MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Half size panels.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Half size panels.
jjq
Hi, this is my first post here 8_)

I wonder if any other than COTK makes new half height panels?

Its a bit stupid but I think they ad so much to the aesthetics of the portables.
doctorvague
jjq wrote:
Hi, this is my first post here 8_)

I wonder if any other than COTK makes new half height panels?

Its a bit stupid but I think they ad so much to the aesthetics of the portables.

I have personally never seen a 2.5U panel or module. How about a courtesy link to whatever it is you're talking about?
JohnLRice
http://www.cluboftheknobs.com/products_mod.html

SynthBaron
The problem is there's only one company building cabinets for them.
JohnLRice
And welcome, jjq! w00t

I don't know of any other manufacturer other than COTK . . . and Moog, Polyfusion and Moog CE, that have ever made the half height modules.
doctorvague
SynthBaron wrote:
The problem is there's only one company building cabinets for them.

That answers the $100 question!
doctorvague
JohnLRice wrote:
And welcome, jjq! w00t

I don't know of any other manufacturer other than COTK . . . and Moog, Polyfusion and Moog CE, that have ever made the half height modules.

Well there's Blacet and Doepfer but their sizes are a little off. Mr. Green
bwhittington
I was thinking through a design for a new case, and I wanted to have a middle row of 2U DIY panels to house mixers and such to save space. Then I realized that, duh, it'd pretty much been done before. Not so in love with COTK's offerings in that regard, but it'd be cool to make your own panels for stuff. Dotcom's pcb's would be easy to fit in that size, as would Doepfers' and other Euro. But you are pretty much left with DIY for an option for that.

It might be possible to get some blank panels from Kazike. It would be one of the few COTK purchases guaranteed to work as it should. Mr. Green

Cheers,
Brian
cornutt
Is that the size of the mixer modules that go in the bottom part of the old Moog cabinets?
CZ Rider
On the Moog modular, those "CP" panels are an odd size. I measured mine at 5 5/8" (5.625"), so it is in between sizes of the standard 1U - 1.75" increment.
For DIY you could just cut down some dotcom 4U blanks and grind off the little curved sides where it was cut. You could cut to any height from the odd 5.625", or to a more reasonable 5.25" (3U). Same with cutting down the Dotcom rack mount, just cut the ends down, drill and remount the crossbar. Those Dotcom rackmounts are modular and screwed together. I have thought about it.
Ranxerox
Sounds like an ideal opportunity to integrate some Euro or Blacet into a 5U set-up, if you don't mind building your own case and modifying the power and cv/audio connectors on those 'halfling' modules to MU standard.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1