MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY Mutable successfull builds hall of fame
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Author DIY Mutable successfull builds hall of fame
Dogma
I wanted to start a thread so people can A show off their successful builds and B provide confidence for people wanting to build that it can be done...

At the moment from where i stand Ive seen a few success builds from the usual suspects but Ive only seen whats posted and I can recall seeing 2 clouds, some Braids, Elements but only one and again from the usual suspects..

I would imagine given the numbers of people trying we would have people shouting to from the rooftops when they are playing their self-built MI Modules...
So heres a space to do that..
beeedy
Hoping to get some built soon thumbs up
bennelong.bicyclist
The usual suspects?
AlanP

I'm just a freezing worker, and I can do this stuff smile
Dogma
bennelong.bicyclist wrote:
The usual suspects?

its a term of endearment not a dig
Jack Gull
nice panel on the braids. how did you make it?
Dogma
AlanP wrote:

I'm just a freezing worker, and I can do this stuff smile

That looks fantastic! I looked as closely as I could and thats some fine soldering right there. By hand? what tools?
polyot
Dogma
keep em coming - really impressive guys!

HAs anyone attempted Tides?
polyot
I believe I remember seeing a completed Tides in the Braids build thread. Also in there were various Peaks builds and a Ripples IIRC.
magneticstripper
3 Braids, 2 Clouds (1 on the table).

sempervirent
polyot, I like your style

gbiz posted 3x Clouds here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133272&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=250

And altitude909 built 1x Tides:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133272&start=all&pos tdays=0&postorder=asc

AlanP
Dogma wrote:
That looks fantastic! I looked as closely as I could and thats some fine soldering right there. By hand? what tools?

Big chunky tip 40W pencil soldering iron -- no base station, just plug the cord in (other end is the iron), and off we go! That, 0.6mm 60/40 solder, and desoldering braid to clean up when needed. Nothing else (except the odd exclamation of "F^<|< me, that's tiny!")

The panel was done by a guy I know with a laser machine, I just emailed him the board file smile
Altitude909
So far, 2 braids, 2 ripples, clouds, tides, and elements

[/img]
gbiz
Up to now, a Braids

And a few Clouds ... hihi

Just waiting on panels from Greyscale (and one freeze button from Mouser) to finish these off.

Clouds works really well with the MTM Radio Music. My aim is to have a box with 3 x Radio Musics, 6 x Clouds & some clocking & sequencing.

I'll do an Elements & a second Braids when Adam ships PCBs for those.
adam
with any luck you'll have them by the end of the week, possibly the middle smile

So this really heightens my confidence...keep em comin. Im glad I started this thread,
gbiz
adam wrote:
with any luck you'll have them by the end of the week, possibly the middle smile

screaming goo yo

Oh joy, more flux pen fumes smile
adam
bank holiday permitting - erm, thursday then
AlanP
Got my second working braids smile Had some personality at first, cleaning up the IC soldering (and fixing a bridge between R49 and R50 that gave the Fine pot extra personality) fixed all that. Now it's working and in the synth smile
crc

pcb photo is before soldering the pots. i actually found a better encoder for braids that mounts to the faceplate and works the right way around, so that photo is a bit old and incorrect, but anyways.

pcb photo also taken before soldering the pots ect.. clouds is still waiting for a grayscale faceplate. meanwhile it has this sexy diy faceplate made out of a DVD cover and sticker laser print.

these both are my first smt projects ever. both soldered by hand, and worked the first time. actually enjoyed smt soldering. meditative smile
Dogma
applause applause applause applause applause applause applause
mangros
Needs a window super bad, just can't decide whether I want smoky black stealth or 70s watch dark red... (LEDs are red)

sempervirent
crc wrote:
clouds is still waiting for a grayscale faceplate. meanwhile it has this sexy diy faceplate made out of a DVD cover and sticker laser print.

Estimated ship date for Mutable panels is this upcoming Friday (May 29), so most likely I'll have all preorders shipped by the end of the following week.
gbiz
sempervirent wrote:

Estimated ship date for Mutable panels is this upcoming Friday (May 29), so most likely I'll have all preorders shipped by the end of the following week.

It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Page 1 of 20