MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

R1Gslew: gate activated slew limiter PCB/panel, kludgy/cheap
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author R1Gslew: gate activated slew limiter PCB/panel, kludgy/cheap
falafelbiels
Okay there is a thread already where this one is menttioned, but it is a very messy one, so I will start all over right here.

I have designed a PCB for a gate activated slew limiter.
What it does is limit the speed of transition from one CV value to the next, in other words: it makes slides in your note sequences.

the slew limiter is active when the ilumminated tact switch is lit and the speed is set with the potentiometer. The slew limiter can be acivated manually with that tact switch, or externally by inserting a gate/ trigger signal in the connector labelled EXT. The toggle switch next to the EXT input determines the mode of external activation. when set to FF it activates the slew limiter on reception of a gate/ trigger signal. when set to G it activates the slew limiter for as long as there is a gate present at the EXT input. gated mode is nice to use with sequencers that have active step outputs.
The R1Gslew also has a buffered output for passing on the input to more oscillators (or more R1Gslews)

I reckon this one goes very nicely with any Baby-8/10 variant or an expanded Turing Machine or what not...
(yeah I need to expand my Turing Machine)

Look at him go:

Aaaah me so clumsy!

So the thing looks like this when finished:

see the kludges? that is why they go cheaply for now. I will order revised boards shortly for those who don't want to kludge, but these wiil be less cheap.

kludge one is necessary to feed power to the cd4052 which is the IC near the potentiometer. Solder a resistor clipping from pin 14 of the HEF4013 or the pad of the Bp cap closest to that Pin 14, to pin 16 of the CD4052 or the pad of the Bp cap closest to that pin 16.

kludge two is makes the thing work nicer in gated mode. It will reset the active flipflop on reception of a gate signal. It also involves the cutting of a trace, which I have already done for you Solder a resistor clipping from pin 4 of the HEF4013 to the anode of the middle one of the three diodes left of it, or to the left pad of the pd resistor left of HEF4013.

as you can see the parts count is pretty low and there are no weird or hard to find parts. The BOM includes links to some specific parts.

I'd hereby offer these boards/ panels to people who would like to have a go at it. I have plenty of slew limiters for my own system for n
I am selling these PCBs for €5,- each, panels for €5,- too, shipping is €3,- worldwide (all ex VAT).

A BOM will be posted here later today, okay?

So who's in?

Animal!

#########################################

These guys are:

Float32 x1
Flab x2
Mush x2
Sixty_n x2 + spaeterneisa x1
Mattfearsatan x1
Babagnohm x2 + Sizzla x1
Loderblast x1
Setsun8 x1
float32
That panel is beautiful! I'm down for a pcb and panel.
falafelbiels
float32

Thank you, you are down indeed!
flab
me please , two pcbs-
but no panel this time, if that is possible-
i am planning to cut one that will fit two screaming goo yo
mush
I'd like 2 pcb's no panel. But I wonder what else you have in stock, maybe I'll make a bigger order...
flab
^ i want to know that as well
sixty_n
two pcbs & two panels for me please
mattfearsatan
Hi there,
A PCB and a panel, please?
Anyone in the UK going to make an order of the push switch? I'm happy to buy a few and distribute to save on postage.
Matt
falafelbiels
Cool cool cool

What else have I got coming up? Well the Corny Rhythm is good to go, a "preset" rhythm sequencer inspired by the Roland CR8000 with built in conga (Tumbadora).
I need to compose a bit of build info for this.

I also have some boards for Sizzla, a 4hp hihat and cymbal module, based on the CR8000 again. It looks like Tumbadora.
Some component values need to be changed on the silkscreen and the open hihat has a bit of an irritating thump. Hope I can work this out.
This one also needs some build info to go along.

And then I have a bunch of Spaeterneisa sets in stock too.
You know, the funny little 4hp 4stage clock divider/ pattern maker.

Couple of Clawbells are here as well.

Plenty of Tumbadora sets here...

In other news, I got in the results of my first experiment in FR-4 frontpanel design today. The solder resist layer makes it a bit on the vague side and one hole needs a little bit of widening, which I can do.

These can go for €5,- as well.
babagnohm
Yo Mr Mr.

I would love to take a couple of the slews and maybe one of the sizzlas for
now grin

Kalle

nanners nanners nanners
falafelbiels
Sure.
flab
can I have a h-corny as well please together with my slews ? i will order a sizzla in the future when will be set
mush
A clock-divider PCB and two slew PCBs then. Will you send me an PM with payment info?
sammy123
I'd like to grab a sizzla and that Corny Rythym if it is available.
setsun8
I'm in for 1x slew pcb with wood panel.

Should the pot be log/lin response?

Thanks.
falafelbiels
Okay guys, super busy right now preparing for the SDIY convention in Tilburg.

After the weekend I will get back to you about this.

Oh the pot on the R1Gslew is a 1M linear...
setsun8
Thanks falafelbiels
Looking forward to it!
falafelbiels
sammy123 wrote:

Be ready for an announcement on these as I am kind of still working on these...
sammy123
falafelbiels wrote:
sammy123 wrote:

Be ready for an announcement on these as I am kind of still working on these...

Cool. Thanks!
falafelbiels
sending out those info requests today....
search64
Interested in the corny rhythm cool
falafelbiels
well check it out.....

klik
falafelbiels
All sent out....

thanks guys!

Plenty of boards left still
$XxxxX$
falafelbiels wrote:

Plenty of boards left still

You still have boards and panels left?
falafelbiels
I'm out of the cheapies, but I still have the expensive good ones. They go for €10,- for the PCB, €5,- for the panel.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2