MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet thoughts...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet thoughts...
Roycie Roller
The ps500 is great! 6 built-in module connections, just plug in & play. I'm astonished that no-one has done an equivalent design for Eurorack (that i'm aware of).
It's a slight shame that some of the Blacet modules are so deep, because i can imagine an awesome low-profile frac suitcase with the ps500. So easy! Still, the depth isn't impossible to deal with, but if we had shallower modules eg. Noise Ring, that'd be the perfect portable rig.
plord
You can-- just barely-- mount a PS500 to the INSIDE of a frack rack and still have room for the half-depth modules (dual lin VCA, Mixer, Splitter, Micro LFO). I done seen it!
flts
Roycie Roller wrote:
The ps500 is great! 6 built-in module connections, just plug in & play. I'm astonished that no-one has done an equivalent design for Eurorack (that i'm aware of).

http://www.analoguehaven.com/mfb/midicv/

You can get it either with their 3U rack or without, availability seems kind of bad yet (new product) but I guess they will ramp up their production soon. The bad points are:

1) it has external switching PSU so power stability may or may not be good depending on if they've done their R&D properly - seems to have some additional filtering and regulation on board too
2) You'll get a MIDI/CV with each unit, whether you need one or not.

Otherwise, it seems to have 8 module connectors and +-500mA of juice - should be enough for one rack unless you stuff it full of compact high current consumption modules. So might be very convenient and not too expensive for powering a single rack of euro stuff, even though it doesn't look as rock solid as Blacet PSUs and probably can't power too many 3U units.
nathankirchner
Current trend at Blacet is towards slim modules. The Hexzone is about an inch deep and the ________ is about the same.

I'd guess there will be more and more slim Blacet modules on the way.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1