MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PRC3A fun
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author PRC3A fun
darenager
I was just messing about with the PRC3A SV filter, running a few loops through it via the DD3 (not using it as an overdrive just as a level boost) So loop into DD3-> PRC3A

LP, BP and HP gave the results one would expect - the typical disco funk sound beloved of the likes of Daft Punk etc. But the Notch <with> resonance up full was pretty unique, some subtle weird vocal sounding tones were being picked out when the frequency was being swept, so it actually sounded like some strange alien dialog accompanying the loop, very cool.

The loop was just some drums, a bassline and a few spartan synth parts, quite minimal, the effect was quite subtle in that the original sound was very much unaffected aside from the usual notch effect - ie you could still hear all the parts clearly, but I'm guessing as the filter was being swept the resonance was being excited by certain frequencies and causing the vocal type sounds. I was using a clocked LFO to modulate the frequency. Give it a try, it sounds awesome thumbs up
BugBrand
Mmm!

Well, I'm going to pre-empt what others may say::::
Sounds!
Now!
(or, even better, a youtube - you do them so well..!)

I've usually found that the notch is best with res. turned down so am interested to hear this (yes, I should just try it out myself...)
Any good with TWO of the filters in parallel (or serial?!)

Nice!
jenamu6
Didn't happen.
darenager
lol Ok, here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_aARf2nmz4

we're not worthy BugBrand!
jenamu6
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah

Bug is talking funky.

thumbs up
mirri