MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Żłob Modular: Entropy 3hp Sample/Track\Hold Noise Out Now
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Żłob Modular: Entropy 3hp Sample/Track\Hold Noise Out Now
onurkalaycioglu
Fully Built Modules, PCBs, Kits, BOMs, and Demos are at my "site"

Zlob Modular

clock divider and vca info is on the 4th page, s/h info is on 7th page...

A couple disclaimers:
first off, if you're in europe thonk only sells jacks for these builds that have 4mm threads which isn't quite long enough for a 1/8" thick panel. wigglers have found ways around it further down in the thread. thonk must specially order 4mm thread length, because stock jacks are 4.5mm from qingpu. you can get the correct 4.5mm inline jacks from erthenvar.

second, the svf is a complicated/intermediate build i.e. its not for beginners. it requires a good iron tip, at least .020" core solder and a magnifying glass doesn't hurt for soldering the 2sa798 matched transistor pair

third, the svf uses caps with 2.5mm lead spacing and 4mm case length. so you need small caps in most instances.

First is a charismatic compact(4hp)state variable filter based on a thomas henry design.

$20 for pcbs+ panel
2sa798 matched transistor pair $3.50(needed for the filter)

second is a simple,4hp, 3 band equalizer with boost or cut of high, mid, and low bands based on another thomas henry design.

$10 pcb + panel

Third is a 4hp passive attenumixer. The 3 channels are normalled to a sum for cv and audio mixing or individual use as attenuators.

$10 pcb + panel

all the components are through hole and easily sourced from most any electronics supplier. The only rare(harder to solder) part is the 2sa798 matched transistor pair for the filter. id prefer you source your own transistors from ebay. they cost $2.99 each plus $2 shipping but they come on the slow boat from china....

Full kits: pcbs/components/panel etc
Th vcf:$80
Th eq:$40
Attenumix:$30

There's more info,pics, demos in the euro thread.
Zlob modular thread
Zaibach
This is great! Really like the panel design cool I would like to sign up for

2x equalizer pcbs + panels
1x filter pcb set + panel
EDIT: and also the trannies for ther filter!
sammy123
Well I'll definitely take a filter pcb/panel/matched tranny set.
ABC
filter pcb/panel/transistors for me
smcumber
Good work man, onurkalaycioglu / keven is a stand-up dude.
SoundPool
I'd find the filter of particular interest
onurkalaycioglu
smcumber wrote:
Good work man, onurkalaycioglu / keven is a stand-up dude.

Thanks Sam and zaibach. I failed to mention the 2sa798s will cost $3 each. Also shipping should be around $3-5 for USA. $8~ for Canada and $10~ for off the continent.

Also depending on quantity ordered, boards might not be in until mid August. As oshpark has around a 3 week turnaround for large orders.

For panels I've also been thinkin of using this silver mirrored acrylic as I've had success with it for panels in the past.

Silver mirrored

but if you want the navy blue and white that's fine. First run came out a little too wiardy. Gotta experiment with some different colors/aesthetics. Technically I can do whatever color acrylic you want but it will cost a little more per panel because I can't stock every color. But you can check inventables website for acrylic colors if you so choose. I only cut 1/8" or 3mm acrylic.
gde
Interested in at least one vcf and eq pcb
horstronic
Sounds good, I might get a filter and an EQ!
spneca
I'm in for full kits of VCF and Attenumix.
Zaibach
onurkalaycioglu wrote:

For panels I've also been thinkin of using this silver mirrored acrylic as I've had success with it for panels in the past.

Silver mirrored

Ooh, that also looks very interesting. I'll wait and see which panels you have in stock when you're about to ship - you don't have to make a custom panel just for me hihi
White on blue is fine for now cool
geecen
I'm in for a panel and PCB of the filter with matched transistors.

applause
a100user
Interested in full kits for filter and attenumixer
acilator
Interest in the VCF & EQ
mckenic
I think a stereo EQ and filter with trannys all with panels would be very interesting!

(oops forgot to add - Id MUCH rather the silver panel)
onurkalaycioglu
so i put up a list of people who want pcbs/etc. I'm going to need a monetary commitment in a couple days, as I'm going to place the order. but i will let you guys know the final cost of pcbs soon. please let me know if you're in or out of the buy.
mckenic
thumbs up
a100user
Still would like the two kits mentioned, filter and attenumixer kits thumbs up
onurkalaycioglu
so im going to place the pcb order soon. turns out oshpark is way too expensive for a large run. so unfortunately im having to outsource to china. hopefully that doesnt change peoples minds that wanted boards in the first place. not much should be different besides not having enig finish and now i can get different colors of boards. key points are im able to charge less for the filter pcbs now and the turnaround time should be a little more than 2 weeks as opposed to more than a month from oshpark.

so heres the prices

$20 for filter pcbs+ panel,

$3.50 for 2sa798 matcher transistor pair(needed for the filter)
(or you can source them yourself from ebay, but they are $2.99 each plus $2 shipping from china)

$15 for eq+ panel

$15 for attenumix + panel

for kits
filter $80
eq $40
attenumix $30

so far ive only heard from a few people on the list. if you are serious and ready to pay. you can paypal me at kevenkalay@gmail.com. you pay the fees... make sure you add your appropriate shipping cost to the total. im going to wait until monday the 27th to place the order so theres still time to order/pay.
sammy123
Oh sorry I thought you were going to pm me. What is shipping to Milwaukee?
Zaibach
Payment sent!
geecen
Still in for panel and pcbs for filter and would like the transistors if you still have them left! I'll send the payment when I get in tomorrow as I'm not at home ATM.

I'm in the UK, so it would be $20 + $3 + $10 + fee

Thanks
onurkalaycioglu
sammy123 wrote:
Oh sorry I thought you were going to pm me. What is shipping to Milwaukee?

shipping is $5 USA, $8 Canada, $10 Worldwide. but this is for no tracking shipping pcbs+panels.

people that want full kits it will be $7-10 shipping in USA with tracking, outside the country kits pm me, tracking is really expensive sending internationally although ive had many transactions with european wigglers with no problems sending things back and forth without it.

geecen wrote:
Still in for panel and pcbs for filter and would like the transistors if you still have them left! I'll send the payment when I get in tomorrow as I'm not at home ATM.

I'm in the UK, so it would be $20 + $3 + $10 + fee

Thanks

yep thats right, i guess i can sell the transistors to the first 8 people that pay because thats all i have. but i would still prefer you buy them yourself.

zaibach wrote:
Payment sent!

thanks

heres the rough bom for the filter.
Picture file

other things youll need are right angle male headers to connect the 2 pcbs and normal headers for the power connector and resonance normal/max, 9mm vertical mount pots, and thonkiconn style jacks. and i use a lm13700 instead of 2 3080s. i dont use tempcos because they are too expensive and it doesnt necessarily matter too much for a filter tracking 1/v oct using a 2k 1% resistor. also i use closer pitch capacitor pads on the filter board to maximize space. but im getting ahead of myself a bit, i can open up a build thread once we get there...
sammy123
Payment sent. Thanks mate.
mckenic
Thanks for this!
thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11