MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Black Locust question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Black Locust question
mecanikill
Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up the Black Locust to the Evin 209? I was going to pick one up if it can be used with the Evin 209 I currently have.
robotopsy
Yeah I the Black locust ( Stillton adaptor ) & Red Falcon ( Evin 209 ) are supposed to be all compatible. And with the Homicide Sensor too Rockin' Banana!
Endorfinity
robotopsy wrote:
Red Falcon

oh shiiiiiiiiiiit, i LOVE Contra Dead Banana

robotopsy
Homicide Sensor is also from Contra nanners
Endorfinity
robotopsy wrote:
Homicide Sensor is also from Contra nanners

didn't knew that, cool thumbs up
mecanikill
robotopsy wrote:
Yeah I the Black locust ( Stillton adaptor ) & Red Falcon ( Evin 209 ) are supposed to be all compatible. And with the Homicide Sensor too Rockin' Banana!

So have you hooked up the Black Locust and Evin 209 together and do they work well?
robotopsy
Sadly I dont have the Black locust yet
I want to wait until the Homicide censer is out !!!
governor blacksnake
mecanikill wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up the Black Locust to the Evin 209? I was going to pick one up if it can be used with the Evin 209 I currently have.

Yes, they are compatible. The Black Locust has an extra header (vs. the Stilton Adaptor) that allows you to connect the matrix mixer and have the channel numbers properly line up from unit to unit.

The "Red Falcon" matrix mixer will be produced soon, it is an Evin 209 with knobless knobs, full bipolar mode, a defeat switch for the feedback mode (the feedback expander now sums into each column amplifier instead of taking over the jack normals), and a simple tilt EQ for each row output.. as well as numerous headers for creating larger matrices.
mheumann
I am curious about the Black Locust, but I also have very little experience with pedals/stompboxes. Theoretically, any of these would work with this module, but are there some that would work better with a Harvestman-heavy system than others? I'm thinking mostly of effects pedals (phasing, delay, reverb, distortion, etc.)
EnricoGaruda
just to know if it's any good as a mic ( dynamic ) pre-amplifier
oneano
governor blacksnake wrote:
mecanikill wrote:

Yes, they are compatible. The Black Locust has an extra header (vs. the Stilton Adaptor) that allows you to connect the matrix mixer and have the channel numbers properly line up from unit to unit.

The "Red Falcon" matrix mixer will be produced soon, it is an Evin 209 with knobless knobs, full bipolar mode, a defeat switch for the feedback mode (the feedback expander now sums into each column amplifier instead of taking over the jack normals), and a simple tilt EQ for each row output.. as well as numerous headers for creating larger matrices.

full bipolar, does this mean that it will allow for negative feedback?
EarlJemmings
governor blacksnake wrote:

Ooh, the summing would make a pretty big difference. And EQ! That would be amazing!
I like the size factor of my v1 feedback console, but that functionality combined with Homicide Censor (whenever that's out) would be bloody damn amazing!
Looking forward to adding easy CV control to my feedback.

oneano wrote:
full bipolar, does this mean that it will allow for negative feedback?

Yup, on the Evin209 each row has a switch to make the knobs attenuverters. Very good to have.
oneano
mheumann wrote:
I am curious about the Black Locust, but I also have very little experience with pedals/stompboxes. Theoretically, any of these would work with this module, but are there some that would work better with a Harvestman-heavy system than others? I'm thinking mostly of effects pedals (phasing, delay, reverb, distortion, etc.)

I have used a non euro version of this set up for years with a matrix mixer and effects units. I use three rackmount multieffects units at once. Most any pedal will work as far as I know, but some will give you much better results than others. I liked the multi effects since it gave me such a huge range of possibilities.
johnwynberg
It seems that the cool name and the lack of information really did it for me, with this module. I just ordered an electric guitar and a Black Locust to process the guitar through the modular… Also quite curious about working with feedback loops, but I don’t have any guitar pedals yet. And when I found out that the Black Locust is not going to be delivered until Tuesday, I also ended up ordering an Orange Micro Dark Head, which seems great for the money. Now I don’t know if to cancel my order for the Black Locust, or if I will enjoy it as part of my set up, as a different preamp for the guitar and some of my other gear, until I get into some pedals. Any ideas for cheap and great pedals that work well with the Black Locust?
There is so little information about the Black Locust… Though I suppose it’s almost the same as the Stilton Adaptor (I need to see what I can find about the Stilton), but without the extra output in channel 4 for shorter feedback looks. Anyone knows why that extra output was taken out? At the moment, it seems like the only advantage of the Black Locust over the Stilton Adaptor is its smaller size, since the expansion options are not going to be very useful until who knows when (when the rest of the feedback console gets released).
johnwynberg
I just got the Black Locust. Does anyone know what are the audio levels for the input, output and the send/return? I just want to have a better understanding of what is happening with the audio signal levels.
Of course, I assume it takes modular level signals in and out, and for the send/return it should be pedal levels... But it sounds a bit quiet, especially when using the send/return. Or perhaps, after playing with my guitar amp, Phonogene and a Metasonix R-56, I was expecting the Black Locust to be a bit louder.
Anyway, I don't want to sound as if I'm criticising the module. That's not my intention. The Black Locust is perfectly fine. I've tried it with other gear (Theremini) and headphones, and the sound is loud and clear. But, still, I want to know how much gain it has, and to what audio level drops the signal it sends to a pedal. Would I need a re-amp to take signals even lower, since there doesn't seem to be a way to control the level of the send signal, and a boost pedal for weaker signals in the return path, or an amp?
johnwynberg
Like Trash Audio says, it's quiet in here. But I'll continue to talk to myself, in the hope that someone might join me.

Day 2 with the Black Locust... Last night it made me feel the output limitations of my Analog Four, so it brought back from retirement my Komplete Audio 6. I never cared that much to be able to connect my modular to a PC, but since I got the Black Locust (and no pedals yet), to be able to easily send 4 channels of audio to be processed by the PC, and bring them back to the modular, for further processing... I'm surprised the Black Locust is not also advertised as an instrument and PC interface (I/O).
Initially I though I'll just move the Black Locust between cases, as I see fit, to process guitar, but now I've decided to give it a permanent place on my main case, in the company of Planar, QMMF-4, QUAD-LFO, and the likes.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1