MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NI releases Reaktor 6
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author NI releases Reaktor 6
extra testicle
does cpu use come into effect when connecting or when modules are added? do different types of modulations change cpu use? these are monophonic only right?

seems like patch matrix module would be nice.
Upright
Word is that NI is going to release some sort of module to interface with blocks and Euro....thinking along the lines of the Roland stuff. This could get very interesting.
dumbledog
They'd be insane not to do so, or not to contract out w/ someone like Expert Sleepers to do so.
secretkillerofnames
thelizard wrote:

I'm thinking of resurrecting my Max Euromax project for Reaktor and creating a bunch of Eurorack-emulation Blocks.

Please do. I haven't had any luck putting the old ones or ampere macros into blocks yet but I also haven't had much time.
Upright
Got Reaktor 6 up and running last night- The Blocks framework sounds incredible. I also had no problem running LFO's from Blocks to my hardware euro system. My next task is to get pitch CV from Blocks to my euro, once I do that I'll be off and running in a major way. grin
phonodyne
Are you using an Expert Sleepers module for that, Upright?
Upright
No, I just patch the LFO in Reaktor to an output of my Motu 828 MK3 and run a Floating Ring cable fron the Motu directly to my eurorack
bafonso
This thing is looking great. Max missed the boat on this. They could have explored people's desire to code. Had they fleshed out more gen~ and overhauled the design and UI...

Not that I am complaining, reaktor's community is fantastic and within 24h there's already lots of modules for us all to play. There is a good Max gen~ patch for a good LPG emulation, could potentially be ported! I also dream of good west coast-like blocks, my heart's happy synth place.

Coupling to expert sleepers seems obvious... but things like feedback won't work out as well given the latencies.
listentoaheartbeat
Upright wrote:
My next task is to get pitch CV from Blocks to my euro, once I do that I'll be off and running in a major way. grin

The pitch scaling in REAKTOR Blocks works OKish with Expert Sleepers converters right out of the box.

Pitch signals in Blocks are scaled with a value of 0.1/Oct, so since the ES-3 has a max output voltage of roughly ±10V you get approximately 1V/Oct. Obviously it’s not very accurate without calibration - in my case tracking is off roughly one semitone over four octaves.

Here's the bit on Pitch signals from the Blocks Manual (p. 60):

Pitch inputs, which are used to control the frequency of oscillators and filters, scale an input value between 0 and 1 up to a MIDI note value between 0 and 120. A value of 0 equals MIDI note 0, a value of 0.5 equals MIDI note 60, and a value of 1 equals MIDI note 120.

However, this does not mean that you have to use quantized signals to control your oscillators. If you connect an envelope to the Pitch input of an oscillator, the envelope output of 0 to 1 results in a smooth sweep ranging from MIDI note 0 to MIDI note 120 (given that no offset has
been dialed in using the frequency controls of the oscillator).

Using this range allows for convenient scaling and offsetting of pitch signals, since the range from 0 to 1 covers exactly 10 octaves. Similar to the 1 V/Oct-standard as found on contemporary modular synthesizers, you are dealing with a value of 0.1/Oct in REAKTOR Blocks. For instance,
if you want to transpose a pitch signal two octaves up, you have to add an offset of 0.2 (or 20%) to the signal.

Pitch inputs also accept signals lower than -1 and higher than +1, so pitches above and below the specified range can be achieved, too.
Upright
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
Upright wrote:
My next task is to get pitch CV from Blocks to my euro, once I do that I'll be off and running in a major way. grin

The pitch scaling in REAKTOR Blocks works OKish with Expert Sleepers converters right out of the box.

Pitch signals in Blocks are scaled with a value of 0.1/Oct, so since the ES-3 has a max output voltage of roughly ±10V you get approximately 1V/Oct. Obviously it’s not very accurate without calibration - in my case tracking is off roughly one semitone over four octaves.

Here's the bit on Pitch signals from the Blocks Manual (p. 60):

Pitch inputs, which are used to control the frequency of oscillators and filters, scale an input value between 0 and 1 up to a MIDI note value between 0 and 120. A value of 0 equals MIDI note 0, a value of 0.5 equals MIDI note 60, and a value of 1 equals MIDI note 120.

However, this does not mean that you have to use quantized signals to control your oscillators. If you connect an envelope to the Pitch input of an oscillator, the envelope output of 0 to 1 results in a smooth sweep ranging from MIDI note 0 to MIDI note 120 (given that no offset has
been dialed in using the frequency controls of the oscillator).

Using this range allows for convenient scaling and offsetting of pitch signals, since the range from 0 to 1 covers exactly 10 octaves. Similar to the 1 V/Oct-standard as found on contemporary modular synthesizers, you are dealing with a value of 0.1/Oct in REAKTOR Blocks. For instance,
if you want to transpose a pitch signal two octaves up, you have to add an offset of 0.2 (or 20%) to the signal.

Pitch inputs also accept signals lower than -1 and higher than +1, so pitches above and below the specified range can be achieved, too.

Excellent info....thank you so much my friend.
rosko
I bought it & really love it, i think they have done a great job. I wish there where more blocks though & more models of modular units, but already some outstanding efforts in the user section. I think the GUI & audio quality is spot on.
Upright
rosko wrote:
I bought it & really love it, i think they have done a great job. I wish there where more blocks though & more models of modular units, but already some outstanding efforts in the user section. I think the GUI & audio quality is spot on.

I've heard Native Instruments have Blocks Bundles coming....so we will see all sorts of modules soon enough.
Entrainer
Upright wrote:

I've heard Native Instruments have Blocks Bundles coming....so we will see all sorts of modules soon enough.

Ah, I see the way this is going.
amnesia
Can you modulate the fine tune in OSC?
Upright
amnesia wrote:
Can you modulate the fine tune in OSC?

Hmmmm I believe so but now that you mention it I don't know....I'll check as soon as I'm home
amnesia
I dont think you can which is a crying shame :-(

I do want to thank everyone for all your input. I decided to get both.

For me

Oscillot Pros = patching on the module faceplate. Seems more like Nord Modular

Reaktor Blocks = sound is better quality but Oscillot sound is great also.

The only thing I still want to know how to do is get my Beat Step Pro or midi keyboard working in Reaktor. I have chosen both in Reaktor 6 midi options but they arent working?? Yes they are usb plugged in.
dumbledog
Entrainer wrote:
Upright wrote:

New for R6: The Moogerfooger Virtual Collection, only $69.99 or 70 NIBucks
Upright
dumbledog wrote:

New for R6: The Moogerfooger Virtual Collection, only $69.99 or 70 NIBucks[/quote]

Actually for all of the Moogerfoogers and awesome CV control that doesn't sound too bad.
thelizard
amnesia wrote:
I dont think you can which is a crying shame :-(

I do want to thanks everyone for all you input I decided to get both.

For me

Oscillot Pros = patching on the module faceplate. Seems more like Nord Modular

Reaktor Blocks = sound is better quality but Oscillot sound is great also.

The only thing I still want to know how to do is get my Beat Step Pro or midi keyboard working in Reaktor. I have chosen both in Reaktor 6 midi options but they arent working?? Yes they are usb plugged in.

Look up the automation panel for ensembles. You pretty much drag CC messages to whatever knob or control you want. It's pretty cool once you get used to it. It's on the left-hand side, where the browser is.
Upright
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
Similar to the 1 V/Oct-standard as found on contemporary modular synthesizers, you are dealing with a value of 0.1/Oct in REAKTOR Blocks.

Also, I don't know how things were before Reaktor 6 but It seem that they purposely scaled the Blocks V/Oct standard purposely in a way that would make things easy to convert to the 1v/oct Eurorack standard. Would it just be a case of creating some sort of Primary module in Reaktor that would automatically multiply the pitch by 10. Maybe a simple math module that just does X10? I'm not even sure if that makes sense....I'll have to ask around. Thanks again for the info. grin
PraxisCat
Maybe we should start a list of blocks we would like to see? I am starting to thing that would be a good way to do development of these. Some taking on larger projects, but also an effort to try and knock down some utility modules such as wavefolders and wave multipliers, A-D envelopes, etc. Just an idea.
amsonx
now i use a lot Numerology and Silent Way with a motu 828 mkII/ES-1 to interact with my euro, i'm tempted to buy Reaktor but i've a (maybe dumb) question ? Can i i use it to send CV to my euro ?
Upright
amsonx wrote:
now i use a lot Numerology and Silent Way with a motu 828 mkII/ES-1 to interact with my euro, i'm tempted to buy Reaktor but i've a (maybe dumb) question ? Can i i use it to send CV to my euro ?

Yes you sure can. I have a Motu 828 MK3 and I'm sending CV from Reaktor to my euro. The only issue is that in its native state, pitch CV in Reaktor does not match the Eurorack standard. But, I have a friend that builds amazing Reaktor instruments that explained to me how to convert the current Block pitch scaling (0.1/Oct) so that it works with Euro (1v/Oct). This is done by adding a simple Primary module that basically multiples the signal. Hopefully, sometime during the weekend I'll try my hand at creating this "conversion" module.
Entrainer
PraxisCat wrote:
Maybe we should start a list of blocks we would like to see? I am starting to thing that would be a good way to do development of these. Some taking on larger projects, but also an effort to try and knock down some utility modules such as wavefolders and wave multipliers, A-D envelopes, etc. Just an idea.

Serge-esque DUSG + SSG

Buchla-esque Source of Uncertainty

Physical Modeling like MI Elements

user loadable wavetable oscillator on par with Serum's quality

something like Phonogene and/or Tyme Sefari

Vocoder/Filterbank like 296e

Pulse Divider / Boolean Logic output to Drum Sampler and/or USG

Euclidean Triggers out to Drum Sampler and/or USG

Something like Modcan Quad LFO with the clock divider, morphing waveshape, vcas and intermodulation

>

Maschine / Kontrol / S5 like controller for Reaktor where there are 10 loadable "blocks" with maybe 6 configurable patches each and patch cables to enable a tactile experience. LCD parameter update + knobs.

Make it like a 6U 84hp skiff. 5 modules on top, 5 on the bottom
amsonx
Upright wrote:
amsonx wrote:

Yes you sure can. I have a Motu 828 MK3 and I'm sending CV from Reaktor to my euro. The only issue is that in its native state, pitch CV in Reaktor does not match the Eurorack standard. But, I have a friend that builds amazing Reaktor instruments that explained to me how to convert the current Block pitch scaling (0.1/Oct) so that it works with Euro (1v/Oct). This is done by adding a simple Primary module that basically multiples the signal. Hopefully, sometime during the weekend I'll try my hand at creating this "conversion" module.

thanks a lot, i'll buy it for sure smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 3 of 25