MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

problem solved thank u
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author problem solved thank u
Bumply
Oh noes! The FM input on one of the AVDogs has stopped working. No response to any inputs at this point. Anyone run across such a malady?

cry
windspirit
Is this a PB 1 or 2?
wednesdayayay
When turning the fm attenuation knob does it still change the pitch of the internal osc?

I would imagine your best case scenario here is that a banana jack needs to soldered again

My PB and CQ have both had this issue before

I have fixed it once and I have a Tri out on my cocos tussy section that doesn't really work for this reason

Hope this calms your worry Dead Banana a little bit

I have zero soldering experience too
Bumply
Thanks for replying

windspirit - It is a PB2

wednesdayayay - Indeed, the attenuverter does change the frequency of the AVDog.

So it is an issue with the banana jack?

I'm terrible at soldering - shakey tremory hands - and would really prefer not to mess with the magic inside.
kozepz
So the avdog works, but fm-ing not?
Bumply
kozepz wrote:
So the avdog works, but fm-ing not?

yes...the avdogs work...they produce sound, and respond to everything but FM
windspirit
I would suggest dropping Peter a line but I love in San Deigo and go to LA a lot so its possible that I can come up with my scope and my iron and take a look.
wednesdayayay
sounds like a bad banana jack
Mashmore
windspirit wrote:
I would suggest dropping Peter a line but I love in San Deigo and go to LA a lot so its possible that I can come up with my scope and my iron and take a look.

Only at muffs. There sure are some great muffafuckas here! Always great to see. applause
Bumply
windspirit; that is super generous. I emailed Peter, but I'll pm you as well. thumbs up
Dirty_Bill
Mashmore wrote:
windspirit wrote:

Only at muffs. There sure are some great muffafuckas here! Always great to see. applause

I was going to volunteer (as I'll be in LA sometime in the next two weeks) but Windspirit beat me to it.

We're a pretty tightly knit community, especially here in C-L-landia, for not really knowing each other. At All. applause
Bumply
I got brave and re-soldered the joint at the fm input, with peters help. All better. Thanks for the offers to help. You guys are the best. Rockin' Banana!
ClausF
Great! Threads like these make me optimistic, if I ever have such a problem with my PB... Guinness ftw!
wednesdayayay
yay applause
this is great news
windspirit
Well if you ever want to do a CL jam you can also drop me a line. We are practically neighbors smile.

Glad your issue seemed like an easy fix.
Bumply
Hey [/b]windspirit[b] let me know when you are in LA. CL jam would be fun.
Dirty_Bill
Nothing like the confidence builder of stepping beyond your comport zone, cracking open a pricey bit of kit, and putting it back together working! Congrats!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1