MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac Sea Devils update?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author Frac Sea Devils update?
gnombient
The "Return of the Curse of Senrick" demo has me drooling over this bad boy. Is STG still planning to release a Frac version of the Sea Devils filter? Not that I'm opposed to 5U or mixed formats, but a Frac'ed Sea Devil would be mighty sweet!
parasitk
Somewhere it was said that this is not happening. A search will probably pull up the thread/post. Frac is dead to many manufacturers, unfortunately.
parasitk
Ehhh I can't find it. Maybe it was an email or IM conversation.
gnombient
parasitk wrote:
Frac is dead to many manufacturers, unfortunately.

waah

I guess it's a good thing I still have some space in my 5U rack!
indexofmetals
i agree that it's too bad - I'm putting all my synth money in bugbrand, metalbox & any wiard 1200 I can find - the sea devils filter in frac would be ideal

I wonder if he'd sell us populated pcb's - maybe metalbox could be convinced to do a frontpanel, just dreaming I guess
Muff Wiggler
i would give just about anything for one in frac cry
parasitk
I wonder if there's a minimum # we'd need to hit in order to make this worth STG's time? hmmm.....
suitandtieguy
it will be in euro, if you want mounting holes for frac I will put them on for you. does that sound OK?
gnombient
If the filter is in Euro format I assume I'd need a Euro power supply?
suitandtieguy
_every_ module i sell has a Synthesisers.com power connector.

the only change i'd have to make is on this module there's a 12 volt regulator for when it's used on a 15 volt system. i'd have to set it up for 15 volts but it's not a big deal. in eurorack there's a jumper strap i have to add and the 12v regulation gets omitted.
parasitk
Man that's tough. STG Frac panels were the sexiest in the format. sad banana
suitandtieguy
look Chris, i really appreciate your kind words but i just can't justify frac format any longer.

would it help if could make a eurorack rack frame for 50 bucks?
parasitk
No no, I know the deal. Hell I said as much in the second post of this very thread.

I'm not interested in Euro. At all. But maybe I'd go for a Euro panel on a Sea Devils set up for 15v to put in my Frac cabinet. We'll see what happens when my tax return gets here. Or hell, if you'd sell a populated 15v board I'd make my own panel.

What I said stands though - I love the look of the STG Frac (and MU, actually) panels - even more than the Euro or MOTM ones! thumbs up
Mr White
suitandtieguy wrote:
it will be in euro

nanners nanners nanners nanners just cant wait man!

...I would be glad to know an approximate ass width coz I'm dealing hard with rackspace but I badfucking want it!
suitandtieguy
it will be exactly the same as the P-L/LPF ... 2.8 inches.

i hope to have this stuff ready in a month or so, guys.
Mr White
great, I've exactly the last 14hp near the wavefolder! It's peanut butter jelly time!
waiting for a panel sketch then, what about knobs?
gnombient
[quote="parasitk"]if you'd sell a populated 15v board I'd make my own panel.[quote]

That's an awesome suggestion, can I second the request?
indexofmetals
I third Parasitk & gnombient - if you sell the populated 15v board I'll take several (probably 6 as I'm in process of building up a synthi100 size bugbrand). but I'll buy them anyway if their eurorack faceplate with frac holes & 15v modified. I'd just prefer them the populated board so I could mount them with the board parallel

I wish more manufactures would consider selling populated boards - I don't presume the faceplate is much of the selling price. But faceplates are a form of advertising as well.
visible cow
Oh man, a euro Sea Devils filter is coming....just when I thought I had my 9u all mapped out.

This will go very nicely with my Sem20 and z2040.....
suitandtieguy
i'm sorry, i won't sell populated boards, and if you just want the PCB you should buy the one from Mr Bridechamber because it's the same circuit, for the most part. if you want our PCB specifically (which you might, it's a Det3 board now) i can sell you that.

to the gentleman who would like 6 of them (most flattered): i can make you a eurorack frame which would hold all 6 perfectly in 3U just like a frac frame, each of them set up for 15V operation and with a Dotcom-MOTM cable supplied for each one. what would you do about the banana jacks?
indexofmetals
pm sent
parasitk
suitandtieguy wrote:
i'm sorry, i won't sell populated boards, and if you just want the PCB you should buy the one from Mr Bridechamber because it's the same circuit, for the most part.

Okay I guess I'll do that then.

sad banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1