MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Encoder Audio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Encoder Audio
ignatius
snaper wrote:
...and now its here :

Immensity

just had a go with it. super fun and it sounds great. need to rtfm but it's really playable and fun to jam with. i like the sound of it. nice job!
snaper
Thanks Ignatus grin
snaper
Oh Orwell...you and your suggestions, ideas.

Damn...I'm designing sliders... grin
bafonso
How come Sh101normality song has such hard clicks/glitches typically found in analog synths with DC offsets problems? it sounds interesting otherwise... love me some west coast :-)

The only thing I'm wondering is how do you connect all of these modules? They run as a m4l so you can't really treat them as a modular.. am I missing something? Why not release these also as blocks for reaktor?
ignatius
bafonso wrote:
How come Sh101normality song has such hard clicks/glitches typically found in analog synths with DC offsets problems? it sounds interesting otherwise... love me some west coast :-)

The only thing I'm wondering is how do you connect all of these modules? They run as a m4l so you can't really treat them as a modular.. am I missing something? Why not release these also as blocks for reaktor?

there are west coast blocks for reaktor.. but encoder audio works with max/msp as programmign environment by choice i suppose so that's your answer right there seriously, i just don't get it

but you can drop these into max like any other object and patch them together.

you can use them as modular in ableton under m4l just takes some head scratching to sort it out. open the filter on immensity and use the bandpass filter or spectral.. use all the routing options to move midi/control around between things and you can get quite modular with it though not in a typical way.
snaper
All of our stuff was designed to work as a standalone, but if you are an experimental guy, you can route things back and forth in Max or in Live wink
Orwell
The Next encoder audio product is going to blow minds
Get them all now and support the development of new products,!!!!!

No idea how snaper codes and gets that analog in the box but.....if it sounds good it is

Max for live is so much more stable than reaktor and the other vst shit out there
The reverb convolution max for live is outstanding
I hope the m4l future brings us solid and very simple synth vca, filter, vco convolution or nebula style sampling
Signal to noise is doing some great analog in the box nebula sampling which blows away uad and almost anything else in the daw world
Nebula is so dam cup intensive though, it drives me bonkers
bafonso
snaper wrote:
All of our stuff was designed to work as a standalone, but if you are an experimental guy, you can route things back and forth in Max or in Live wink

Yeah, I could use it in max I guess. But don't you run into modulation rate limitations? That has always been an issue with plugins, unless I can connect everything at audio rate. That would be great :-) I'd be curious to try a couple of your modules connected this way.
thetechnobear
these modules are all wild... till now I've tended to use the standalone, or at least just feeding midi or audio between them... this works well, and has kept me amused smile
e.g. using Yakuza or Polyrandom into (perhaps via scale) Immensity into Morph.

but when I started to integrated them, Ive stumbled across a few limitations,
which I think could be improved (I only use the 'MIDI' versions)

- the parameters within the modules dont appear to be mappable.
this has a few implications...
I cannot modulate (e.g) timbre of immensity via Map CV on Yakuza or other M4L objects that do this kind of automation mapping.
also (same reason I think) you cannot put immensity into an instrument rack, and then assign macros to its controls.

Note: to be clear automation of parameters works fine

- CV1 on things like Source
have to be accessed via Max, using "send enc_cv1" , this has 2 issues...
if you have 2 instances of source in a session both will get this message (its not scoped), also other encoder modules use the same name :(
... and really, Id prefer not to have to start digging into M4L to use these modules...

Id suggest perhaps CV are sent as midi messages, perhaps CCs (assignable)... I could imagine then a send/recv module that could allow mapping to live parameters. (use 14 bit CCs so resolution is reasonable)

p.s. there appears to be a bug with the internal clock in Yakuza, if you set STEPS and LAST to 4, its still counts to 16.... it behaves correctly if you used Live to sync it.

as I said, I'm having a wild time with all the modules, but it would be great if the modules could be integrated a little better.
(or perhaps I'm doing something wrong smile )
snaper
Yeah, you've right, the original idea of those CV inputs were totally different.
I did a small device, to convert MIDI gates to trigger, to trigger Yakuza with MIDI notes, will be part of the update, and also will make something you suggested, a module with assignable midi cc's.

Regarding the Timbre automation, its possible, but you have to assign the number"box" below the Timbre pot wink

Will take a look after a more sophisticated solution for the CVs and of course I will fix the problem in Yakuza, sorry about that!
thetechnobear
automation d'oh! should have known that, as its how the push automation is working!
I've notice some of the boxes are not mappable though, e.g. the ones in the waverform mixer in immensity.... this is a bit odd, since they are showing up on the Push, and work as automation... just cant be mapped.
(theres a few of them, and in the others devices too)

anyway, Im happy, just really some suggestions and observations ... the more modules you produce the more we will want to link them together smile

thanks
Mark
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
automation d'oh! should have known that, as its how the push automation is working!
I've notice some of the boxes are not mappable though, e.g. the ones in the waverform mixer in immensity.... this is a bit odd, since they are showing up on the Push, and work as automation... just cant be mapped.
(theres a few of them, and in the others devices too)

anyway, Im happy, just really some suggestions and observations ... the more modules you produce the more we will want to link them together smile

thanks
Mark

I will take a look, and I think its time to update every device to version 2, specially Yakuza.
There is a lot of things to improve there grin
snaper
Qucik updates :

Spektral 1.1
Turing Machine 1.4
Source 1.5

- minor fixes to improve CPU usage,
- shorter parameter names to see them correctly in Push
- external CV input replaced with an internal random voltage generator
- external trigger input replaced with MIDI note triggering
- new trigger generator has been added to CV version
snaper
Sneakpeak about the next module :

I need 1 more week to finish this one grin

If you have Immensity, check the about window.
There is an eastern egg for the name of this module gringringrin
snaper
Rainbow is out now :

https://encoderaudio.wordpress.com/rainbow/

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/3504/rainbow

granville
Snaper, wow! You are a genius, what a brilliant idea!
shreeswifty
keep em coming man these are really nice. I have a nice set forming here.
snaper
Thank you for the support guys wink
ignatius
awesome. so many great things in max4live devices these days. really enjoying your devices!
thetechnobear
Rainbow is alot of fun, even if Ive not really figured it out yet smile

even better, the changes for Push with shorter names, is great... makes them much more useable... could i vote for Immensity to have its names updated.
(the things like principle VCO X are too long)

great stuff, keep up the innovative work.
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
Rainbow is alot of fun, even if Ive not really figured it out yet smile

even better, the changes for Push with shorter names, is great... makes them much more useable... could i vote for Immensity to have its names updated.
(the things like principle VCO X are too long)

great stuff, keep up the innovative work.

Sure, Immensity is the next in my update list grin
snaper
Guys, I'm working on version two modules and I was wondering about change all of the GUI completely to the dark-blue design, like devices in the Essentials Bundle...

advantage :

- faster
- no floating windows
- full automation and recall

disadvantage :

- "average" look, no more eye candy :S

What do you think?
thetechnobear
Hmm its an interesting idea, probably quicker to develop as well.

Hard call though.. Im mainly interested in the sound, so I don't really mind the UI, but I will say it did probably attract me initially, we all love a bit of eye candy- especially Immensity, which looked familiar.

for me, though, priority is sound/utility first, so thats where I like the effort to be spent, and yeah, your other advantages are a definite very useful to me.

Id say 'go for it' if you can push out more buchla like modules smile

BTW: some extra good news...
Isotonik have released a tool which allows you to customise how a max4live device is displayed on the push, and it works brilliantly with your devices. (http://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/isotonik-preditor/). this also means I'm less sensitive to parameter naming now, as I can position and rename at will.

a question... Ive been trying to set up a Buchla Easel like device using your modules. and one thing I couldn't seem to do, was use the Immensity mod oscillator as a second oscillator (which you appear to be able to do with an Easel) perhaps this is not possible on a 259? only the 208?

Perhaps I need you to create a 208, perhaps given you have many components this might be too difficult? and an insta-buy for me
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
Hmm its an interesting idea, probably quicker to develop as well.

Hard call though.. Im mainly interested in the sound, so I don't really mind the UI, but I will say it did probably attract me initially, we all love a bit of eye candy- especially Immensity, which looked familiar.

for me, though, priority is sound/utility first, so thats where I like the effort to be spent, and yeah, your other advantages are a definite very useful to me.

Id say 'go for it' if you can push out more buchla like modules smile

BTW: some extra good news...
Isotonik have released a tool which allows you to customise how a max4live device is displayed on the push, and it works brilliantly with your devices. (http://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/isotonik-preditor/). this also means I'm less sensitive to parameter naming now, as I can position and rename at will.

a question... Ive been trying to set up a Buchla Easel like device using your modules. and one thing I couldn't seem to do, was use the Immensity mod oscillator as a second oscillator (which you appear to be able to do with an Easel) perhaps this is not possible on a 259? only the 208?

Perhaps I need you to create a 208, perhaps given you have many components this might be too difficult? and an insta-buy for me

it is a kinda secret, but I'm working on an Easel clone...since, I don't months ago.
The main reason I've asked this UI question is this. The Easel UI is almost ready, but, you know, looks exactly like a BEMI Easel, and I don't need trouble :S
thetechnobear
snaper wrote:

it is a kinda secret, but I'm working on an Easel clone...since, I don't months ago.
The main reason I've asked this UI question is this. The Easel UI is almost ready, but, you know, looks exactly like a BEMI Easel, and I don't need trouble :S

not a secret now ... really awesome news too... Rockin' Banana!

yeah, trouble is not good... there are lots of clones out there of other stuff, id assumed as long as they dont use tradements (e.g. 'easel , electronic music box', model numbers) or imply some kind of official backing they seem ok. but hey I'm not a lawyer smile

if you need a hand beta testing etc, send me a PM... happy to help, given your past work and the appeal of this, definitely will be buying this smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 3 of 8