey LFO.

Many pcb jumpers to customize the behavior of the LFO s; Gain adjustment, sync behavior, LO range for LFOrp, and a handful of others.

Switchcraft 112 jacks
NKK toggle switches
Quality throughout

p.
megaohm
Link would help smile

http://www.megaohmaudio.com/deltaVCF.html

Scroll down for samples

p.
russma
These look great Phil.

Do you want to be added to the "List of 5U manufacturers" stickied post?
nerdware
Very tasty panels.
drewtoothpaste
How many of these do you have built?
essex sound lab
Very nice!

PM'd with a question.
Bryan B
These look great!

Also PM'd with a couple questions.
emdot_ambient
So...which 5U format are these (size and power connectors)?
essex sound lab
emdot_ambient wrote:

Well they look like MU-format modules. But I'm learning that it's smart to ask about power connectors. d'oh!
dubchild
Those look super nice Phil.
I have had Phil build me some modules in the past and do some re-fits and his work is some of the best I've seen and he is great to work with.
I also have one of the Delta VCF's and adore it!
megaohm
idiotboy wrote:
These look great Phil.

Do you want to be added to the "List of 5U manufacturers" stickied post?

Yes, please!

I plan to release a pair of modules every couple months for this entire year.
Typically it will be a 'main' 2MU width module (VCF, VCO,etc.) paired with a more utility style 1MU module (LFO, EG, etc).

p.
megaohm
drewtoothpaste wrote:
How many of these do you have built?

There will only be ten Delta VCFs with the flawed panel. I have four of the Delta and four LFO Two modules built now. The rest will be finished before the end of the week (ran out of parts!). My intention for these two and future designs is to always have some of each module design built so there will be no wait time on any order.

For this run I only got panels for ten of each module. I will be ordering more once (if) I sell a few modules. I'm very much feeling out the waters at this point.

p.
megaohm
emdot_ambient wrote:

These are MU format (DotCom, STG, etc.).

Modules have power headers for DotCom power supply (6 pin MTA.100)
and MOTM/Blacet power headers (4 pin MTA.156).
The headers are connected together before the power conditioning portion of the circuits so they will also serve as converters. For example; you could power the module with the DotCom PSU via the 6 pin header and send power to an MOTM module with a 4 pin power cable from this pcb.

Panel size and mounting holes are DotCom compatible.

I'll flesh this out in more detail (and pics) on my site late tonight.

phil
Bryan B
I need one of these!
xart
megaohm wrote:

There will only be ten Delta VCFs with the flawed panel.

What is the 'flaw'?

Can't wait to hear this stuff...sorry I mised it a few weeks ago! I like the designs! thumbs up
essex sound lab
megaohm wrote:

The headers are connected together before the power conditioning portion of the circuits so they will also serve as converters. For example; you could power the module with the DotCom PSU via the 6 pin header and send power to an MOTM module with a 4 pin power cable from this pcb.

Neat.
megaohm
xart wrote:

What is the 'flaw'?

The flaw is that the black field is too wide. The black gets included in the bend. Another tiny flaw is that one of the arrow heads has a different line thickness than the others (hard to see even with it in your hands).
emdot_ambient
Damned if I can see the flaws. Sweet looking modules, though, as are your prices. I'll have to keep these in mind for when I do a MU case.
doctorvague
I just ordered the Delta VCF. Lots of bang for the buck with a VCA in there too, and I love having at least one reversible attenuator for CV. The Korg-based designs seem to have that chaotic resonance stuff going on that I really dig. A couple of the demos remind me a bit of the MS-20- in that respect anyway.

Always nice to see new modules coming out in 5U!!!
This seems like a nice addition to the filter choices out there.
I know some dotcom users have asked for single-space dedicated LFO's in the past so I would think there's be some of those guys snapping up the LFO, but it's a catch 22 trying to post this info to the dotcom board.
xart
I will be ordering as soon as I get a case going ....

Nice job Phil, looking forward to hooking up and giving the modules a spin...
essex sound lab
doctorvague wrote:

but it's a catch 22 trying to post this info to the dotcom board

There's always the dotcom-format board where it would be most welcome (and miraculously I'm still a member).

Lots of great stuff happening in 5U at the moment. Great to see!

Now to find places to stack more cabinets...
russma
Quote:
....For example; you could power the module with the DotCom PSU via the 6 pin header and send power to an MOTM module with a 4 pin power cable from this pcb.

...and vice versa for those with a MOTM PSU?

(apologies if that should have been obvious) help
megaohm
idiotboy wrote:

...and vice versa for those with a MOTM PSU?

(apologies if that should have been obvious) help

Yes.

I use the MOTM power connectors myself so I will have to make up a cable (6 pin to 6 pin) to confirm this 100%...but... the two power headers have their respective +V, -V, and ground connected together right at the headers so I'm 99.99% sure it works both ways. smile

p.
bwhittington
megaohm wrote:
I'm 99.99% sure it works both ways. smile

Probably stating the obvious, but it seems worth mentioning that the 4-pin MOTM connections don't provide the 5v that is a part of the Dotcom power harnesses, so it would seem a cable coming through from a MOTM psu would need to be used only with selected Dotcom modules.

Cheers,
Brian
neandrewthal
Man, those are pure sex love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3