MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
New PAiA 9700-series modules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next [all]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author New PAiA 9700-series modules
Cliff Schecht
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My good friend that does digital synths is always playing around with adding knobs to make things more or less stable or to add in some 60/120 Hz noise (sorry Europe guys!). The cool thing is that these are continuously variable instead of just switches so you can kinda tune in your mojo as you wish.
D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cliff Schecht wrote:
My good friend that does digital synths is always playing around with adding knobs to make things more or less stable or to add in some 60/120 Hz noise (sorry Europe guys!). The cool thing is that these are continuously variable instead of just switches so you can kinda tune in your mojo as you wish.

Variable is better than either or... But I am game for anything! thumbs up

D/A A/D | snapped in half | Of Dust & Iron

FREE D/A A/D DOWNLOAD
werock
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any chance the AR generator will be a dual (i.e. 2 AR's rather than 2 frac widths)?
vmgas
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so any word on when we will start to see some of these modules roll out?
werock
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally got round to getting some of the new modules (ok, so they're not so new anymore).

The front panels are very nice - they have that same MOTM paint job effect:

They are also very shallow, the ones I got are no more than 2 inches deep, so those of you with shallow cases won't have a problem. Also nice to see they come with black mounting screws - makes all the difference.
D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love my "new" PAiA mods, the balanced modulator especially. I am really looking forward to whats coming!

FREE D/A A/D DOWNLOAD
Nouadh
Learning to Wiggle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so if i wanted to run any of the 9700 series on the ps500 i just have to remove the regulators?
werock
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The regulators on the Paia Boards? No, leave them on - they regulate the 15v from your PS500 down to 12v.

The only gotcha is the power connectors on the Paia boards are not the same size as the connectors on a Blacet board. If you're building the Paia modules yourself, you can just leave off the power connectors and solder the wires directly to the board.

If you buy the Paia modules assembled, the connector is already in place, in which case you need a power lead with a .156 connector on one end (for the Blacet supply) and .100 connector on the other for the connector on the Paia board. It sounds more complicated than it actually is. It was covered earlier in this thread.
D/A A/D
glorious dissonance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, they work fine off the Blacet supply. I had a bunch of power cables made up by a fellow wiggler.[/list]

FREE D/A A/D DOWNLOAD
Spencer
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you use the PAiA power supply with the PAiA modules would it be plug and play then? I mean will the modules just plug into the power supply without making a cable? I was thinking of buying a PAiA rack and power supply and then filling it with PAiA modules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next [all]
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: