MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LFO Two and Delta VCF modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author LFO Two and Delta VCF modules
megaohm
idiotboy wrote:
I like this module a lot,

thumbs up


Thanks! Sorry I didn't answer your questions right away. I was trying to gauge if there were other things that were unclear about these modules. I spend a lot of time on any given design and it's hard to stay objective so I have a tendency to gloss over some details that have become obvious to me but not to everyone else. Based on your question, I'll add a pic of a knob and the resulting wave form at the different positions to the user guide.
Should help others who may have the same question. Thanks.

Phil
bwhittington
suitandtieguy wrote:

Phil beat me to it so my LFO is going to have to be different enough to be worthwhile.


Add a CV input. That'd be different enough to be worthwhile.

Cheers,
Brian
essex sound lab
bwhittington wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:

Phil beat me to it so my LFO is going to have to be different enough to be worthwhile.


Add a CV input. That'd be different enough to be worthwhile.



Grove's new Dual LFO has VC-in w/ Triangle, Sine and Square waveforms. No control of pulse width or triangle slope.

Edit: Does have reset.

But perhaps you were suggesting combining the two feature sets...
bwhittington
essex sound lab wrote:
Grove's new Dual LFO has VC-in w/ Triangle, Sine and Square waveforms. No control of pulse width or triangle slope.


That isn't the smallest omission to me. The best single-width LFO I've seen is Mos-Lab's. Pricey, but it even has PWM and ramp waves. It'd be cool to see a single-width LFO that does something fancy. Or even a VC slope, like the DSG. Until then, my favorite LFO is still a Q106. Economical and absoultely crazy in terms of modulation options. And, yes, I love me some PWM on an LFO. Space is a noteworthy quibble, but for the price it's tops. Oh, and it does audio rate, too. thumbs up lol

Cheers,
Brian
essex sound lab
bwhittington wrote:

Until then, my favorite LFO is still a Q106. Economical and absoultely crazy in terms of modulation options. And, yes, I love me some PWM on an LFO. Space is a noteworthy quibble, but for the price it's tops. Oh, and it does audio rate, too. thumbs up lol


Yeah, I have nine of them. thumbs up

I do like the flexibility, though, of using dedicated LFO's particularly if I want to free up a couple of 106's for something else. And you can never have enough modulation sources. w00t
russma
Quote:
....Or even a VC slope, like the DSG...


DSG?
bwhittington
idiotboy wrote:
DSG?


Sorry, Serge Dual Universal Slope Generator (DSG).

doctorvague
I just received my Delta VCF yesterday. I only had a short time to play with it but so far I'm thrilled. It doesn't sound like an MS-20 filter so much to me, but it does have that Korg freak-out factor when you push it and it will definitely get squawky. When not pushed it's not terribly different from STG's Post Lawsuit (Arp) filter, that's about the best comparison I could make- it's a bit more Arp-like and not Moog or Ladder-like at all. The band-pass does not reject everything else like the dotcom SVF- there's some bleed which I don't consider a bad thing necessarily. OTOH, in lowpass it will pretty much cutoff the whole signal with the right settings with a 5V envelope, which I really like - IOW you don't always need a VCA after it (the other filter I have like that is the MOTM 440). Pushing it into freak-out is easy when you want that, it goes there easily. If you use the VCA as normalled (post filter) the FM2 knob becomes a wonderful chaotic feedback generator. If it's feasible I may install a normalling jack to normal the VCA CV input to the FM1 filter input. As always the reversible CV attenuator is MUCH appreciated on any filter.

Dealing with Phil @ MegaOhm was a pleasure, he emailed the status, shipped fast and seems very accessible with good communication. One of those people you look forward to dealing with in the future. Build quality is superb, panel looks great and there's good clear documentation. I bought a 'second' but you'd never know it!! I really look forward to future modules from MegaOhm and am very happy to have some fresh new additions to the 'MU' format. Dual power headers is a superb idea, too BTW. I may buy the LFO too.

Three Thumbs Up!
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Cheers
Phil
jfk4
I got my LFO Two yesterday. I've been looking for a simple 1U LFO for awhile, and this meets my requirements exactly.

Also, I have to agree with the previous poster; ordering from Phil was great. He was very communicative, let me know when he intended to ship the module, and followed through as promised.
megaohm
Here's a demo from the doctor.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14337&highlight=delt a


Thanks, doc

p.
xart
Last night I was fortuante enough to be invited back to the MegaOhm Audio compound to hang out with MegaPhil and pick up/get a tutorial on his LFO TWO.

If I hear ONE MORE PERSON COMPLAIN that .com/mu format does not have a dedicated LFO in the 5u/mu canon .... SMACK!

http://www.megaohmaudio.com/LFO.html

The best part about this dual LFO is that it has 9!ne pcb jumper selected options to cusomizzzze GAIN/RANGE/RESET POINT/PHASE...

http://www.megaohmaudio.com/images/LFO2UG.pdf


I would highly suggest you pick up a pair (2 LFO TWO'z) hmmm.....

You really want to get a pair of them to fukc with the RESET behavior....modulat!on for dayz!!!!! If this does not waste your time making dumb ass noises to annoy your neighbors nothing will! Wogglebugs are old school and sooooo euroformat (they are for buchla pricks anyway)....pick up a pair LFO2's! and REALLY have fun! If you do pick up a pair MegaPhil will pimp them out like a '92 Honda Civic! He will put your choice of LED's in the things so you can watch the waves on BLUE. GREEN or RED leds. (you will want to get 2 diffrent color LEDS for the reset function....so you can see what is going on....) Thanks MegaPhil! thumbs up

MindMachine
I just received my LFO TWO. Excellent quality all around. It is so versatile with the two LFO's being so different. It makes a truly unique add for a single space module. I did not get to explore any of the jumper options yet, but I will use one to slow the top section a little if that is an option.

It is pretty trick that this module has both MOTM and .COM power connectors and all of those jumper options available to tweak reset points, speed, bi-polar operation, voltage range, etc.

Fantastic module at a spectacular price... totally jacked on this thing. Most LFO's are... well, LFO's. This one is unique and deep enough to put it's imprint on the sound, instead of just to help move the sound around (if that makes sense).

Highly recommended.
essex sound lab
And Phil's customer service is top notch.

He proactively contacted me about updates to the module, and sent them to me for free.
darwingrosse
MindMachine wrote:
I just received my LFO TWO. Excellent quality all around. It is so versatile with the two LFO's being so different. It makes a truly unique add for a single space module. I did not get to explore any of the jumper options yet, but I will use one to slow the top section a little if that is an option.

It is pretty trick that this module has both MOTM and .COM power connectors and all of those jumper options available to tweak reset points, speed, bi-polar operation, voltage range, etc.

Fantastic module at a spectacular price... totally jacked on this thing. Most LFO's are... well, LFO's. This one is unique and deep enough to put it's imprint on the sound, instead of just to help move the sound around (if that makes sense).

Highly recommended.


Ditto that. It's literally an "every patch" module for me, and the jumper setup gave it awesome flexibility.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group