MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plumbutter Panning
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Plumbutter Panning
sb
Hi

I'm a new Plumbutter owner and have been trying to work out whether it's possible to influence / defeat the hard panning of the Gongues ? I thought I'd read somewhere that it was possible to do this with patching.

Can anyone enlighten me ?

Cheers

Simon
wednesdayayay
Well there are audio output(white banana jacks) for each module (except ultrasound) this is mono audio plug it into a mixer and there you go

You could also just take a stereo 1/8 to mono double 1/4 splitter (insert cable maybe) and plug it from the output of the PB into a mixer and you should be able to pan the left and right channels however you please

Unless you want to open the thing up I would say your best bet is to figure the panning out outside of the plumbutter
mrbloor
wednesdayayay wrote:
Well there are audio output(white banana jacks) for each module (except ultrasound) this is mono audio plug it into a mixer and there you go

You could also just take a stereo 1/8 to mono double 1/4 splitter (insert cable maybe) and plug it from the output of the PB into a mixer and you should be able to pan the left and right channels however you please

Unless you want to open the thing up I would say your best bet is to figure the panning out outside of the plumbutter

tis what i do, sometimes use a cable, I have PB1 so use 2 x mono to one mono summed or if I'm using sidrax I have stereo 1/8 to mono 1/4 summed.
Also find it nice to take out signals via the whites to send individual sounds to guitar pedals, for that I use a Low Gain electronics UTL - 2, perfect.
sb
Thanks for the ideas guys!
jabs
Yep, I too use a stereo 1/8" to mono TS 1/4" cable into my mixer. I haven't played around with the panning much though, but that is a solution.
horaflora
I've been doing my panning adjustments in post - I record in stereo, then in a DAW, I make 2 versions of the track, one stays stereo and has the bass cut, and the other is rendered mono with the highs and mids cut - I like the panning on everything above a certain frequency, the low stuff sounds best coming out of both speakers at full volume!

I wonder it there's an easy way to achieve this with hardware...
analog therapy
hi ! mr bloor i have a UTL-1 and i try to make the same thing 1 month ago but that do nothing, i can't ear nothing, i don't understand why, because the UTL-1 is the same thing but just the jacks change, there is no other differences, i will try again.... waah seriously, i just don't get it
mrbloor
analog therapy wrote:
hi ! mr bloor i have a UTL-1 and i try to make the same thing 1 month ago but that do nothing, i can't ear nothing, i don't understand why, because the UTL-1 is the same thing but just the jacks change, there is no other differences, i will try again.... waah seriously, i just don't get it

Odd, mono 1/8 to mono 1/4? If your using a stereo patch lead it might not work, or visa versa, just a thought.
analog therapy
Indeed, I have verified with monotron in gong and it work, the big problems of the V2 are the audio in are stereo. very frustrating zombie Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1