MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Encoder Audio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Encoder Audio
secretkillerofnames
thetechnobear wrote:

BTW: some extra good news...
Isotonik have released a tool which allows you to customise how a max4live device is displayed on the push, and it works brilliantly with your devices. (http://isotonikstudios.com/sigabort/isotonik-preditor/). this also means I'm less sensitive to parameter naming now, as I can position and rename at will.

The upcoming version also allows you to add additional controllers from Max that the designers haven't made available to Ableton.
https://vimeo.com/168333804

Been Beta testing mainly for the Reaktor mapping functionality but good to hear it works for the Encoder Audio stuff - which is now pushed up to the top of my wishlist!

@snaper - make your own GUI - you don't need the hassle. smile
shreeswifty
snaper wrote:
Guys, I'm working on version two modules and I was wondering about change all of the GUI completely to the dark-blue design, like devices in the Essentials Bundle...

advantage :

- faster
- no floating windows
- full automation and recall

disadvantage :

- "average" look, no more eye candy :S

What do you think?

IN the Sequencer Module "Yakuza" it is almost impossible to set the value of the note precisely. can you add to the accuracy so i can explicitly set a scale in Midi number please
shreeswifty
also i suggest you DO NOT change the look of the modules. Currently they are the best looking stylized plugins i have EVER seen in the hisrtoy of M4L. Do not change them in that way.
snaper
Oh, yeah, Yakuza.
Checked, and dang, can't fix that without digging deeper.

Thank you Shreeswifty the comment, and trust me, I love the look too, thats why I've spent literally nights to draw those knobs, buttons in Knobman.

But.

I've made a decision, that from v2 I will use only native Live objects, because, for example, making more precise knob resolution (I mean, where you can set properly), is much more easier and faster with those objects :S

Working with picture objects is a pain in the ass, honestly.

The main problem, is that if I have to update or fix something, its a nightmare to dig in the jungle of objects, behind objects.

One example, and you'll see, why I have to change :

You see a pot, but actually, there is two. One is the fancy looking one, the other one is a Live supported one, for state saving (with the Live set) and for automation...

Version two of Yakuza is my next thing, I've finished the Turing Machine (usage was 4-5% in my mac, now it's 0% grin) and Spektral.

Next post is about the changes ...
snaper
So, future changes for version two :

- only Live objects (makes them faster, easy to automat and save)
- separate AC Encoder device, no need to load a CV or MIDI version (done)
- much smaller interface
- only Live synced clock, it turned out, the internal clock is useless :(
- literally every parameter automat-able and saved with the set
- I will prepare a "design" package from version 1 design files, like knob files for Knobman, etc., for others, who would like to do something similar in VST/AU/Reaktor world
snaper
Oh, forgot to mention, that of course, requests, ideas, suggestions are welcome, I've just started the transition, so I can implement anything you want guys grin
snaper
Started updating today, watch your mails!

snaper
New site up and running, will send out the update mails asap.

www.encoderaudio.com

Still fine tuning the site, but almost there...
thetechnobear
first batch of v2 devices has arrived smile

whilst a shame to lose the old look, initial impressions is these are much more useable, they are nice and compact, and don't get in the way, and the new mapping feature is really nice. thumbs up

one small thing, some of the writing on the devices is tiny ... virtually unreadable, even on a 27" monitor. I can see your short of space though.
perhaps if there was a manual, with bigger screenshots?

are the other devices also being updated? ... I guess it could take some time.
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
first batch of v2 devices has arrived smile

whilst a shame to lose the old look, initial impressions is these are much more useable, they are nice and compact, and don't get in the way, and the new mapping feature is really nice. thumbs up

one small thing, some of the writing on the devices is tiny ... virtually unreadable, even on a 27" monitor. I can see your short of space though.
perhaps if there was a manual, with bigger screenshots?

are the other devices also being updated? ... I guess it could take some time.

Will fix that.
Yes, every device will be updated, but I'm just about to release something big.
It's bigger than 200 with eight grin
thetechnobear
cool , look forward to seeing what you have in store for us smile

another issue...
Spektral is correctly showing all parameters on the Push,
but (e.g.) Yakuza is not showing any parameters.

it seems for some reason the Yakuza parameters are not exposed... though they exist, since you can map them in an instrument rack and automate them

unfortunately, I cannot edit, to see why this is the case... but perhaps you know whats different between Yakuza and Spectral
(turing machine is like Yakuza, Ive not check the others yet)
synthi
snaper wrote:

Congrats for the new release smile
...And waiting for that 200+8!!!!!!! Rockin' Banana!
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
cool , look forward to seeing what you have in store for us smile

another issue...
Spektral is correctly showing all parameters on the Push,
but (e.g.) Yakuza is not showing any parameters.

it seems for some reason the Yakuza parameters are not exposed... though they exist, since you can map them in an instrument rack and automate them

unfortunately, I cannot edit, to see why this is the case... but perhaps you know whats different between Yakuza and Spectral
(turing machine is like Yakuza, Ive not check the others yet)

Could you drop me a mail?
I can send you the open version to check with your Push, because in theory, there is no difference between them, I mean, every control should looks the same on push...
snaper
synthi wrote:
snaper wrote:

Congrats for the new release smile
...And waiting for that 200+8!!!!!!! Rockin' Banana!

grin
Actually. that is the main reason of the big change.
With the original UI design, that would be soooo damn obvious gringringringrin
thetechnobear
email sent, happy to take take a look

really looking forward to the 8 + 200 , if you can nail the sound, its going to be huge..

btw... do you think it will be polyphonic, i know the original isn't but software doesn't have to have the same limitations, and with max you could wrap the voice in a poly~... if you do, Id love to talk to you about the potential for an 'expressive' version using OSC for the Soundplane smile
snaper
Everything has been updated, thanks to the eagle eyes of the mighty technobear, no some irritating bugs are fixed.

But.
snaper
It.

Is.

Here.

No floating window, compact, stuffed with extreme amount of functions and tried to "expand" the original unit.
I hope you'll like it, there is literally 5-6 months of work in this grin

Thank you for my good friend Nick, who gave me extremely helpful advices grin
thetechnobear
will be checking that out this evening! smile

(also intrigued to see how you have handled the patching side)
secretkillerofnames
Nice work and nice price! applause
thetechnobear
had a quick play today , and great work hyper

takes a bit of getting used too as its quite complex, but Ive got the basics down, but not got it 'singing' yet.

a few questions:
- it seems if you have env gen s=0 the decay doesn't trigger.
- dual lo pass gate, im assuming the orange/yellow indicates a 'fixed' routing to env gen and pulsar respectively. (of course mod can be 0) and you have the other 2 inputs.
- im a bit confused about the routing, to A/B and the dual lo pass gate mode. is this to (optionally) split the output from gate a/b to different output sections, and thereby adjust relative volumes? (boost = drive/distortion?)
- im a little confused over the oscillator sliders/labelling, is it
mod osc - freq mod (input) freq mod (fixed) modulator (input)? modulator (fixed)
comp osc - pitch(input), pitch(fixed) timbre(input) timbre(fixed)
(second input for timbre modulation)

a couple of suggestions:
- for inputs colour them according to what they are connected to, midi,seq,pulsar, random(1-4).

- could you allow automation for 'input source', so I can select from push, also pulsar source (its there for env and random)
oh, and enumerations like noise for automation sources, are nicer than the 0,3 i get for env... not sure if thats easy to do

- presets, I think a few examples would be really handy, its a complex beast, and it too me a few minutes before i could get a sound out of it that was tracked to the keyboard smile

Id also (unfortunately) repeat my comment about some aspects being really small to read..... difficult given the restricted M4L devices space.
Its not a huge issue for me, as Im going to map it all to the Push, so probably will use that mostly.

really cool device, lots of possibilities... and a great sound, look forward to really exploring this smile

Mark
101010oxo
Great stuff! I have bought and am just trying out the Turing Machine and Source. Love it!

thumbs up

EDIT: just saw that this was indeed my post number 1000 at Muffwiggler! screaming goo yo
snaper
thetechnobear wrote:
had a quick play today , and great work hyper

takes a bit of getting used too as its quite complex, but Ive got the basics down, but not got it 'singing' yet.

a few questions:
- it seems if you have env gen s=0 the decay doesn't trigger.
- dual lo pass gate, im assuming the orange/yellow indicates a 'fixed' routing to env gen and pulsar respectively. (of course mod can be 0) and you have the other 2 inputs.
- im a bit confused about the routing, to A/B and the dual lo pass gate mode. is this to (optionally) split the output from gate a/b to different output sections, and thereby adjust relative volumes? (boost = drive/distortion?)
- im a little confused over the oscillator sliders/labelling, is it
mod osc - freq mod (input) freq mod (fixed) modulator (input)? modulator (fixed)
comp osc - pitch(input), pitch(fixed) timbre(input) timbre(fixed)
(second input for timbre modulation)

a couple of suggestions:
- for inputs colour them according to what they are connected to, midi,seq,pulsar, random(1-4).

- could you allow automation for 'input source', so I can select from push, also pulsar source (its there for env and random)
oh, and enumerations like noise for automation sources, are nicer than the 0,3 i get for env... not sure if thats easy to do

- presets, I think a few examples would be really handy, its a complex beast, and it too me a few minutes before i could get a sound out of it that was tracked to the keyboard smile

Id also (unfortunately) repeat my comment about some aspects being really small to read..... difficult given the restricted M4L devices space.
Its not a huge issue for me, as Im going to map it all to the Push, so probably will use that mostly.

really cool device, lots of possibilities... and a great sound, look forward to really exploring this smile

Mark

Hi Mark,

Oh, yeah, complex, I'm working on the manuals, for every device grin

And the answers :

- s means sustain, so it is a bit confusing, will take a look again Mr. Barton's videos about the Envelope section :S
- yes, those are fixed, orange is the env gen., yellow is the pulser. To the other two inputs, you can route something and control the CV level with external CV grin
- routing is a bit interesting, but more or less the same as in the original :
LPG a could go to out A, in this case, the mod vco is routed to LPG B, or could go directly to LPG B. In the mixer section there is a main level control, then a boost, not for overdrive, but sometimes, if you play with the envelope pulser curves, you can lose some volume, so this is the boost for grin
- the OSC pots follows the scheme of the original :

- Mod VCO frequency modulation mount (basically a cv attenuator)
- Frequency
- Modulation amount CV control, this is an attenuator for a CV, which can control the amount of the mod vco, which is sent directly to the complex vco...
- Complex VCO CV attenuator
- then yes, manual Pitch,
- timbre CV input attenuator and manual Timbre
- at the bottom, the another timbre is a CV input for the waveform...called timbre in the original as well :S

About the suggestions :

- I can do that I think, will take a look, seems EZ, and not that bad, CPU vise...if you mean, it changes the colour right after you've selected the cv input?

- consider it done, will do this
- grin
snaper
btw, these are fookin' brilliant ideas Mark....I should've done this before grin
stephenvit
i bought Rainbow just as the new website went up and the documentation for that one is gone. Just curious to know if Rainbow is being updated as well or discontinued? Thanks...
snaper
stephenvit wrote:
i bought Rainbow just as the new website went up and the documentation for that one is gone. Just curious to know if Rainbow is being updated as well or discontinued? Thanks...

Nothing will be discontinued, everything will be updated as soon as possible, but during the update process, I always find possibilities of mods/improvements grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 4 of 8