MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NI releases Reaktor 6
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author NI releases Reaktor 6
yghartsyrt
so can anyone confirm if the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 has DC coupled outputs?

I can use my outputs to send out LFOs (although not with that much peak), but it seems I can't calibrate the Pitch output block.
Gogoolpex
I just integrated Reaktor 6 with Blocks 1.2 as a plugin in Ableton Live. Its a bit tricky and I did not find any hints on the web. Here is how I achieved it:

1.) create an audio track with Reactor 6 as an FX (Reaktor 6 FX VST)
2.) create a midi track and route it to the audio track with Reaktor FX. In order to run sequences in sync with Ableton use a Clock block and set it to "EXT".
3.) edit the default Blocks ensemble in Reaktor (Blocks New.ens) and create multiple instances of Ins and Out (duplicate the existing once or right click -> Build-In Module -> Terminal -> "In Port" or "Out Port").

Now you need to create one Ableton audio track for the input routing and one for the output routing.
4.) Create an audio track and choose "Ext. In" and choose the input of our sound card which is connected to the output of the modular VCO. Route the audio to the Reaktor FX track and choose the first option "Reakor 2 L/ - Reaktor 6 FX"
5.) Create an audio track and choose Reakor FX as input and "Reaktor 2/- Reaktor 6 FX". Route the audio to "Ext. Ou"t and the output of your DC coupled sound card which is connected to the 1V/Oct in of the VCO.
6.) in Reaktor take the Block "Util Pitch CV out" and connect the "in" to In 3.
7.) connect the Pitch CV of the Block to Out 3.
8.) Now press "RUN" and calibrate the Pitch CV

Now the unit is calibrated and you can connect to a step sequencer or the Note In block.

Other Hints:
The channel names can be confusing and trial and error with a MIX 4 unit can help.
Configure Ableton live correct for your audio interface so that you get a lot of mono outputs of additional CVs.
You can add additional CV outs the same ensemble by repeating step 5.
You can also use multiple instances of the Pitch CV out, one for each VCO.
Once its set up you can save everything as a template.
Use Clock -> Clock divider -> Util Gates & Trigs -> out to sync your external sequencers to Reaktor and Ableton (similar for the Reset)

I guess this will replace my expert sleepers plugins, much more flexible and fun!
lvankanten
That's awesome Googolpex, thanks for this!

Been struggling with this for awhile now, I'm hoping to use this instead of the ES plugins as well.
debolish
Pretty cool walkthrough here. Thought I had posted this earlier, but perhaps it was in another thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-15njXbyVJ4&index=1&list=PL7k6z8krqKqy U4_znLQsA7zqDpReOIHUu&spfreload=5
thelizard
Euro Reakt 3.0 is out:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/9093/

I've added 15 new Blocks, including many emulations of Nonlinear Circuits modules. Thanks to Andrew for his approval and help!
debolish
thelizard wrote:
Euro Reakt 3.0 is out:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/9093/

I've added 15 new Blocks, including many emulations of Nonlinear Circuits modules. Thanks to Andrew for his approval and help!

Thanks very much! we're not worthy
shreeswifty
Holy Shit Mike, you are killing it
ignatius
shreeswifty wrote:

and just wait until you check out the new unfiltered audio plug ins MY ASS IS BLEEDING we're not worthy
thelizard
ignatius wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

and just wait until you check out the new unfiltered audio plug ins MY ASS IS BLEEDING we're not worthy

Thanks! I really needed that hahah. Guinness ftw!

We had a last-minute bug report that is borderline absurd. The amount of things that needed to line up for this to be spotted boggles my mind. It literally takes 30+ minutes for this bug to manifest under specific conditions, so testing and revising has been a bit cabin fever-y today. very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
Jamnuska
yghartsyrt wrote:
so can anyone confirm if the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 has DC coupled outputs?

I can use my outputs to send out LFOs (although not with that much peak), but it seems I can't calibrate the Pitch output block.

Another thread (not sure it answers your question because I don't even know what you are asking)...

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133826&highlight=
shreeswifty
ignatius wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

In Reaktor? Or are these Mike's new insanity?

Please let me know, seems like we are approaching a new heydey of Digital/Analog hybridization and it's quite welcome. I relate it to when SoundFlower made piping audio a breeze and when Syphon was released by Tom and Anton. Simple creative advances that are just monumental for exploration.

Thank you Mike.
amsonx
debolish wrote:
Just curious as to how some of you are using Blocks with your setup. Are you running Reaktor 6 in standalone, or as a plugin within your DAW? For those of you using it within your DAW, how are you getting audio back into the PITCH CV OUT block for oscillator calibration?

Right now i've do some test using Reaktor 6 as Instrument in Numerology & for now i only sending CV from reaktor to my euro and a back in only the audio, i've an es-1 but i've used only the Motu 828 MKII DC coupled output, i don't own an Expert sleepers module for Cv input and i plan to use the silent way CV input plugin.
amsonx
shreeswifty wrote:
ignatius wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Please let me know, seems like we are approaching a new heydey of Digital/Analog hybridization and it's quite welcome. I relate it to when SoundFlower made piping audio a breeze and when Syphon was released by Tom and Anton. Simple creative advances that are just monumental for exploration.

Thank you Mike.

What about Syphon for audio ? (i use the video/audio Version within VDMX) i'm really interested , do you have some link ?
shreeswifty
I'm sorry i was correlating the development of Syphon as a video tool with SoundFlower as an audio tool. I too use Syphon with VDMX/Isadora and QC
Stollmeister
shreeswifty wrote:
ignatius wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Thank you Mike.

"Mike's new insanity"... awesome bandname!
amsonx
shreeswifty wrote:
I'm sorry i was correlating the development of Syphon as a video tool with SoundFlower as an audio tool. I too use Syphon with VDMX/Isadora and QC

thanks.. so i'll continue to use Soundflower to pipe audio wink
thelizard
shreeswifty wrote:
ignatius wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Thank you Mike.

New stuff with my company, Unfiltered Audio. We're putting this out in less than two weeks: https://www.facebook.com/unfilteredaudio/photos/a.520691637943808.1235 20.477807032232269/1160000060679626/?type=3&theater
secretkillerofnames
thelizard wrote:

New stuff with my company, Unfiltered Audio. We're putting this out in less than two weeks: https://www.facebook.com/unfilteredaudio/photos/a.520691637943808.1235 20.477807032232269/1160000060679626/?type=3&theater

They look great. Though what I really need to do is lock the doors, turn off the mobile and sit down with Euro Reakt for a few months hmmm.....
yghartsyrt
Jamnuska wrote:
yghartsyrt wrote:

Another thread (not sure it answers your question because I don't even know what you are asking)...

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133826&highlight=

I read that thread. Thanks. I also asked NI and the the exact same answer as the other guy.
It seems it doesn't put out that much voltage. I get some modulation with a floating ring cable, but the range leaves room for more
synthi
ignatius wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Unfiltered audio Sandman is on sale this weekend at only 19$ !!!
ignatius
synthi wrote:
ignatius wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Unfiltered audio Sandman is on sale this weekend at only 19$ !!!

super fun plug in. can really jam w/it. i like the sound quality of their plug ins.

no brainer at that price for sure.
dannyhawaii
Hey all, I've added a Mac build for the Instrument Browser over at the NI forum. Makes it nice and easy to browse this immense library of awesome blocks. Thanks so much for all the hard work on them, thelizard!

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/blocks-instrument-bro wser-for-osx-now-available.271818/
hyena
really cool dannyhawaii!
thelizard: last update was a blast as usual! already made good use of the squid axon on a couple of tracks smile thanks guys! you are really great!
thelizard
dannyhawaii wrote:
Hey all, I've added a Mac build for the Instrument Browser over at the NI forum. Makes it nice and easy to browse this immense library of awesome blocks. Thanks so much for all the hard work on them, thelizard!

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/blocks-instrument-bro wser-for-osx-now-available.271818/

Awesome work!
dannyhawaii
Thanks, guys. I can't take credit for all the code, just sorting it out so the Mac build works.

Look out for an updated version soon at the link below. It will save the window size and layout so you don't have to change it every time you open it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/9183/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 21 of 25