MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Old Blood Noise Endeavors
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Old Blood Noise Endeavors
Bonefish67
If you haven't checked out the She shreds and Here:Hear videos on their sight yet here is the link. Some great tones and a good mix of pedals. Fun stuff.
-Mike
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCZE-jXnGiPBJxu_-PooHYQ
Tombola
Enjoying my Black Fountain. Great demo here: http://www.knobsdemos.com/oldblood-blackfountain.html
trickness
Love their pedals, own a couple, but their cliched hipster demo videos get me thinking about hammer parties
Bonefish67
trickness wrote:
Love their pedals, own a couple, but their cliched hipster demo videos get me thinking about hammer parties

LOL..I must be getting old because I'm not sure what a hammer party is? I did like that they brought in local Oklahoma artist and used a variety of pedals from numerous manufacturers.
-Mike
Bonefish67
Tombola wrote:
Enjoying my Black Fountain. Great demo here: http://www.knobsdemos.com/oldblood-blackfountain.html

Thanks for the link.
-Mike
Tombola
Bonefish67 wrote:
trickness wrote:

LOL..I must be getting old because I'm not sure what a hammer party is? I did like that they brought in local Oklahoma artist and used a variety of pedals from numerous manufacturers.
-Mike

It's when you wear huge trousers and sing 'Can't touch this', I believe
Bonefish67
Tombola wrote:
Bonefish67 wrote:
trickness wrote:

-Mike

It's when you wear huge trousers and sing 'Can't touch this', I believe

LOL, parachute pants...I remember those parties......
trickness
In one of their fuzz pedal demo videos, they sit in the woods with a Marshall & a dog, mumble a lot and drink beers. At one point one of the guys gets up and takes a piss with his back to the camera.

Pretty sure one of them is the "don't tase me, bro!" guy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hammer+party
pulse_divider
I haven't watched any of their videos but they're totally genuine nice people.
trickness
pulse_divider wrote:
I haven't watched any of their videos but they're totally genuine nice people.

That's what they said about the people at Jonestown too.
Bonefish67
trickness wrote:
In one of their fuzz pedal demo videos, they sit in the woods with a Marshall & a dog, mumble a lot and drink beers. At one point one of the guys gets up and takes a piss with his back to the camera.

LOL, I never would have guessed that definition for hammer party but I've seen the hammer scene played out in the 1st season of Justified. Being from Southeast Texas originally, I can certainly relate to a cranked Marshall + lots of cheap beer in the woods. Fun times man......
-Mike
trickness
Bonefish67 wrote:
trickness wrote:

LOL, I never would have guessed that definition for hammer party but I've seen the hammer scene played out in the 1st season of Justified. Being from Southeast Texas originally, I can certainly relate to a cranked Marshall + lots of cheap beer in the woods. Fun times man......
-Mike

Yeah, me too. Never done the Marshall but I've done the beer in the woods plenty hihi

Their Procession reverb pedal is the shizz btw...
Bonefish67
I just ordered this pedal today. Dark Star pad reverb. Has anyone here got one of these yet? I should get it and my new Count to 5 pedal shipped here shortly. Stoked!

Demo starts at about 3:30 in the video. Can't wait to hit the hold button...
MindMachine
^ So how does that Dark Star Pad Reverb sound? I like the combo of effects and the simplicity of it. It seems like an odd pedal. I have a CT-5 and a couple of Particles and am wondering if this might be something different than what they cover.
Infinity Curve
MindMachine wrote:
^ So how does that Dark Star Pad Reverb sound? I like the combo of effects and the simplicity of it. It seems like an odd pedal. I have a CT-5 and a couple of Particles and am wondering if this might be something different than what they cover.

I've also been considering this guy. Like what I've heard and also dig the simplicity of it. Anybody got any example with synths, ideally droney stuff?

The black fountain also sounds interesting, but I don't really need any more delays right now.

I've been bouncing around the idea of grabbing either this or a strymon blue sky, but the dark star seems to have a bit more character, doesn't really sound a lot like other reverbs. Also been considering the walrus audio descent.

Any thoughts from anybody who've tried all 3 with synths? I've found examples of the descent and blue sky, but nothing for the dark star, other than guitar wankery
MindMachine
^ I'll plug one into a mono synth the next time I'm at Perfect Circuit. I want to mainly use on synths too or as an insert into my modular. My Yamaha YC Reface needs an oddball hooked up to it too. Maybe this is the dude.
Infinity Curve
So I picked up a dark star the other day, really digging it. Seems to cut a bit of low end in the sub bass range, but nothing too serious. Has a really nice sound, and even on more extreme settings with longer reverb it doesn't get too overpowering. Really digging the delay mode, and crush seems cool. The pitch mode is pretty bad ass too, as it appears to give you 2 variable pitch shifts, so you can make chords and stuff, pretty neat.

Funny though, I thought it was broken for the first hour as the hold switch wasn't doing what I expected, but upon further perusal of the manual there is a switch inside the pedal that changes the switch behaviour - it either holds the last played note when pressed, or maxes out the CTRL 1 setting. Mine was set to the CTRL 1 out of the box, so I was pressing it and getting a weird glitch effect and then the reverse when I let go, all like 'WTF is this?'' Was happy to find out it was normal, just need to remove the back and change the switch. Not sure what uses you have for instantly maxing the CTRL 1 knob, but whatever, sounds weird anyways

Will have the Mondegreen delay and Reflector Chorus in a couple days, will post back with impressions
Bonefish67
Infinity Curve wrote:
So I picked up a dark star the other day, really digging it. Seems to cut a bit of low end in the sub bass range, but nothing too serious. Has a really nice sound, and even on more extreme settings with longer reverb it doesn't get too overpowering. Really digging the delay mode, and crush seems cool. The pitch mode is pretty bad ass too, as it appears to give you 2 variable pitch shifts, so you can make chords and stuff, pretty neat.

Funny though, I thought it was broken for the first hour as the hold switch wasn't doing what I expected, but upon further perusal of the manual there is a switch inside the pedal that changes the switch behaviour - it either holds the last played note when pressed, or maxes out the CTRL 1 setting. Mine was set to the CTRL 1 out of the box, so I was pressing it and getting a weird glitch effect and then the reverse when I let go, all like 'WTF is this?'' Was happy to find out it was normal, just need to remove the back and change the switch. Not sure what uses you have for instantly maxing the CTRL 1 knob, but whatever, sounds weird anyways

Will have the Mondegreen delay and Reflector Chorus in a couple days, will post back with impressions

good stuff.... i got my dark star for some extra texture and to play as an instrument.... it also loves being sandwiched between the ct5 and the moog 104m for a #creamycenterlol..... looking forward to try out a few more pedals from these folks in the near future..... mike
Futuresound
what does the Expression Out do on their new v2 pedals?

seriously, i just don't get it
Bonefish67
Futuresound wrote:

i will have to check into that....it would be interesting if it could modulate other pedals expression in.....oh yeah..... SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
MindMachine
Infinity Curve wrote:

Sounds great!! So are you saying the switch can be made to work as a 'Freeze' function?

If you say 'yes' then I need to go get one soon.

Bonefish67 wrote:
Futuresound wrote:

i will have to check into that....it would be interesting if it could modulate other pedals expression in.....oh yeah..... SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

That would be a cool little feature - why not have that?
Infinity Curve
MindMachine wrote:
Infinity Curve wrote:

Sounds great!! So are you saying the switch can be made to work as a 'Freeze' function?

If you say 'yes' then I need to go get one soon.

Bonefish67 wrote:
Futuresound wrote:

That would be a cool little feature - why not have that?

Yup, works as a freeze. Oh, and the Mondegreen and Reflector are both awesome as well. Will try to post some examples this weekend, sound absolutely fantastic together. No idea on the expression stuff though, haven't messed with that stuff at this point, been mostly just manually turning knobs and seeing what they can do
Infinity Curve
So I am not sure about this whole 'expression out' thing. They make no mention of it in any of the manuals or anything, only discusses expression in, and the switch inside the pedal to decide what the expression input controls. Not sure if this was a typo on their marketing materials? As far as I can see, these only accept expression INPUT

As for the Reflector, I am going to be sending it back sadly. It seems to massively cut any low end going into it, which is no good for the drones and stuff I usually make. Sounds good for what it is, but I need my low end. Going to swap it for the Black Fountain. Love LOVE LOOOVE the Mondegreen, sounds awesome and quite a range of tones. Interested to see how the Black Fountain stacks up
Bonefish67
Infinity Curve wrote:
So I am not sure about this whole 'expression out' thing. They make no mention of it in any of the manuals or anything, only discusses expression in, and the switch inside the pedal to decide what the expression input controls. Not sure if this was a typo on their marketing materials? As far as I can see, these only accept expression INPUT

As for the Reflector, I am going to be sending it back sadly. It seems to massively cut any low end going into it, which is no good for the drones and stuff I usually make. Sounds good for what it is, but I need my low end. Going to swap it for the Black Fountain. Love LOVE LOOOVE the Mondegreen, sounds awesome and quite a range of tones. Interested to see how the Black Fountain stacks up

i am interested in the mondegreen and it would be cool to hear your samples...
Northward
trickness wrote:

Hahaa! Really dig that Dark Star, but watching their increbible moronic hipster videoes, I felt like...

I want to hear from one their makers, not some random beer drinking unfocused bearded hipster twat!!! Jeeesus how annoying!!!!

I feel reluctant to support a company with this type of marketing. Alternatives to a Dark Star are wellcome, thank you. (yup! I've been in the Military hihi )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2