MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NI releases Reaktor 6
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Author NI releases Reaktor 6
skyshaver
Bumping this thread up as I've just gotten into using Reaktor 6 and Euro together.
midilifestyle
Sweet! How's that going for you so far?

I'm using Reaktor with a motu 828 mk3 and was bummed when I recently figured out that Reaktor *sends* cv well (and can receive gates with some degree of predictability it looks like) but the 828 isn't capable of *receiving* cv that Reaktor can use in any predictable way. Bummer, as I was hoping my monome modules could be used to sequence Reaktor via cv.

Now I'm weighing the benefits of teaching myself max (to bypass the monome eurorack modules altogether) or to go the easy but expensive route of buying a es-8 and a case deep enough to mount it in, as that will apparently have the necessary voltage to get cv into Reaktor. Although I haven't yet seen this demonstrated anywhere...
skyshaver
I'm using the expert sleepers es-3 to get CV/audio out of reaktor and am just now looking at an es-6 as a way of getting CV/audio out of the modular back into reaktor. I'm using a MOTU Ultralite AVB. Had a fair bit of success and fun using Reaktor to sequence the modular but haven't played around too much yet with sending mod sources. NOw that I have a basic understanding of all the routing needed to get audio/cv in/out of Reaktor and use the CV module to calibrate VCOs I should make a template to save some time.

I wish there was a hotkey to switch views in Reaktor. Working on a 13" laptop screen is a little maddening. Dead Banana
midilifestyle
Word! Reaktor is an amazing tool. I'be been using it since 2004, although I only dig into patching with it in the last few years. And now I have a euro system. GATEWAY DRUG.

I think being able to get cv into Reaktor will be worthwhile, as then you can use it to quickly patch together whatever module you "need" (scare quotes bc need is always a relative term in this hobby). It's a great way to quickly patch together an analog shift register, a clock divider, a quantizer, etc.

Also awesome, obvs, for use as a scratchpad for patch ideas in general.

You're already hip to the Euroreakt bundle yeah?
thelizard
skyshaver wrote:
I'm using the expert sleepers es-3 to get CV/audio out of reaktor and am just now looking at an es-6 as a way of getting CV/audio out of the modular back into reaktor. I'm using a MOTU Ultralite AVB. Had a fair bit of success and fun using Reaktor to sequence the modular but haven't played around too much yet with sending mod sources. NOw that I have a basic understanding of all the routing needed to get audio/cv in/out of Reaktor and use the CV module to calibrate VCOs I should make a template to save some time.

I wish there was a hotkey to switch views in Reaktor. Working on a 13" laptop screen is a little maddening. Dead Banana

I use an AVB + ES-3/6. Here's a video demonstrating sequencing Braids from Reaktor and modulating Reaktor using Maths:
https://youtu.be/nL4TNaJm-3M?t=546

It works really well and is about as straightforward as you expect. Just plug CV into the ES-6 and you're good to go.
skyshaver
I am hip to the eurreakt bundle but I've been putting off digging into in until I got a handle on the basic functionality of blocks. This thread is also responsible for me buying the new Sandman delay. So kudos to mr. hetrick all around.

I just watched Os's es-6 demo and it looks like a lot of fun, being able to record and loop/quantize CV. I'll check out the video thelizard linked as well. I also just got push 2 so I can see this taking over my life smile
thelizard
skyshaver wrote:
I am hip to the eurreakt bundle but I've been putting off digging into in until I got a handle on the basic functionality of blocks. This thread is also responsible for me buying the new Sandman delay. So kudos to mr. hetrick all around.

Much appreciated! Euro Reakt 4.0 will be out within the next week. Very excited for this update.
DJMaytag
I thought the 828's had DC coupled inputs AND outputs? No?
bodo
DJMaytag wrote:

No DC-coupled outputs only.

I've had succes with routing envelopes back in using an envelope follower, works pretty well!
DJMaytag
Well, poop. I wasn't going to get an ES-6, but now I guess I might need to...
ignatius
thelizard wrote:
skyshaver wrote:

Much appreciated! Euro Reakt 4.0 will be out within the next week. Very excited for this update.

^^^this guy never quits making awesome stuff applause
midilifestyle
bodo wrote:
DJMaytag wrote:

No DC-coupled outputs only.

I've had succes with routing envelopes back in using an envelope follower, works pretty well!

Ooh that's a good idea. Thanks for the tip
thelizard
ignatius wrote:
thelizard wrote:
skyshaver wrote:

Thanks!

Euro Reakt 4.0 is now up: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/9093/

Gonna go celebrate with some serious Tex-Mex
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
ignatius wrote:
thelizard wrote:
skyshaver wrote:

Thanks!

Euro Reakt 4.0 is now up: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/9093/

Great, thanks, excited to get into this tonight. Thanks so much for your incredible generosity in sharing all of your Euro Reakt work, which you could easily sell.

(I DID buy and am loving Sandman Pro, and recommend others do the same).
hermbot
I wonder if NI was planning on selling content packs of blocks in the future to expand on their factory library. Euro Reakt would have certainly put a hitch in their giddyup with how much it adds. Thanks for your work!
nrg242
thelizard wrote:
ignatius wrote:
thelizard wrote:
skyshaver wrote:

Thanks!

good luck on your defense. your work on EuroReakt is exemplary!
Funky40
some Q: .....speaking about building FX chains within Live9:

i´ve had the need for a VCA/Env combo between FX "modules" ( well VSTs),
imagine you make some delays resonate, and would like to "VCA" the sound as donne in eurorack with a VCO,
does Reaktor blocks deliver such FX modules ?
( i have no clue if Reaktor blocks are just about CV ing external gear)

........or are there some M4L "ensembles" that would do the VCA/Env thing ?

...........triggered by the keyboard/midi input
thelizard
Funky40 wrote:
some Q: .....speaking about building FX chains within Live9:

i´ve had the need for a VCA/Env combo between FX "modules" ( well VSTs),
imagine you make some delays resonate, and would like to "VCA" the sound as donne in eurorack with a VCO,
does Reaktor blocks deliver such FX modules ?
( i have no clue if Reaktor blocks are just about CV ing external gear)

........or are there some M4L "ensembles" that would do the VCA/Env thing ?

...........triggered by the keyboard/midi input

In Euro Reakt, there are two VCA/Env combo Blocks, one AD, the other Trapezoid.

-Load Reaktor as Reaktor FX.
-Add a Note In Block from the standard library (in the "Util" folder).
-Add an AD + VCA Block from Euro Reakt (in the "Modulation" folder).
-Connect Reaktor's Audio In to the VCA In terminal on AD/VCA.
-Connect the Note In's Gate output to AD/VCA's Gate input.
-Connect the VCA output from AD/VCA to Reaktor's Audio Out.

Alternatively, there's a standard library VCA ("AMP-VCA" in the "Bento Box" folder) that can receive modulation from any other Block. Connect the modulation source to the Mod A or B input. Click A or B on the VCA's interface and turn up the modulation source on the Amp knob. One advantage to using this VCA is that you can change the response on it (linear/exponential).
Funky40
...........so the doctor came and told me i should update to Reaktor6 for sanity wink

Thank you thelizard !
thelizard
Funky40 wrote:
...........so the doctor came and told me i should update to Reaktor6 for sanity wink

Thank you thelizard !

No problem! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

I've updated the instructions above with folder locations, along with a separate strategy using the default VCA. The standard library (with the Blocks 1.1 update) has a quad AD function generator similar to the Intellijel Quadra (or Buchla 281e for that matter) called "CFG" under the "West Coast" folder. There are additional envelopes in the "Bento Box" and "Monark" folders. Lots to experiment with!
Moon Indigo
Funky40 wrote:

Thank you thelizard !

+1
listentoaheartbeat
hermbot wrote:
I wonder if NI was planning on selling content packs of blocks in the future to expand on their factory library. Euro Reakt would have certainly put a hitch in their giddyup with how much it adds.

Blocks was conceptualized as an open framework and implemented in a way that would hopefully support builders and provide them with the means to contribute their own modules. It's one of Blocks' key features, and the reason why there is a Building Template and almost none of the Blocks are locked. Add that to the new Reaktor 6 Core Library, and it should become clear that all of this content is there to be used in your own creations. With Michael specifically it was good timing I guess, the development of Blocks and his research work on modular synthesis were a timely concurrence. No hitch in anyones giddyup!
thelizard
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
hermbot wrote:
I wonder if NI was planning on selling content packs of blocks in the future to expand on their factory library. Euro Reakt would have certainly put a hitch in their giddyup with how much it adds.

Blocks was conceptualized as an open framework and implemented in a way that would hopefully support builders and provide them with the means to contribute their own modules. It's one of Blocks' key features, and the reason why there is a Building Template and almost none of the Blocks are locked. Add that to the new Reaktor 6 Core Library, and it should become clear that all of this content is there to be used in your own creations. With Michael specifically it was good timing I guess, the development of Blocks and his research work on modular synthesis were a timely concurrence. No hitch in anyones giddyup!

Yeah! It worked out perfectly. Plus, Native Instruments' own Blocks are fantastic. I use their 1.1 LPG way more than my own now as I love the sound quality. I'm glad to hear that I haven't interfered in any way.

Speaking of the LPG, the main contribution of the dissertation isn't Euro Reakt so much as setting up design taxonomies for modules (both software and hardware). A main point is that a lot of software modules save CPU by employing what I call "monosemous" (opposite of "ambiguous") design strategies. In hardware, more manufacturers are going for a polymorphic approach where one module serves multiple purposes. One of the primary design goals for Euro Reakt is to emulate the feel of hardware by putting a lot of inputs and outputs on each Block (especially with the 4.0 update). There's a serendipitous quality to this design strategy, as I feel that these extra features guide a patcher down avenues they may not have explored without them.

The NI LPG is an example of the monosemous design strategy: You have an audio input, a pluck input, and a single output. It's very straightforward to use. The ER LPG has many more ins/outs. One of my favorite features is that it outputs the LPG and the envelope from the "vactrol" separately. Thus, you can use it simultaneously as an LPG and a modulation source for another signal.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:

I've updated the instructions above with folder locations, along with a separate strategy using the default VCA.

now that was a Great service. Very welcome ! Thank you thelizard !

and:
LPG ?? eek!
so, LPGs in Reaktor 6 ? (..........by drag and drop lol hehe, next level LPG then )
thelizard
Funky40 wrote:
thelizard wrote:

I've updated the instructions above with folder locations, along with a separate strategy using the default VCA.

now that was a Great service. Very welcome ! Thank you thelizard !

and:
LPG ?? eek!
so, LPGs in Reaktor 6 ? (..........by drag and drop lol hehe, next level LPG then )

Yep! There's an LPG in Euro Reakt, called "Low-Pass Gate" (under "Effects".

In the standard library, their LPG is under "West Coast" as "FLT-LPG".

NI's LPG is top-notch. I'd stick with that one unless you want the envelope capabilities of mine.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next [all]
Page 23 of 25