MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Finished my PAiA 9700!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Finished my PAiA 9700!
theglyph
Started 2004 and finished 2010! Bump! Realized if I didn't finish it would probably fall into parts. The shit was mixed up over the years but most of the parts were kept in the original bags. After finishing the KLEE I realized that the 9700 kit wasn't that fucking difficult (it is a pain in the ass though). So I finished the modules off.

[img][/img]

I'll mount the modules with the power supply and test it tomorrow. I wonder if it will sound good?

BTW, the MIDI-to-CV module was traded for a MATHS so I'll probably be filling in the rack with my SN Voice at some point.
haricots
applause How many modules in total? So what makes these hard to build? Lots of flying wires to deal with?
theglyph
The flying wires are the difficult part but I purchased them when I was an amateur. The original 9700 full kit had the VCO, VCF, VCA, and MIDI/CV plus the shitty frac frame and the wall wart power supply The total modules I have now are three, minus the MIDI-to-CV, so I'm considering building the SN into the rest of the frame.
theglyph
aetherpulse
Looks good. Paia has always had a strange attraction to me.
And for those who don't think that's very many modules, behind the three panels are two VCO's two VCF's, two VCA's (one is a ring mod), three EG's/LFO's, and if I remember right a mixer.

Personally, I would put something like a DIY Wogglebug or something like that in the empty space.
scozbor
applause looks awesome to me!
theglyph
aetherpulse wrote:
Personally, I would put something like a DIY Wogglebug or something like that in the empty space.

Ah Yes! I've got a Wogglebug PCB sitting on my bench right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

And Yes, those three modules pack a lot of punch. The VCA has a noise source as well!
aetherpulse
theglyph wrote:
aetherpulse wrote:

Ah Yes! I've got a Wogglebug PCB sitting on my bench right now. Thanks for the suggestion!

And Yes, those three modules pack a lot of punch. The VCA has a noise source as well!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the noise source.
Kendall Station
New modules look so much better with the black knobs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1