MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Encoder Audio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Encoder Audio
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
As far as I know , it will depend on if your using things like live.dial

If not, do you think I could easily connect live.dials to your dials ( or the target of your controls.
( they would not be be in presentation view, so would not spoil display:) )

I think these devices could be fantastic to use with push....

The middle section is actually two "multisliders" objects on each other...these are standard Max objects, not "Live.*" type :(
Orwell
Can you use push 2 to control any max for Live instrument or effect hmmm..... or does push just map standard ableton devices
If so that's pretty neat
thetechnobear
ok, so I decided to 'take a punt' and try it smile

in particular with the Turing Machine .

and the good news is it works really well, not only am i able to control the machine from the Push, but also ranges and values are displayed correctly.
its really very good.

there are a couple of small issues....
- output voltage depth and offset both get shown as output voltag ,due to spacing available
- CV1 is labelled as trigger freque...
- the main 'lock' knob is just called 'turn knob'
- smoothing is missing

Id guess the above are probably just due to the automation naming, so perhaps this could be altered, and it would work slightly better smile

one other 'oddity' I noticed, which is not particular to Push, when I put it in a rack it seemed some dials could not be mapped to macros and others could... its handy to do these mappings, so that the most useful controls can be put on the macro page of an instrument rack.

Im not sure how your other M4L devices will do on the push... and Ive noticed I cannot edit them to fix them, which is a real shame...

if you would like perhaps we can work something out, where I could test them for you on the push, and give feedback like the above... that way you can make them 'Push ready' smile
(PM me if your interested)

@Orwell, yes most instruments and effects are automatically mapped to the Push - requires little work on the developer side, but you have to be a little careful with some of the names used (as above) to ensure they make sense to the end-user.

anyway, top work snaper - I really like the turing machine smile
secretkillerofnames
Question for Push users with regards to Spektral. Would I be able to assign each band over four device pages to the Push knobs and be able to tweak the A/B in real time?
Because that sounds like a sweet deal!
snaper
Will lend a Push or, I think I should buy one...
thetechnobear
secretkillerofnames wrote:
Question for Push users with regards to Spektral. Would I be able to assign each band over four device pages to the Push knobs and be able to tweak the A/B in real time?
Because that sounds like a sweet deal!

will really depend on how its implemented....
my suspicion from experience with the Turing Machine is it will need a bit of 'tweaking' but it looks like is just minor tweaking.

Id buy it to test, but the patch is 'obfuscated', so I cant play with it to fix any issues.

Im a bit confused as to why its obfuscated (its not common practice on M4L devices) , it doesn't in anyway prevent copying ... but does stop tweaking to your own personal needs.
but hey as a fellow developer, i respects its encoders right to do as they please, but I think its a real shame... any chance of a non-obfuscated copy if it I buy.
(obviously i would not re-distribute etc)

snaper wrote:
Will lend a Push or, I think I should buy one...

sounds like a great idea... the original Push can now be had pretty cheaply, and its a great controller.
for M4L programming, really there is little difference between Push 1 and 2, the main one being it can display longer automation names. (the Push 1 is limited to, I think, 12 characters)
(currently the Push2 display cannot be accessed directly from M4L)

I think these kind of M4L devices are great on a Push, with Push support they really blur the line between hardware and software.

unrelated question, if you release new versions... how do I get access to things Ive previously bought?
snaper
grin
Yeah, patches are 'obfuscated', if I can say, but its not for "copy protection", I would say its "beginner m4l user experience protection", if you know what I mean. (Lot of graphic objects, attached files, etc.)

Of course, I can provide the unprotected version(s) for experimental users or users, who would like to customize their own copy.

Just drop me a mail, I'll send a link, already did this, feel free to ask me, I can help, etc.

Besides these I could provide free copies for Max, Live teachers, trainers or talented musicians without enough money.
mwvm
They look great. How does one go about using these with an ES-3?
thetechnobear
snaper wrote:
grin
Yeah, patches are 'obfuscated', if I can say, but its not for "copy protection", I would say its "beginner m4l user experience protection", if you know what I mean. (Lot of graphic objects, attached files, etc.)

Of course, I can provide the unprotected version(s) for experimental users or users, who would like to customize their own copy.

Just drop me a mail, I'll send a link, already did this, feel free to ask me, I can help, etc.

thanks snaper, that sounds perfect...
I'll order the other devices, then send you an email, for them all in one go.

had a lot of fun with turing machine, looking forward to playing with the others too this weekend.

Thanks
Mark
thetechnobear
bought them all, and they are all really nice devices ... innovative and really nicely put together.

out the box, most of the devices work pretty well with the push, with most controls being accessible. and I think lend themselves well to this kind of use, tinkering with the controls produces some really nice changes and its nice to do this with hardware encoders smile
(I've sent you an email re: 'unprotected' versions, for customizing)

one thing, I like Spektral, but find the modulation options dont seem to make as much as a difference as i would expect...
Ive not really dug really deeply, but I quite often use the filterbank on my Spectralis and its affect when being modulated is very pronounced, so Im a little surprised its so subtle on Spektral... but might be I'm missing something.

BTW: the spectralis allows you to sequence filterbank bands, which is a fantastic (and i think quite unique ) feature, perhaps this might be an interesting idea for you for the future, a combination between Spektral and Yakuza....
(I tried to MAP from Yakuza to a Spektral band but it didnt appear to allow it)
blooper
Gotta say these are some of my favorite max for live GUI's I've seen. Really makes a difference in usability.
snaper
It seems that my post from last evening got lost somehow...
Anyway, Happy Holidays guys!

Morph v1.0 just released!

https://encoderaudio.wordpress.com/morph/

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/3407/morph
shreeswifty
Morph is awesome BTW. Just grabbed it.
Sent you an email
snaper
shreeswifty wrote:
Morph is awesome BTW. Just grabbed it.
Sent you an email

Thanks for the mail!
Workin' on the request grin
snaper
Project page for Morph :

https://cycling74.com/project/morph/#.VoVkDpMrLq0
snaper
For the night owls :

The first buyer in 2016 will get all of the devices for free (besides the bought one of course grin )

Happy New Year, and thanks for the support in 2015!!!
synthi
Just bought Morph, hope to win the price!! nanners Rockin' Banana!

happy 2016! Guinness ftw!
snaper
The winner is J. Arias, but unfortunately, my mail to him came back...
If you read this, please drop me a mail wink
snaper
synthi wrote:
Just bought Morph, hope to win the price!! nanners Rockin' Banana!

happy 2016! Guinness ftw!

It seems you are the first from Muffs forum, so, you've got a PM wink
synthi
Thanks a lot snaper!!! Actually I´m J. Arias Mr. Green
Seems that I`ll begin 2016 playing with encoderaudio devices ! Rockin' Banana! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
snaper
synthi wrote:
Thanks a lot snaper!!! Actually I´m J. Arias Mr. Green
Seems that I`ll begin 2016 playing with encoderaudio devices ! Rockin' Banana! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners

Mystery solved! Have fun!
snaper
...and now its here :

Immensity

https://encoderaudio.wordpress.com/immensity/

[s]https://soundcloud.com/black-and-gold-faces/sets/encoder-audio-m4l- buchla-synth-beta-testing[/s]

[s]https://soundcloud.com/encoderaudio/sets/immensity[/s]
justscratch
that dark dark rhodes.. sounds great, can't wait to get home to fire this up!!
thetechnobear
ooh, will pick this and morph up later to complete my set smile

are you working on more modules? ...
this is a great set - an original and great sounding idea!
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
ooh, will pick this and morph up later to complete my set smile

are you working on more modules? ...

grin
Sure grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 2 of 8