MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gotharman's FX deFormer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Gotharman's FX deFormer
gotharman
A new thing:

101010oxo
Sounds very interesting thumbs up

Need to check this out more!
Nelson Baboon
How does it differ from the little deformer? lacks sampling/recording features, and just works as live fx?
gotharman
101010oxo wrote:
Sounds very interesting thumbs up

Need to check this out more!


Thank you very much! Specs will be revealed now and then.
gotharman
Nelson Baboon wrote:
How does it differ from the little deformer? lacks sampling/recording features, and just works as live fx?


It's a smaller and cheaper version of LD, with a HI-Z input, 10 minutes of monophonic sampling, a small sequencer, a filter, distortion and most of the time and pitch effects.
tron23
Definitely a great idea, I find myself not exporing the LD enough especially on the seq department having a different sequencer as the centerpiece of my setup. But I would not do without it's effects/mangling and some of the unique sampler features! hmmm.....
darmklacht@gmail.com
brilliant! was curious about some of the effects but had no use for most of the other features and had a lot of trouble justifying the pricetag of the LD to use as just an effects box...
this is what ive secretly been hoping for.
I do hope it can loop audio, although there are also other toys for that.
tIB
As someone who was considering adding a v1 deformer to process my LD2 this is very interesting indeed!
gotharman
darmklacht@gmail.com wrote:
brilliant! was curious about some of the effects but had no use for most of the other features and had a lot of trouble justifying the pricetag of the LD to use as just an effects box...
this is what ive secretly been hoping for.
I do hope it can loop audio, although there are also other toys for that.


Great to hear :-)
In the second part of the video, it plays a loop of the guitar sound...
darmklacht@gmail.com
cool!
wasnt able to see/listen to the video yet. but your description sounds like its what I really wanted... was always quite jealous when reading the LD thread when people where talking/showing off about the effects... I´m starting saving today.
can you give any clue on an ETA or estimated price goal?
gotharman
It will be something around half the price of LD2 Rockin' Banana!
Nelson Baboon
If this were to have all of the fx power of the ld2, I'd consider selling that to get this, since I pretty much use my ld2 as fx only. But if it's scaled down, I'll gladly keep the ld2...
Paranormal Patroler
~ 650 euro is a bit pricy for an effects box. Cool premise though.
mckenic
Oooh!
gotharman
Nelson Baboon wrote:
If this were to have all of the fx power of the ld2, I'd consider selling that to get this, since I pretty much use my ld2 as fx only. But if it's scaled down, I'll gladly keep the ld2...


It is scaled down. It only has half the DSP power of LD2, so it has no compressor, no filter bank (it does have a single filter), no DoublGran, no PitchShaper with 2 inputs, and no second effect.

It does have all the other effects though.
gotharman
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
~ 650 euro is a bit pricy for an effects box. Cool premise though.


Half price of LD2 are around 550 euro :-)
gotharman
mckenic wrote:
Oooh!


YEAAHH!!!
mecanikill
Will any of the old expanders work with it?
gotharman
mecanikill wrote:
Will any of the old expanders work with it?


It should work, but I have not comed to that part of the design yet.
Kernelkunt
This is highly relevant to my interests!
h4ndcrafted
Looks like a gateway drug to me, smart move!

Having wrestled with the idea, and price of the ld2 and was seriously looking at the fusion at one point, this could be very seductive, although part of the draw was the sp1200 filter option on the others.

Been looking at all sorts of small samplers over the last few months, tbh I don't want to mangle things to Lofi crunch, which a lot of the demos seem to do. I am interested in what the output quality is like though.
I'm often disappointed at the overall sound from smaller samples, my su700 seems to be the exception, warming and seems to add a bit of width ? To sound.
If this sounds nice I will def be interested.
telegasm
Awesome!!! This is exactly what I was looking for.
gotharman
mecanikill wrote:
Will any of the old expanders work with it?


Now tested to be working with it:

AnaX mkII
SP box
anAmoNo box
Tube box
USB box

Expected release in the forthcoming week Rockin' Banana!
weinglas
Looks and sounds like a very cool little box applause
gotharman
Thank you very much friend :-)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group