MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CS-80 filter v2.3 for Euro & 5U
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author CS-80 filter v2.3 for Euro & 5U
oldcrow
I originally posted this in the Eurorack area but as it is a DIY thing I'll repeat it here.

Another project I am squeezing in alongside the crowbx euro and crowminius is a eurorack bare board+panel DIY version of my CS80 filter, using the same core circuit I designed in 2001 for the MOTM-480, and more recently the M480 MkII. The euro version is a 28HP panel that includes two CS80 SVF filters and an "Irwin" VCA. A new feature has been added: an input mode select to allow the standard CS80 HP->LP filter chain or a split mode where two inputs go to SVF1, and one input goes to SVF2. All taps are available for both filters in either mode.

The VCA is an inverting linear type that has two inputs, one with a level control and one with switchable AC/DC coupling. The rev2.3 board uses 10-volt sub-regulation to allow operation from +-12VDC to +-18VDC supplies.

A small limited run of the initial batch will be available in June for those interested in testing the pre-production run. Figure $100 for 2 bare boards and a black front panel and something around $115 for a silver front panel with bare boards. (Silver panels mean I have to pay for engraving in-fill)

Update: mockup of a silver panel w/black in-fill added.

--Crow

sammy123
I don't know if you want to but can't you order the engraved panels with no in-fill to cut cost? I always do that and then fill with acrylic. Works well.

Anyway...really looking forward to this.
oldcrow
When I do a black panel (or another color that is not silver) I do not use in-fill. A "natural" aluminum panel might need in-fill of some kind, however. I will order one and experiment.

sammy123 wrote:
I don't know if you want to but can't you order the engraved panels with no in-fill to cut cost? I always do that and then fill with acrylic. Works well.

Anyway...really looking forward to this.
apoisontree
Any news?
BARE BONES
looks good!
oldcrow
The production prototype is out in the field. When I get a report back (and nothing needs adjusted) I will order a batch of boards and open sales.

--Crow
/**/

apoisontree wrote:
Any news?
antf4rm
Please put me down for a euro pcb/panel set.

Nice project.
Dogma
For sure - me too

Whats the HP on this bad boy like?
antf4rm
Dogma wrote:
For sure - me too

Whats the HP on this bad boy like?

Says 28hp
antf4rm
Really nicely labeled and layed out pcb by the way!
Dogma
doh ! i meant HPF smile
clusterchord
looks great, im definitely interested.

considering the size of the PCBs, when module is built with the (final) production version for euro, will it be parallel or perpendicular mount, and what will the module depth be?

thanks
oldcrow
I have finally ordered a run of boards for this. This first batch is a small one, but subsequent batches will be bigger. I will offer panels (and the panel fpd file) as well.

More soon,

Crow
/**/
sammy123
Oh great news. I'm really excited for this one!! w00t
GryphonP3
Wooo! Gonna build the gx1 bandpass today and it looks beautiful. excited to see how this one comes out now! nanners
SynthOSphere
Darn! very frustrating
I JUST passed an order (Crowminius, CS80-Shruthi, NE11K, and PSTDNS) but I just saw that post!!!
(but also didn't see any RR480 on offer on CS80.com though...) waah

When are you expecting those boards?
Will they arrive in time for me to maybe add one, before you ship my order? (and if so, are there any left for sale?)

Thanks!

oldcrow wrote:
I have finally ordered a run of boards for this. This first batch is a small one, but subsequent batches will be bigger. I will offer panels (and the panel fpd file) as well.

More soon,

Crow
/**/
oldcrow
I've not filled your order yet, that will be this weekend. I will open orders for the RR480 bare boards sometime tonight. --Crow

SynthOSphere wrote:
Darn! very frustrating
I JUST passed an order (Crowminius, CS80-Shruthi, NE11K, and PSTDNS) but I just saw that post!!!
(but also didn't see any RR480 on offer on CS80.com though...) waah

When are you expecting those boards?
Will they arrive in time for me to maybe add one, before you ship my order? (and if so, are there any left for sale?)

Thanks!

oldcrow wrote:

More soon,

Crow
/**/
SynthOSphere
oldcrow wrote:
I've not filled your order yet, that will be this weekend. I will open orders for the RR480 bare boards sometime tonight. --Crow

It's peanut butter jelly time!
SynthOSphere
oldcrow wrote:

I haven't been able to find the RR480 on your webstore...
Am I just blind or not looking right or is it just you have been too busy?
mOBiTh
I also can't find this filter on your webstore! hmmm.....
LektroiD
I'm interested, where do we order?
oldcrow
I've not added the filter boards to the store yet, I've been swamped with prep for Knobcon. I want the boards to actually be here too. They have been shipped, just now waiting for delivery. SlayerBadger!
YannickD
Will it be just the boards or panels as well? Cwejman!
jgb
Interesting stuff! Hmm... smile
mOBiTh
YannickD wrote:
Will it be just the boards or panels as well? Cwejman!

I'm guessing panels we can order ourselves direct from Schaeffer/FPD, is that right?

Are there some audio demos for this filter somewhere?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7