MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[AVAILABLE!] Haible Dual WASP filter (eurorack)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author [AVAILABLE!] Haible Dual WASP filter (eurorack)
nordlead
fonik and I had another brainstorming session last night and came up with the idea of an (official) Dual Haible WASP filter as a kit in Eurorack format (possibly with a little addon that has to be tested yet MY ASS IS BLEEDING ) ...

Kit would comprise front panel + component pcb + main pcb

(As I've acquired the entire Haible IP this would be the first legit Haible module in Euro ...)

Anyone interested ?

w00t
woodster
YES !
jh0n
YES!!
Jarno
I've built the WASP VCF from Foniks' website (schematic by Juergen Haible), and it's a really really nice VCF, lot's of character!

Not sure I'll need another (or two) though.
LoFi Junglist
nordlead wrote:
...As I've acquired the entire Haible IP...

Hurry up and release everything already MY ASS IS BLEEDING
indigoid
Sounds good to me, count me in.

Bonus points if

- it self-oscillates and tracks 1V/octave well (edit: doepfer's page says the A-124 doesn't self-osc, and given Ian Fritz' recent comments about that the history of that filter, am I right in assuming JH's didn't either?)

- it's not very deep

- vc resonance? please? :-)
Grumskiz
I have also built the DIY Wasp VCF from foniks website, but I currently don't use it. I was always intrigued by the Dual Wasp from Cyndustries. (Was it Cyndustries, correct me if I am wrong...)
So a dual euro version would be very nice! One suggestion: Maybe ditch the two CA3080s in favor of one LM13700?
Jarno
indigoid wrote:
Sounds good to me, count me in.

Bonus points if

- it self-oscillates and tracks 1V/octave well (edit: doepfer's page says the A-124 doesn't self-osc, and given Ian Fritz' recent comments about that the history of that filter, am I right in assuming JH's didn't either?)

- it's not very deep

- vc resonance? please? :-)

Regarding the first points, mine does self oscillate, but I personally did not bother to check for V/Octave-ness. I regard VCF's like this more as "character" VCF's not as "highly accurate" VCF's. If you need the latter, I think you need to look elsewhere.
The Wasp was simple and nasty, not highly scientific and accurate.
jgb
Interested!
woodster
A dual with some overdrive in there would be akin to the Oscar filter ?
The Separation control is also great on the Oscar, would be nice to have in a euro module.
spacedog
YES ! w00t
fonik
indigoid wrote:

i built one 100% according jürgens schematic. i run it with 15V, though. and it selfoscillates!

however, to make it 1V/oct would make it another module! why? okay, the filter core is the wasp, jürgen did just accommodate resistor values to common values of the E24 series.
but: as jürgen told me at some point, the CV circuitry is what makes it special and a jürgen haible deisgn (besides the incorporation of a CMOS distortion). to make it track one would have to replace the special CV circuitry...

Quote:
- it's not very deep

take a look at my other eurorack PCB/Panel kits. you will be good most likely. cool
sammy123
I'd be interested.
brickman
Any chance you're thinking of doing an assembled module ?
Reality Checkpoint
Yes please.

1 kit for me.

thumbs up
teebeehex
Interested in this one. This is fun!
synchromesh
That certainly sounds intriguing... and would be very hard to resist. This is fun! thumbs up w00t
qfactor
headbang Yes!!
sixty_n
definitely interested
mecanikill
I would take one.
frozenkore
I'm definitely in!
andrewradtke
Heck YES!!! Separation control please with CV....

MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

This is my #1 filter style and I was gonna breadboard one of these if I had some spare time.
fonik
i am in fear of feature creep, nevertheless, i will franky discuss all options with ralf. however, the more options, the more PCB real estate is needed. and i wanted to keep the actual circuits on one PCB so that the eurorack adapter PCB is only optional. anyways, there will be a solution.
geecen
Definitely sounds interesting! What other JH designs do you guys have up your sleeves??
thetwlo
YES!!!!!! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8