MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NI releases Reaktor 6
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author NI releases Reaktor 6
debolish
dannyhawaii wrote:
Thanks, guys. I can't take credit for all the code, just sorting it out so the Mac build works.

Look out for an updated version soon at the link below. It will save the window size and layout so you don't have to change it every time you open it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/9183/

Thanks for this. Makes for a smoother workflow. thumbs up
hyena
i was wondering, why there is yet no block capable of sampling and looping on the fly? i've seen some sampler but they are sample players\manglers , no realtime sampling yet (think: tyme sefari mk2 blocks version).

is there some technical difficulty\limitation or is just that nobody thinked about it yet?
mwvm
hyena wrote:
i was wondering, why there is yet no block capable of sampling and looping on the fly? i've seen some sampler but they are sample players\manglers , no realtime sampling yet (think: tyme sefari mk2 blocks version).

is there some technical difficulty\limitation or is just that nobody thinked about it yet?

I hope for one

Or a looper
thelizard
hyena wrote:

I assure you that people have thought of it =)

There's a pretty good quad buffer by Colugo: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/9949/

Other than that, it's technical complexity. It's not terribly time consuming to build a read/write buffer. It's much more time consuming to make it sound good by adding interpolation, crossfading at loop points, etc. Most of all, building an intuitive interface is the hardest part, I'd say. You'd definitely want indicators for start point, end point, playback position.

That being said, a lot of the foundation is already there! Between Colugo's Block and my sample looper, I imagine that someone will hack one together soon.
thelizard
mwvm wrote:
hyena wrote:

I hope for one

Or a looper

Have you used the sample looper in Euro Reakt? Also check out the Colugo Block posted in my last comment.
hyena
of course i tried your looper and it works great smile

wow! memplane works great too! i'd like a few more features like activating write and read with gates and stuff like that but well, this is really great, with the loop start\end modulation and speed parameter...great stuff!
mwvm
thelizard wrote:
mwvm wrote:
hyena wrote:

I hope for one

Or a looper

Have you used the sample looper in Euro Reakt? Also check out the Colugo Block posted in my last comment.

The block mustn't have zero crossing. Very clicky. And changes pitch when you faff with sliders. Undesirable imo.

The looper doesn't record audio input no???

There's a lot of interesting FSU blocks to do wacky things with audio...however the quality isn't there - usually unpleasant artifacts are inherent
hyena
oh,well, i have a tyme sefari so i guess clicky loops aren't that much of a disappointment for me grin
mwvm
hyena wrote:
oh,well, i have a tyme sefari so i guess clicky loops aren't that much of a disappointment for me grin

Depends tbh. If I do random start/end with the beatwife M4L or some simpler fucking about its pretty good.

The blocks that do this type of thing have more artifacts than just clicks

I like clicks too actually
orangehexagon
I'd love to see a clone of 4MS SCM + breakout.

I'll donate to the cause. Guinness ftw!
mwvm
orangehexagon wrote:

you could kinda simulate this with trigger/gates going into sequential switching?
listentoaheartbeat
mwvm wrote:
orangehexagon wrote:

you could kinda simulate this with trigger/gates going into sequential switching?

The Digilog Clock Divider allows you to modulate all divisions, so you can get similar results out of the box.

For shuffle, you can use an LFO that is reset by every other beat of the main clock (/2 division). Shuffle amount is set by the LFO rate (LFO rate needs to be slightly slower than /2 division of main clock). Example attached, Reset function on the Clock is used for /2 division.
sanderbaan
The stock Util Clock module has Shuffle !
listentoaheartbeat
sanderbaan wrote:
The stock Util Clock module has Shuffle !

You cannot modulate the amount of shuffle though (like on the 4ms SCM). For this, the patch above can be used (slight modulation of LFO freq controls shuffle amount).
mwvm
Sequencer that has note length?

If someone could emulate a OD ER-101. One thing I miss from that thing is the Steve Reich phase stuff waah
Flohr
EDIT: I was having trouble linking a Maschine Mk1 to Reaktor without a template but I figured it out.

More importantly, every time I make an adjustment under the panel, like duplicate a block or change how something is routed, it stops the Maschine Sequencer Block and I have to manually make it play again. What could be causing that?
Flohr
Completely unrelated to my prior post. I am considering getting a used older MacBook solely for the purpose of running Reaktor 6 in a live scenario. What kind of specs should I be looking for? I know NI lists minimum requirements but let's say I want to run some pretty intense patches. Would I be better off just saving up and getting a new one, or would 5-6 year old MacBook or MacBook Pro be able to handle it?
soup
Flohr wrote:
Completely unrelated to my prior post. I am considering getting a used older MacBook solely for the purpose of running Reaktor 6 in a live scenario. What kind of specs should I be looking for? I know NI lists minimum requirements but let's say I want to run some pretty intense patches. Would I be better off just saving up and getting a new one, or would 5-6 year old MacBook or MacBook Pro be able to handle it?

I have a 2011 macbook pro and it definitely struggles with too many of the more cpu intensive blocks like the monark filter. I can't even run the most intense factory block ensembles.
dkcg
soup wrote:
Flohr wrote:

I have a 2011 macbook pro and it definitely struggles with too many of the more cpu intensive blocks like the monark filter. I can't even run the most intense factory block ensembles.

I have a 2009 MBP, it won't run it at all because I don't have 10.9 or higher. When I tried installing 10.9, enough broke that I went back to 10.8.5. The MB is now a legacy machine and will not go past 10.8.5. I imagine if I was on 10.9, it would be a worse experience than soup's experience on his 2011.

Maybe look at a used quad core Mini instead of a Macbook. I would save up for a newer imac, unless you need the macbook portability. I just got a new imac, and it's stellar. No problems running Aalto, Kaivo, Reaktor, anything really. I highly reccomend it, it will cost more than a used Mac, but it will last you years. Cost me under $200 to fill the memory to 32gigs too.

The older Macbooks are notorious for overheating and basically melting down. I had two fail from overheating before I got the 2009, maybe they're have better cooling now. I dunno.
Flohr
Ok good to know, thank you for your input. I was interested for live performances, and wanted a Mac because I was thinking about using the new Expert Sleepers ES-8 for my audio and cv I/O but he hasn't said when it will get Windows support. I currently run R6 on a 2014 Dell Desktop with Windows 7 64 bit. I only have 8 gig ram and am running everything off a hard disc. Planning on adding ram and getting an SSD at some point. For now I can run an 8 voice generative poly patch with some modulation per voice and it can handle it but it's pushing it for sure.
Nielsen
How do you integrate Reaktor in Ableton Live when you're using 1.2 Blocks with your external gear (e.g. eurorack)?

I've build a nice instrument rack for Reaktor and my ES-3, but the latency is too high (around 120-130ms).

When I'm using separate audio channels for the reaktor to ES-3 outputs, I have the same issues. Ableton is running with a 256 buffersize and 24Bit/48kHz.

How do you handle this? Do have similar issues?
ipassenger
That latency seems very high! I get more like 10ms on that buffer size.

Something must be set wrong somewhere
nrg242
I'm having the same routing issues in Cubase that was mentioned a few pages back, due to Cubase not allowing audio inputs to the Reaktor VST.

as a workaround, if i calibrate my oscillator using the Reaktor standalone, then save a snapshot, will they then retain the settings if i later load the snapshot (assuming all the relevant tuning knobs on the modules are in the same positions)?

also, once you have a calibrated pitch cv module in reaktor, is there a way to insert that/merge into an existing snapshot/preset/ensemble, rather than building up a new patch by adding modules around it?

PS: i apologize for an newb-ness with these questions.
midilifestyle
Hey I don't know if other people have had this, but I'm hitting a wall with (what I thought would be) a basic audio routing task. While others are finding workarounds for routing audio IN to Reaktor, I'm struggling simply trying to get the reaktor vst to send OUT multiple channels of stereo audio that I can route to different Live audio tracks. When I create an additional two 'out' terminals in Reaktor and send audio to them, though, that audio doesn't seem to actually be available for Live to hear.

When I create the first set of out terminals, they're listed in mouseover as 'plugin bus 1, terminal 1', etc. And when I make the second set, they're listed in mouseover as 'plugin bus 2, terminal 1', etc. But in the dropdowns at the bottom of Ableton tracks, audio is coming through only on bus 1. Why might this be?

In the standalone version, there is a dialog box for "audio and midi settings," and under 'routing' you can determine which of your soundcard outs receive different audio buses, etc. But the VST has no such routing controls, being dependent on the hosts' routing options.

Screenshot attached shows everything wired up, but no green meters where they should be on the Ableton drop down:
midilifestyle
I'm dumb. I answered my own question.

I just assumed that the first bus on the list was a copy of the "post mixer" out above it. It is indeed the second bus.

I'll leave the problem and solution up for posterity.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 22 of 25